Paula Deen cruise

luvdale

When is the cruise with Paula Deen? I just love her shows on the Food Network, and I am really looking forward to the reviews of the cruise with her.

We are already booked on a Carnival Glory cruise or I would of loved to of sailed with her. Thanks

When is the cruise with Paula Deen? I just love her shows on the Food Network, and I am really looking forward to the reviews of the cruise with her.

We are already booked on a Carnival Glory cruise or I would of loved to of sailed with her. Thanks

Paula Dean is going on an X cruise? I watch her all the time

and have not heard of this......did the Food Network advertise

it?

She is a hoot....how do you make a recipie better? Add lots

of BUTTER:D ;)

I can't wait to read reviews of her cruise. I love her show, my mother and I watch her every Saturday and Sunday. I am at work during the week. I have all of her cookbooks and recently subscribed to her magazine and I just can't wait to get it in the mail. In case you are interested, look on the Lady and Sons website and you can subscribe. It is $19.98 for 6 months, it comes out every 2 months. My mother has tried alot of her recipes and they are so good, especially the sour cream muffins. All it has in it is SELF RISING FLOUR, SOUR CREAM, AND OF COURSE --MELTED BUTTER, they are so good. We only make a half a reciepe for just the 2 of us. Can't wait for the reviews on her cruise!!! Thanks

I always love Paula. She is so downhome and pratically everything she makes has "buttah", mayonaise, sour cream. Boy I would have wanted to be on her cruise. It sure was not mentioned ahead of time or was it. Never heard a thing until this board. I also hope that someone will do a review on that cruise.

Marilyn

WOW:D I had no inkling about this Paula Deen cruise!

And those biscuits sound awesome..maybe I will make a batch

for my office!

hdawson, buttah?:D :) and her sons are cutie pies too!!!

Aaaahhh! Don't tell my son (10), he'll never forgive me that we aren't on this cruise! That child would rather watch Food Network then anything else. His favorites are Iron Chef, Alton Brown, Paula, and Rachel Ray! He made me attempt Turducken for Christmas Eve dinner because of Paula as well as an appetizer and 2 new cookie recipes from her, and a torta from Rachel. Lucky for me I found the Turducken pre-made so all I had to do was cook it - there's no way I could have done it otherwise. :p

The first time I saw her was a few years ago on Oprah...a show on Successful Woman. A person in the audience asked her if she ever uses cookbooks, other than her own, when she cooks. She said, "I didn't get to be this plump, just from looking at the pictures"! I laughed out loud...

Karyn

Two months ago I had never heard of Paula Deen. I was in Savannah for work, and one of the women I was with mentioned a restaurant she really wanted to try, so I agreed to go with her. Turns out it was Paula Deen's Lady and Sons. We couldn't get in for lunch, but they told us to come back at 3:30 to get on the dinner list. We did, and got a time of 5:00. After another hour or so of antique shopping we went back and stood in line for our 5:00 call. I couldn't believe the mobs of people outside the restaurant. They opened promptly at 5:00, and we went when our name was called.

It all seemed very silly (to me) to make such a huge effort, but it was important to my coworker, so I just plodded along and kept my reservations to myself as I had no other ideas anyway. Turns out it was a fantastic meal. There was a large buffet, so you could try a bit of everything. The collard greens were by far the best I've ever eaten.

If you're in Savannah, definitely give it a try. Just make sure you show up at the right time to get on the list, or you'll stand in line for hours.

Forgive me for my failing memory (it's late and I'm beyond tired) but someone here on the boards said her son called on Sunday while boarding Millie and Paula and her crew were boarding, too (can't remember who it was that mentioned this). :) Talk about gaining weight on a cruise.....if Paula were cooking I'd need to be walking ten miles a day.

...that Paula was doing a cruise thing!! Being a cruise person, I would have loved joining in on her cruise. Well Paula, I guess you'll just have to do another one!!! This time let us all know about it!! ~~B~~

• 2 weeks later...

I would think she would have something of a snip it on her tv show in the future. She has had her wedding, her brothers's restaurant and more on her show. Did you see her bio on Chefology? She is remarkable. She is an inspiration to many. I tried her krispy Kreme bread pudding. It was rich and dee-lish.

Archived