Need help with Zenith Cabins please

PattiCake

Hello

My husband and I are taking my parents on Zenith to Bermuda this June, we hope to book within the next couple of days.

I know that we want to get rooms with a window, what rooms would be the best? I think the middle of the ship would be best. What is the difference in the Categories? Any other tips?

I went on Zenith a few years ago, but don't remember my room number/category unfortunately.

Thanks.

When in June are you sailing? We are thinking of June as well. I've sailed Zenith twice before. As I'm prone to seasickness we usually try to book lowest deck (Florida) and towards the middle (cat. 6) although this time we are looking at a cabin more forward than usual because of lack of choice.

All outside cabins have a window, although if you book the most forward cabins (Cat 7 I think) they only have portholes. Zenith has no balconies. If you check the Celebrity website you can see the cabins and take a virtual tour of them too. Most cabins, except for the Suites, are the same size, 172 square feet, I believe. Concierge Class is the same size athough you have a small loveseat/couch instead of two chairs and round table and the amenities and perks are more. There are also window cabins on the higher decks with obstructed views (lifeboats) so keep that in mind too.

We found the cabins very comfortable (we are 3) and there is so much closet/drawer space we don't even use it all. The shower is a good size for a regular cruiseship cabin.

If I can answer any other questions please ask.:)

Mid ship is always best especially on a smaller ship as you will get a little more rocking. As for difference in catagories: all outside cabins will be very similar; the big difference is location. We had CC service which was great if it is only about a $100 more; any higher and it is a waste. The nice thing we were on deck 10. Of course the lower decks have less rocking and rolling.

As Brooklyngirl said, there is plenty of storage and closet space. As far as any other suggestions, just go and enjoy. Do be prepared for the cost of alcohol if you drink. We had been on NCL in Sept and they had raised their prices so we weren't too blown away, but Celebrity was even a bit higher. If your parents don't mind late seating I would opt for that. I am not crazy over finishing dinner at 10 or 10:30 but we felt our wait staff at early seating really rushed us so they could get ready for the next group.

The bars and lounges are beautiful and kept in perfect condition. The on board activities like trivia were hit or miss depending on who from the activities group were leading. Some of the staff seemed to prefer doing other activities, some were friendly and fun.

The salad bar at lunch as well as the outside stir and fry are wonderful as are the waffles. We did have breakfast in the dining room one morning; we preferred the buffet. The dining room service was slow; the eggs bene yucky.

All in all you will have a great time, enjoy!!!

We have been on Zenith many times and we were just on Horizon in September last year to Bermuda. The best thing about the cabins on the Zenith is their large size. 172 sq feet beats 132sq feet any day. And all the non-suite cabins are the same size so you don’t have to worry about sacrificing anything by buying a cheaper category - except, of course, for the window. We have been in a porthole window, an obstructed view window and a regular window on different cruises. If you are trying to cut costs - go for the obstructed view cabins. They let in light and are quite acceptable. The porthole rooms were a little tricky to see anything, but these too let in light and are a great improvement on an inside cabin.

We have been in cabins all over the ship - top, middle, far front etc. It is true that you get more motion in the front and far back. The good thing is that for Bermuda, you are really not at sea that much compared to a regular cruise as you spend so much time actually in port. Also, you are picking the right time of year - few chances of hurricanes.

Good Luck and have a great cruise.

Thank you so much for your help. :)

We are sailing out June 3rd. As we booked pretty late, there wasn't too much available. However, we did get two nice rooms, aft, on the Atlantic Deck, Concierge Class.

My husband thought the extras were a nice touch, as we are celebrating my father's retirement.

I'm so excited now. I can't wait, I hope the weather is nice.

Hey Patti we are on the same cruise!:) So you booked CC class? That is great, especially for a celebratory cruise. I'm sure your parents will enjoy all the little extras. In fact, what makes Celebrity nicer than other lines is all those little extra touches that you receive even if you book a regular cabin, like the cold towel upon returning to the ship, the champagne welcome when you embark, the trays with linens on them in the buffet and the offer to carry your tray, the lack of blaring announcements all day long.

Please go check out our roll call thread for the Zenith June 3rd sailing and sign up for the Cruise Critic party. We need more people to qualify for one (we need 25 and I think we have 14 now). I look forward to hopefully meeting you then.

Patti...here is the rollcall thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=288690

We cruised on Zenith the same week last year. We had fabulous weather, the seas were like a mirror and it was not too hot to walk around Bermuda. I'm hoping for the same this year.

BTW, we are a late forties couple with a 6 year old who will be in the childrens program for the most part while at sea. He also loves cruising:D even got a tour of the bridge and met the Captain!

How funny, Brooklyngirl!

BTW, we are from Brooklyn, too.

I will check out the rollcall, and perhaps join the party.

I went on the Zenith three years ago, also the first week of June. The weather there was rough (I got seasick) but the rest of the cruise was perfect. The weather was beautiful, as is Bermuda. I loved the Zenith.

:)

Patti, our family group of 6 is on this cruise too...My DH and I are late forties, with son, 14 and daughter, 11, joining us. We are also traveling with my mother in law and sister in law.

It's our first time to Bermuda and we can't wait. We're on the Caribbean deck.

We did the 14 night out of Jacksonville 2 years ago. We were dead center of the ship in an outside cabin. I believe it was a category 5. It was the following cruise where the CC cabins were introduced.

We are sailing on the Zenith again for 13 nights on the NJ-Tampa repo; again dead center. We could have had the CC cabins for only a small upcharge, but I prefer the lower deck on this ship.

She's a lovely little thing and we are looking forward to the next visit with her. Rumor has it that she is being sold next year. Of course, that rumor surfaces periodically.

Have a wonderful time in Bermuda.

Hi, I just returned from Zenith today...boy, being home is awful:rolleyes:

Just finished laundry and I actually have to work tomorrow!:eek:

Anyway, I had a fantastic cruise:D I was in a cat 5...cabin

5078. Smooth sailing for sure!

Any questions, please ask!

Archived