Magica - Christmas 06 ?

Taf

No Katie turned 12 this year. She gets on well with her cousin who is 10. She gets on better with younger rather than older - I suppose because she has always mixed with younger children.

Will have a think about the cave tubing. Do you want one more or at least one more?

At least one more - you know what they say - the more the merrier and also cheaper!:)

I managed to book the drinks package direct with Costa. In the UK it costs £47.49 (!!!) and includes drinks with meals only. She did say the restaurant and the buffet (not the paying restaurants) but I think she is wrong about the buffet. It includes beer, wine and soft drinks. Not in the brochure but apparently in the staff handbook. So thanks Taf.

Just wondering how you booked the drinks package, I'm in the US. Did you call Costa or do it through the internet? I went on the Mediteranea in April 2006 and bought a "boys and girls card" where you tear off a coupon from a book everytime you ordered a non-alcoholic drink. It was good because we good even order their virgin blended drinks. I hope the Magica has a similar thing, I forgot how much it was.

I couldn't find anything in the brochure so I just rang up the UK office and asked about it. The girl at Costa knew exactly what I was talking about, paid by credit card over the phone and she is sending me my confirmation through the post. Maybe it is something they don't want to advertise too much? Don't know.

Try e-mailing or phoning Costa in the US and see what they say? If it is 70 Euros then you can roughly work out what they would charge you in dollars. Can't use the cards in any of the bars though, only certain restaurants. I would be interested to see what information they give you as my husband does not like going to the restaurant for lunch, prefers the buffet, the girl at Costa said you could use it at the buffet but I don't know how this would work. I would imagine this is not correct because you could just go into the buffet and get a drink and then take it out on deck??

They still do the drinks card because I asked if they did a soda card (unlimited fountain drinks like all the other cruise lines do) and she said no but mentioned the book of coupons you can buy. I think the details for this are on the Costa website.

PTCruisers, no wonder I am getting confused. Just tried to find out who mentioned the Belize cave tubing excursion on the 17th thread and couldn't find it - because it is on here!! Posted you a reply about a company I found today who offer it for $35 per adult and $20 per child.

Taf - hope you had a good cruise in the Med. I have fond memories of the Splendour.

PTCruisers, no wonder I am getting confused. Just tried to find out who mentioned the Belize cave tubing excursion on the 17th thread and couldn't find it - because it is on here!! Posted you a reply about a company I found today who offer it for $35 per adult and $20 per child.

Taf - hope you had a good cruise in the Med. I have fond memories of the Splendour.

HOORAY! That is the best price yet - am going there now!

Hi Everyone,

I´m back from my med cruise - had a wonderful time - am an now raring to go for Magica in Dec.

I´m glad you sorted out the drinks packageTracey, it seems Costa has different offers in different countries, but will come through if you ask them about it.

Wish I was on the week before too! I could cruise all year, I think:D

Bye for now

Taf

Don't worry,there is a bunch of us from Toronto sailing on Costa Magica December 23/06 out of Ft. Lauderdale. We all have kids ranging from 12 years to university age (19-24). This our first time with Costa. The past 3 Christmas cruises, we sailed on Carnival. We are hoping this is comparable. Can't wait!! pdz

• 2 weeks later...

We're from Alabama and will be going on the Costa Magica on 12/23/06 from Ft. Lauderdale. I'm really excited since it's been almost 20 years since I was on Costa. The last was the Carla for a 7 day in the Caribbean. I really enjoyed it. Hopefully, we'll meet some of you on board. We haven't received our documents yet, but should be soon now. Best wishes!

Greetings, all! I just found this forum and thought I'd say hello to anyone cruising on the Magica Dec. 23-30. This will be our second cruise and we are so excited! I saw in previous messages the mention of a meet and greet. Terrific idea! Anything new on that? Our party will consist of me, my husband, (mid-40s) our son (age 13), and our good friend, Mike, age 44. Any teenagers who would like a friend to hang out with some? Also, our friend is single, so if there are any single gals out there, come by and meet us! Best wishes to all! :)

My Docs are in too, however my daughters family didn't receive them yet --maybe Monday. Each day brings us closer to sun & fun.

Monarch Sun 8/75

Majesty of the Seas 8/94

Norwegian Dream 4/99

Century 4/00

Galaxy 12/00

Dawn Princess 12/01

Infinity 4/02

Horizon 4/03

Grand Princess 12/03

Constellation 2/05

Constellation 12/05

Caribbean Princess 4/06

Costa Magica 12/06

Oosterdam 2/07

I´m still waiting for mine - they must be on their way.

What about a meet up somewhere? I read that others sailings are meeting up after the lifeboat drill on deck 10 bar.

There are quite a few (lucky, lucky:D ) people doing the week before as back to back cruises, so if we all meet up, they can share their expert knowledge with us all - share us all the inside "know how" tips & tricks for an even better week!

Archived