Tino Pai Tours

Mostly Tauranga.

Can't help either way.  Non-refundable if the ship doesn't dock, but that is pretty common in NZ.

Nice looking site, with photos and videos borrowed from the attraction or the local tourism bodies. No reviews or endorsements on their site, no current reviews on their social media page. 

If you are looking for a tour from Tauranga, the local tourism authority sets up a marquee  just inside the port gates, and sells tours for many different operators.  Get off the ship early to get the best choice. That way, you don't have to pay in advance.

On 10/12/2024 at 3:38 AM, pooh/tigger said:

Anyone use these folks? Review? Thanks

11 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

If you are looking for a tour from Tauranga, the local tourism authority sets up a marquee  just inside the port gates, and sells tours for many different operators.  Get off the ship early to get the best choice. That way, you don't have to pay in advance.

You can also book with these operators in advance online.  Plus they reg7nd if the ship is unable to dock, although that is a rarity in Tauranga.  My son and I booked a Hobbiton tour, which was fabulous.

Our Princess cruise is stopping at the regular cruise ports in New Zealand. Would love to hear excursions you’ve taken that were so good, you wanted everyone to know? 

About us, we are fine walking or being on the water. Not afraid of heights (we’re thinking of doing the skywalk at the Auckland tower) nor afraid of enclosed tours. 

Thank you all for your help. BTW, I did a search before asking my question. I didn’t see anything that helped but my wife says I’m blind a lot so maybe I missed it. 

6 hours ago, pooh/tigger said:

Our Princess cruise is stopping at the regular cruise ports in New Zealand. Would love to hear excursions you’ve taken that were so good, you wanted everyone to know? 

About us, we are fine walking or being on the water. Not afraid of heights (we’re thinking of doing the skywalk at the Auckland tower) nor afraid of enclosed tours. 

Thank you all for your help. BTW, I did a search before asking my question. I didn’t see anything that helped but my wife says I’m blind a lot so maybe I missed it. 

Princess cruises visit different ports, not always the same ones. What ports are you visiting, it will make it easier to help you with suggestions?

Edited by possum52

The ports you will visit will ensure you have a great visit to NZ. We have booked local tours thru Viator, Zealandier & Shore Trips & Tours. Please note that these companies are 'wholesalers' of tours taking bookings for tours that will operate thru local tour operators. It has always worked out well for us in this manner.

For Dunedin we thoroughly recommend to book directly thru Tourworks - they are the actual tour company, locals who provide a great trip.

Enjoy!!!!

23 minutes ago, pooh/tigger said:

Tauranga - If you like the Lord of the Rings movies, you can visit Hobbiton where the movies were mainly filmed. If you are interested in Māori culture, a visit to Rotorua is a must. 

Auckland -  A ferry ride to Waiheke Island: "Just 40 minutes from Auckland, you'll feel worlds away with world-class wines, pristine beaches, and walking tracks. Glide through native bush on a zipline, sip wine, or indulge in award-winning restaurants."

-  A ferry ride to Devonport, a historic village across Auckland Harbour - lots of walking tracks.

Dunedin - train rides into the countryside, or along the coast ( I think can only be booked through ship excursions), boat rides to look at wildlife.

Edited by possum52

4 minutes ago, mr walker said:

The ports you will visit will ensure you have a great visit to NZ. We have booked local tours thru Viator, Zealandier & Shore Trips & Tours. Please note that these companies are 'wholesalers' of tours taking bookings for tours that will operate thru local tour operators. It has always worked out well for us in this manner.

For Dunedin we thoroughly recommend to book directly thru Tourworks - they are the actual tour company, locals who provide a great trip.

Enjoy!!!!

Yes I agree. We booked through Viator and the same companies were used. Much cheaper than ship excursions. The company used for Dunedin, unfortunately, I believe didn't survive Covid as the tour and guide were excellent.

On 10/14/2024 at 8:35 AM, pooh/tigger said:

Napier: Prinsy Tours.  They are the provider and will refund if ship doesn't arrive.  Note that they also run ships' tours to the Sheep Farm.

Wellington: If you are a beer drinker, there is a "beer trail" to breweries.  A lot of fun (and I don't drink beer!)  One of them is a decent walk from where the bus drops off.  Otherwise the funicular and walk down through the botanic gardens.