This is dumb-Sensation/Fantasy switch

cloudydrms

I would assume that the entertainers/CD would remain on the ship even though the ship switches itineraries, right? Dumb question, I know, but I started thinking about it and wondered.

AND...the switch is taking place with the 4/6 sailing - is that correct?

Cindy

I would assume that the entertainers/CD would remain on the ship even though the ship switches itineraries, right? Dumb question, I know, but I started thinking about it and wondered.

I am wondering how they will accomplish this switch also. Since, the Fantasy does not do a five day trip....what will they do about shows? and events on board?

If the ship is only prepared to entertain for three or four days, how will the prepare? Certainly they will not switch crews....

JB

...If the ship is only prepared to entertain for three or four days, how will the prepare? Certainly they will not switch crews....

JB

I guess not. But then again they'll have to work up another show for the 5th night. Maybe they will switch entertainers???

Cindy

Have to admit, I thought this post was a bad April Fools Day joke until I checked the Carnival webpage for my reservation. Wow!

Just curious as well as to how the crews/entertainers/scenery&props will be handled with the switch.

I would imagine there is always some sort of backup. The entertainers always switch ships, so I'm sure they all know at least one different act in common. Or, they could have something like "sensation idol" or something where the audience plays a big part...

My guess would be bring the travelling entertainer that was supposed to do the Sensation onto the Fantasy.

Every cruise has 3 things the same: the Guest Talent Show and the 2 Vegas-style shows (Nightclub Express is one and Broadway Fantasy is the other on the Fantasy, not sure about Sensation) The Welcome Aboard Show is done on the same night as one of the Vegas-Style ones

The 4-night cruises can put the Welcome Aboard Show on its own night to take care of the extra day

Sooooooo for the 5th day, they could just bring in a rotating entertainer.

... and a good guess that would be - as my FANTASY cruise on 10/26 now shows up as the SENSATION on the CCL website...

Tom

Was the Fantasy cruise a 3 or 4 day one to the Bahamas?

I was thinking that the propulsion problem is not going to be fixed soon, and as a reult they swapped ships so that the run to Grand Turk can be made. Those distances in the Bahamas are very doable at a slower cruisng speed but GT is about 650 miles east of MIA which makes a long run at 10 knots.

Was the Fantasy cruise a 3 or 4 day one to the Bahamas?

That's a (Quickie) 3-day. To Nassau only.

I gotta say that if I were booked on the Fantasy, and now were switched to the Sensation, I'd be a bit PO'ed now if the conditions what I read were true.

True... but in 6 months, hopefully they will have most of those kinks worked out. PLUS there is the benefit of totally new suites on the Sensation - so we have that going for us...:D

Tom

I agree with Mr. Pete. Not for the cruises in 6 months but the ones that are coming up this week. If I were in that position, I'd try to get my cruise changed. I cannot imagine that Carnival would put people in this position, but apparently, they are.

I am booked on the Fantasy in August.

While I am sure most of the problems will be worked out by then, I am still very worried about our trip.

One of the reason we booked on the Fantasy instead of the Sensation was because we did not want to travel with a new crew who is not familiar with the ship and the problem associated with incomplete work from the refurbishment.

So much for that...

Do anyone know if Carnival will offer those of us on the Fantasy(Sensation) upgrades or credit for this switch?

for the middle of November and it has been changed to the Fantasy. It's just hard for me to believe that they cannot fix propellar or any other problems by November!! I was looking forward to that newly remodeled Cat12!

for the middle of November and it has been changed to the Fantasy. It's just hard for me to believe that they cannot fix propellar or any other problems by November!!

Are you saying you received notive from Carnival that Fantasy is going to be moved to NOLA????

I was considering Sensation over the Christmas Holidays. Like you was looking forward to the newly refurbished ship. I expected this change to be a couple of months, not permanent.

I just looked at the Dec. 25 departure from NOLA and sure enought it says..."Fantasy."

I wonder when Fantasy is going to be refurbished....

and why a PERMANENT change....

and nothing in the "News" on the Carnival web page....

