Magica - Christmas 06 ?

Taf

What happened? Was it something said or unsaid? This board went from busy to nothing in no time flat. Let's try to keep up the banter because it seems to bring the cruise that much closer. On a brighter note, I hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of summer. If anyone finds out anymore info about the ship or ports let's hear about it.

Lew - Digital divide my good friend!

costa cruises carib in winter, europe in summer. many more americans have computers and use the internet and are more 'savy' than persons in europe (no offence to any europeans, just statistics :) ) thus the board goes dry...eh could be worse, could have one post per minute like carnival board. yikes! try to keep up!

Hi Guys!

Thanks for posting again on this thread - I was going to write something today anyway, to move it back to the top of the board and see if anyone else has booked for this cruise lately.

I´m thinking of taking the Costa Marina from Triest to the Greek Islands in Spetember, but can`t find anything about the Marina on these boards. Its a much smaller ship, and until this spring was "German speaking" but is now international again. My only concern is that "International" means purely "Italian" with Costa in Europe. I´m worried that my 2 kids will be alone in the kids club with no other English speakers and may get bored. There is a RC cruise too, but they are charging € 700 to Costas € 150 for Children - it`s a big difference.

Anyway, we are soooooo looking forward to the Magica trip at Christmas! See you there!:D

My family of four is now joining - we have a girl 11 boy 17. Just got back from the Liberty Grand Med and CANNOT wait to be off again!!!:)

We have been on the valor and liberty during this time.. I have a 16 yr old son.. is this ship geared for teens??

Hi PT Cruiser!

We are on the 2006 cruise. Our party consists of me, my husband, kids - girl 13 & boy 10, my mom & dad and my mother in law. We were all on the Atlantica last year and had such a great time, but missed the company of fellow English speakers, so we are hoping to meet loads of other American/Canadians/English and other English speakers by sailing from FL this time. I`ll contact the cruise director before we go and try to arrange a set place to "meet and greet" - there are quite a few of us signed up for this cruise now - see you there;)

Taf

Welcome Elena - I do not know how the ship is for teens - I think it always depends on who is on board the ship anyway - whether they have others to hang out with. All I kbbnow is that absolutely ALL quad rooms are gone so there must be a lot of families travelling.

I will post my review here for the Magica Cruisers who want to know more information. I really had a lot of fun and really enjoyed the arts and crafts activities onboard. We got to paint T-Shirts one day and paint clay pottery another day. One night when they had the Tastes of the different countries, they had the lady crewmates making really cool glitter masks.

Also, on the Magica, their Olive Oil is da BOMB. so delish. I wish I knew the name of that olive oil!!!!

Here is my review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=16606

Welcome Elena - I do not know how the ship is for teens - I think it always depends on who is on board the ship anyway - whether they have others to hang out with. All I kbbnow is that absolutely ALL quad rooms are gone so there must be a lot of families travelling.

OKAY we are still a bit undecided we are playing eenie meenie.. between this ship and the carnival Liberty. We took the Liberty the same time last year. It is a 6 day cruise.. pretty identical layout to this ship but we like that it has a teen disco and a outdoor movie screen..

Such big decisions... I'll let you know when we decide..

Hi PT Cruiser!

We are on the 2006 cruise. Our party consists of me, my husband, kids - girl 13 & boy 10, my mom & dad and my mother in law. We were all on the Atlantica last year and had such a great time, but missed the company of fellow English speakers, so we are hoping to meet loads of other American/Canadians/English and other English speakers by sailing from FL this time. I`ll contact the cruise director before we go and try to arrange a set place to "meet and greet" - there are quite a few of us signed up for this cruise now - see you there;)

Taf

Where did the Atlantica deprt from? We are thinking of the Concordia from Civitavechia next June. We sailed on the Atlantica a couple of years ago and I seem to remember a LOT of Americans on board. Glad the kids will be able to talk to others!!!

Hi PT Cruisers!

We were on the Atlantica sailing from La Romana in Dom Rep. The vast majority were French and Italian, then verious other nationalities down to about 7 English (my party of 7!!!) about 10 Germans, and about 20 Canadians we found out about of the last night. If the Costa ships sail from a US port, the majority of the passengers are American, but our Atlantica trip was not even available for sale to the US market. They marketed it purely to Europeans with stay overs in the Dom Rep.

My kids are bi-lingual, so I thought they would be OK with other English or German kids, but there werèn`t any more of either!! :o Ha, Ha.

