Does the Love Boat Theme Horn is Played in Sydney on Princess boat

aus1235

Good Evening all,

I was 50/50 either to post here or on the Princess Cruises Area.

I wondering if anyone has been on Princess Cruises sailing out of Sydney, Does the Love Boat Theme Horn is played as it leave Sydney where do they do it if they do use it?

Thanks

Firstly they aren't allowed to play it when leaving Sydney now, people who live near the terminal complained. I'm not sure where they do use it these days. 

Only the Royal Class ships, usually Royal Princess and Majestic Princess here, have the tonal horns to play it. Older ships like Diamond Princess and Crown Princess don't have that type of horn. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Firstly they aren't allowed to play it when leaving Sydney now, people who live near the terminal complained. I'm not sure where they do use it these days. 

Only the Royal Class ships, usually Royal Princess and Majestic Princess here, have the tonal horns to play it. Older ships like Diamond Princess and Crown Princess don't have that type of horn. 

When Royal Princess left Sydney for the last cruise of this past season. The Captain played the Love Boat theme. I was quite surprised as I also didn’t think they were allowed. He also played at a lot of
Ports on our way to Japan.

They aren't allowed to make a noise departing White Bay, but I am not aware of specific restrictions at OPT, at least for daylight departures. The tune is not as loud as the usual foghorns.

We have heard the Love Boat whistle being played during departures from Sydney and Brisbane. As mentioned, it is only the newer ships that have it - as for Sydney, it will only be Royal Princess this season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

They aren't allowed to make a noise departing White Bay, but I am not aware of specific restrictions at OPT, at least for daylight departures. The tune is not as loud as the usual foghorns.

We have heard the Love Boat whistle being played during departures from Sydney and Brisbane. As mentioned, it is only the newer ships that have it - as for Sydney, it will only be Royal Princess this season.

Yippee, I hope the Royal plays it on my 7th of December departure. 

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

Yes, it might depend on time of day. I do know that loud sailaway music is banned until the ship has passed the Opera House at least when leaving from the OPT. I'm surprised Royal was allowed to play its horn there.

It does sound wonderful though, especially in places like Kotor where it echoes back from the surrounding mountains.

• Like 1

It was played on Majestic Princess as we left the OPT in March 2024. As its a busy shipping area I'm pretty sure the have use their horns as warning to other vessels they are moving off so they may as well use the Love Boat Theme but its up to the Captain which horns they use.