I agree with Mr. Pete. Not for the cruises in 6 months but the ones that are coming up this week. If I were in that position, I'd try to get my cruise changed. I cannot imagine that Carnival would put people in this position, but apparently, they are.

Ummm.. I'm at a loss here. Why is this such an issue? The itineraries are the same, the ships are IDENTICAL, the only thing that changed is the Sensation is now doing the 3 and 4 day cruise and the Fantasy is doing the 4 and 5 day.

Sorry, cruise lines can do this. They all have the right to change an itinerary or switch out a ship with no notice. It's in their Terms & Conditions (which almost none of us read.. in that little fine print in the ticket packets we get LOL!).

The ships are the same layout, and the itineraries are being maintained. All that's changed are the ship names. It's like you rented a blue mid-sized car and when you got there all they had was a red one. It's still a mid-sized car, it's still the same cost to rent it, it's just not blue. Does it really matter?

As far as the entertainment, I'd hope that they (the entertainers) would be professional enough to be able to adjust their acts for the new cruises. That'd be pretty darn silly (and not to mention a cluster) to switch out the crew members for what might be a week or two worth of change. As to the booked entertainers, I don't think their contracts are tied into how long a cruise is, just how many sets they are to do.

long as i can go on my cruise. Since it's my first one, I will have nothing to compare it to anyway. I just thought since I 'm splurging on a Cat 12 it would be cool to have a newly refurbished one, but really it doesnt matter as long they don't cancel my trip altogether!

Ummm.. I'm at a loss here. Why is this such an issue? The itineraries are the same, the ships are IDENTICAL, the only thing that changed is the Sensation is now doing the 3 and 4 day cruise and the Fantasy is doing the 4 and 5 day.

Sorry, cruise lines can do this. They all have the right to change an itinerary or switch out a ship with no notice. It's in their Terms & Conditions (which almost none of us read.. in that little fine print in the ticket packets we get LOL!).

The ships are the same layout, and the itineraries are being maintained. All that's changed are the ship names. It's like you rented a blue mid-sized car and when you got there all they had was a red one. It's still a mid-sized car, it's still the same cost to rent it, it's just not blue. Does it really matter?

As far as the entertainment, I'd hope that they (the entertainers) would be professional enough to be able to adjust their acts for the new cruises. That'd be pretty darn silly (and not to mention a cluster) to switch out the crew members for what might be a week or two worth of change. As to the booked entertainers, I don't think their contracts are tied into how long a cruise is, just how many sets they are to do.

The Sensation is having major problems. I wouldn't care that there was a change in the ship; I would not want to sail on a ship that's having so many major issues.

We had a similar situation with Celebrity. We were originally booked on Millennium for a 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise in February 2006, and we learned a few months before sailing that we would be sailing the same itinerary on Infinity instead. The ships are sisters, so cabin numbers remained unchanged. The reason given was that Infinity was originally scheduled for the longer South American itineraries, and as she was not going in for a drydock until March, the line didn't want to take any chances.

So, those who booked Infinity for South America were now on Millennium for South America. Those who booked Millennium for the Caribbean were now on Infinity for the Caribbean.

I wasn't thrilled about it in the beginning for two reasons. First, I felt as if we were being given an inferior ship. Second, as I am a liner nut, I was looking forward to the RMS Olympic Restaurant on Millennium, as Olympic is among my favorite ships. Yet, I got over both pretty easily. Our ship had no mechanical problems, and I enjoyed the SS United States Restaurant.

I don't know how the entertainment was handled, though.

It is not the same. The Sensation has health and safety concerns. I would not knowinngly book a ship without water or plumming 24 hours a day would you?

Hmmm... an international company REQUIRED by US & international law to maintain specific health requirements for their accomodations NOT abiding those rules and letting people onboard their ship... AFTER going through an extensive US Coast Guard inspection that caused their delay for departure on 3/27/06 and released with full approval BY the inspectors?

Sorry, that's just not likely. If the ship has had that kind of problems, they would be canceling future cruises and getting it into drydock for services.

Archived