NEW VC TIER BLUE DIAMOND

sidari

27 minutes ago, Ryan82 said:

On board Splendida now. Asked the future cruise consultant and she said she's not heard anything confirmed about a new status level. I appreciate that she may not have been informed yet but i think this is a rumor still.

Do you think the Blue Diamond level

is a rumor ? 🤔

Forum users have posted links to publishings on MSC websites.. the new T&C look legit.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

Do you think the Blue Diamond level

is a rumor ? 🤔

Forum users have posted links to publishings on MSC websites.. the new T&C look legit.

Certainly not a rumor, but not especially good change either.  Not a lot of new benefits, particularly for YC cruisers, but there are some takeaways, which is no good.

The GF does a fair amount of onboard spend (she likes to buy purses onboard), so I'm a bit annoyed that they removed that as a way to earn VC points.  Not sure why they'd do that, as it encourages spending, which is obviously in MSC's best interest.  

It's not as if MSC is spending much on these benefits anyway, so why make it tougher to achieve status while simultaneously discouraging spending?  If you look at the perks offered for Diamond or Blue Diamond, these are relatively inexpensive perks, from MSC's perspective.

The only thing that I really like about this is extending the expiration of points from 3 years to 5 years.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Certainly not a rumor, but not especially good change either.  Not a lot of new benefits, particularly for YC cruisers, but there are some takeaways, which is no good.

The GF does a fair amount of onboard spend (she likes to buy purses onboard), so I'm a bit annoyed that they removed that as a way to earn VC points.  Not sure why they'd do that, as it encourages spending, which is obviously in MSC's best interest.  

It's not as if MSC is spending much on these benefits anyway, so why make it tougher to achieve status while simultaneously discouraging spending?  If you look at the perks offered for Diamond or Blue Diamond, these are relatively inexpensive perks, from MSC's perspective.

The only thing that I really like about this is extending the expiration of points from 3 years to 5 years.

Unless I'm behind the curve all thats been published is a pdf from MSC israel domain? Thats otherwise orphaned and has no links pointing to it (checked Screaming frog).

6 minutes ago, Ryan82 said:

What on the Splendida?

We were on Seascape for a 14-night cruise that began 14 September. The FCC in YC told us about the Blue Diamond status beginning at 25K points at that time. I had mentioned it in my Live thread, but I guess many people missed it. My bad -- I should have started a new thread to call it out then.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ryan82 said:

Unless I'm behind the curve all thats been published is a pdf from MSC israel domain? Thats otherwise orphaned and has no links pointing to it (checked Screaming frog).

The domain msccruises.co.il is registered by

MSC CROCIERE SA

12/14 Chemin Rieu

Geneve

Switzerland

phone: +4 1 22738888

fax-no: +4 1 22738787

The website is not orphaned .. it’s the official website of M.S.C. (Israel) Ltd.

Why would someone fabricate VC Term & Conditions , hack the website and bury the document in the database of files ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Best Cat Mom said:

We were on Seascape for a 14-night cruise that began 14 September. The FCC in YC told us about the Blue Diamond status beginning at 25K points at that time. I had mentioned it in my Live thread, but I guess many people missed it. My bad -- I should have started a new thread to call it out then.

Okay, its interesting but not unsurprising that the knowledge is inconsistent across their team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SirWolf said:

MSC CROCIERE SA

12/14 Chemin Rieu

Geneve

Switzerland

The website is not orphaned .. it’s the official website of M.S.C. (Israel) Ltd.

Why would someone fabricate VC Term & Conditions , hack the website and bury the document in the database of files ?

Read what i said. The pdf terms url is an orphaned link not the entire Israel website.......

Edited by Ryan82
Mistype

16 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

MSC CROCIERE SA

12/14 Chemin Rieu

Geneve

Switzerland

If the info was false MSC would have put out a press release by now, I reckon it will be confirmed by the end of this week.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ryan82 said:

Read what i said. The pdf terms url is an orphaned link not the entire Israel website.......

What’s wrong with an orphaned link ?

As you probably know it’s common practice to upload webpages and files that are not linked yet while in development.

The change of VC levels will be effective 07. November 2024 which leaves enough time to upload the PDF to every MSC country specific website and link the file to the VC main page.

Do we have any CC member(s) who can confirm or disprove the changes to MSC Voyagers Club and the addition of Blue Diamond level ?

Anyone with contacts to MSC directly or to reliable sources ?

Thank you for helping to keep this thread on track and provide information for MSC passengers.

3 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

Do we have any CC member(s) who can confirm or disprove the changes to MSC Voyagers Club and the addition of Blue Diamond level ?

Anyone with contacts to MSC directly or to reliable sources ?

Thank you for helping to keep this thread on track and provide information for MSC passengers.

Just off Presioza and YC director Pepe told me about the new level Blue Diamond coming out. Also future cruise manager said the same thing when I was booking a other cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Just off Presioza and YC director Pepe told me about the new level Blue Diamond coming out. Also future cruise manager said the same thing when I was booking a other cruise.

Thank you very much.

.. that’s first hand information from MSC staff 👍🏻

Prior to the Blue Diamond on-board charges revisions, DW and I each would register a different credit card for on-board expenses.  That way, she would earn points for her charges and me for my charges.  Somehow her point totals were always a lot greater than mine.  Guess there is no reason to do this any longer.  I'm not sure MSC has thoroughly analyzed this new level thoroughly. 

• Like 1

Some people have reported seeing the change on their online account to Blue Diamond. Mine does not, but mine does not, but I always have problems.

I agree, no real benefits for people cruising Yacht Club to reach Blue Diamond but does make looking at AUREA now that we have reached it appealing. I was watching a video today on an aurea Grand cabin I was surprised at the perks Aurea has, and the cabin was very big at 2k less than YC. That included drink package and obc. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LostAtSeaForever said:

Some people have reported seeing the change on their online account to Blue Diamond.

This prompted me to check our VC status. Mine shows well over 25K points but lists me "Welcome Member" and the graphic makes it look like I only have a point or two:

image.thumb.png.9b3113c5d7d343fc6e18114891ca84d4.png

My spouse's VC balance is also not correctly displayed. Me thinks they are making changes right now.

They are doing something as that looked totally different this morning when I was checking our excursions.

PS: I did a screen shot of all my info, including the points details, in case my status remains at "Welcome."

Edited by Best Cat Mom
  • Like 1

I think they might just be making some preparatory code changes in the background to get ready for 7 November and we are seeing some anomalies as they do it, like that orphaned page that someone found from the Israel country site. (IT organizations without a lot of budget might not have a fully mirrored testing environment like a good IT shop would have.)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Best Cat Mom said:

This prompted me to check our VC status. Mine shows well over 25K points but lists me "Welcome Member" and the graphic makes it look like I only have a point or two:

image.thumb.png.9b3113c5d7d343fc6e18114891ca84d4.png

My spouse's VC balance is also not correctly displayed. Me thinks they are making changes right now.

Similar problem with DW and I.  Point total on the left side of the screen shows our correct number of points, around 20K for each of us.  Bar graph on the right side of the screen shows us at 4,300 points.

• Like 1