The Europeans are generally more reserved and less "up for a laugh", so there was no Toga night, no talent show etc..... shame!

We loved the Costa experience - food, cabins, service & staff etc, that`s why we are returning and hoping to meet more people to chat to on the Magica.

Hey kchesneylover - thanks for the great review! I can`t wait to try that Olive oil.....Drizzled over a chunk of bread, mmmmh!!!

Taf

Hey - it's hard to get excited when no one is posting???? Boy - I just read some reviews of the Concordia on the poor side! Hey, I always believe a cruise is what you make it and personally we are going to make it FUN!!! My daughter & I can't wait to snorkle.

I`m very excited!!! Can´t wait - roll on Dec:D .

We are booked for 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale before the cruise, and are going to Key Largo for a week after. I keep checking out what we can do in FL - maybe the Everglades? The kids would like a airboat ride and maybe bump into a few Aligators!!!

The port looks great in Grand Turk - lovely beaches & pool at Margaritaville. It`s one of the places I´ve always wanted to visit.

Only 147 or so sleeps.......

I`m very excited!!! Can´t wait - roll on Dec:D .

We are booked for 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale before the cruise, and are going to Key Largo for a week after. I keep checking out what we can do in FL - maybe the Everglades? The kids would like a airboat ride and maybe bump into a few Aligators!!!

The port looks great in Grand Turk - lovely beaches & pool at Margaritaville. It`s one of the places I´ve always wanted to visit.

Only 147 or so sleeps.......

Hey pretty funny - We have a couple of gators in the lake in our back yard!!! I'm never that excited to se them - one is about 12ft. Where are you guys from?

Aligators in the back yard!!!!!Argh !!!!:eek:

We are English, origionally from the midlands (near Birmingham), but live in Salzburg, Austria. Where are you guys from? I guess not Alaska if the gators are anything to go by!!:p

It`s the same for us, only in reverse. We love sailing the Caribbean, but have to add on pricey air faires over the holidays x 4 people, and of course it`s not worth travelling so far for one 1 week so add another weeks stay & board. Shame :D !!! The money soon adds up, but I love cruising and think it`s a great way to see serveral places in one go.

The Concordia looks fabulous - I´m sure you would have a great time. There are quite a few people posting about her on these boards, so there should be some reviews in soon. Out of Rome is also wonderful, I think it`s a lovely Iteinery.

Ptcruisers, have a look at some of the pics of concordia before you decide ,they've put me off but I've already booked!!!!

Does anyone on this thread have any experience of aft cabins on magica deck 8??? it's the same layout as concordia . I'm concerned about having booked a cabin which gives me Lido positano above me. is it going to be noisy??? (I go to bed early)

Any info much appreciated.

daff

San Juan - late afternnoon/evening - wander around the old town? I would like to do the speciall illuminated night snorkel, but it may be too tight with the time frame.

St. Thomas - we plan on either Godfrey Island tour & beach, or maybe going over to St Johns on the Ferry. St. Johns sounds spectacular.

Dom Rep - not sure yet. If there is a tender over to Catalina Island we will definately do that. We were there before and it was paradise. Sorry I haven`t been able to post any photos ...:o . It seems a little unsure, some Itinery plans say Catalina and some say Casa de Campo - I don`t know what we will do in Casa de Campo -maybe an AI resort day pass?

They have one of the top Golf Courses in the World there - but we are having a NO GOLF policy on this trip!!

Grand Turk - I`m really looking forward to this one. Margarittaville, beach, pool - maybe the hop on hop off bus tour of the Island. The photos on the website look fanatastic - I wish we could stay 2 days here!!!

On the sea days I´m planning on raiding the ships library and crashing out on deck - bliss:p

It´s getting closer...... roll on December! My only problem is what Santa will bring the kids this year - we`ve done the gameboy, MP3 player, Mobile Phone thing on our previous trips, must be something small and packable...:rolleyes: Any ideas - girl 13 and boy 10????

Same for me on sea days.

Ditto the Santa - no ideas here - girl 10 boy 16. Keep me posted if you come up with anything. Actually my daughter is on to him now anyway so we can probably have a celebration when we get home but .... I would like to bring something.

I doidn't know about the illuminated snorkel. I wonder how well you can really see. I would like to snorkel everywhere depending on the water temp. :) :) :)

• 3 weeks later...

The Caribbean season is coming round again, so there may be a few more Christmas sailors out there??????

"Moving on up, la la la la" (good job no- one can actually hear me singing that song):o

Archived