All Things Carnival Spirit

sea_u_onboard

Did you ever get resolution to your OBC problem?

I called to check on it early this week (they tell you it takes about 2 weeks - I gave them longer) and the agent told me that it's set up for me to receive the balance and they said I am getting a letter - I didn't ask but possibly a future discount.

I was very nice about it when I first called. Told them I would have to have STUPID tattooed on my forehead to purposely leave $435 on the account.

I hope to have the check in the next week or so.

Duvets - very nice.

Also - I got the check Monday for the remaining OBC with a letter of appoligy. I was waiting to see if maybe they were going to extend a little discount next time - would have been nice but not expected. It didn't happen so I went ahead and booked a cruise for next Sept over Labor Day out of Galveston - 5 night on the Ecstacy. I'm taking my son, sister and my niece - sort of a belated birthday gift for both my sister and my niece since they never get to do anything. She has never been to our house in Fort Worth and we've lived here almost 11 years. I'm putting together a girls cruise - a few of my other friends are considering it.

We just got back tonight from an absolutely glorious 12-day trip. We had about two hours of rain in Ketchikan and so-so weather in College Fjord. Otherwise the weather was spectacular, including the two days in Denali. Even Mt. McKinley was out both days.

I'll write a long review in the next few days, as well as work on my photos. I bought an Olympus Digital SLR on board which was a steal. I have about 800 photos of the cruise and the extensions, and my wife may have as many with the smaller digital camera. So this will take time.

BTW, I hate the red, white and blue stuff at dinner.

Do the waiters/waitresses in the dining room sing and dance every evening? They did on the last Carnival cruise we were on. That gets tiresome after about 3 nights. After dinner I just want my dessert and my coffee and to be able to chat with our tablemates.

I don't mean to sound like a grinch, but I really don't enjoy their little half-hearted attempts at fun and frivolity every evening. One or two nights during a 7-day cruise would be plenty for me.

Helabama

Spirit Aug southbound had the wait staff singing 2 nights as JSpirit said then one night the entire wait staff vote for one waiter to sing one song that evening..

Not at all like it used to be where they entertained nightly. They are just too darn busy with serving many more guests than before..

Spirit Aug southbound had the wait staff singing 2 nights as JSpirit said then one night the entire wait staff vote for one waiter to sing one song that evening..

Not at all like it used to be where they entertained nightly. They are just too darn busy with serving many more guests than before..

How could I forget about that waiter who sang one night? Song was a little long, no?

But no dancing.

The last night when they sang their adaptaion of " Leaving on a jet plane ( cruise ship) " was kinda cute. They also did that last year on the Liberty in the Med.

There was always plenty of time for talking .

How could I forget about that waiter who sang one night? Song was a little long, no?

But no dancing.

The last night when they sang their adaptaion of " Leaving on a jet plane ( cruise ship) " was kinda cute. They also did that last year on the Liberty in the Med.

There was always plenty of time for talking .

Dancing hum I do remember my dd and I took our wait staff in hand and made them dance with us that last night. What a photo!!! Too fun=}

Dancing hum I do remember my dd and I took our wait staff in hand and made them dance with us that last night. What a photo!!! Too fun=}

No I meant during the solo song there wasn't any dancing. The first night of a song they did dance, and the last night you two gals must have looked cute up there with the waiters. Why not? They don't see their families for such long periods of time, so why not make them feel like you appreciate them ?

Funny that Carnival stopped the Baked Alaska Parade for safety reasons, but Princess still does it .

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi. We are doing an extended deck balcony, Veranda - mid-ship Northbound Alaska in August. I just learned that the extended decks are recessed and when looking down, one sees the lifeboats instead of water.

Has anyone been in one of these cabins (we are in 7235) and thought it mattered or is the view ok - being recessed and all?

There are no more 9A's and we can't really afford the Cat 11. I thought maybe I should downgrade to a regular balcony - but we like the thought of the bigger one - we do spend a lot of time out there.

Also, we were told Starboard is the best side for going Northbound - any opinions out there? Told we had a better chance to see wildlife while cruising along and could go outside to higher decks to view glaciers.

Thanks for any help.

Also, we were told Starboard is the best side for going Northbound - any opinions out there? Told we had a better chance to see wildlife while cruising along and could go outside to higher decks to view glaciers.

We did an aft port wrap for our northbound and had thought the same way and asked the same question. The answer we received, and believe to be correct, was that overall the port side was slightly superior. You are going to be cruising with land on both sides, except for the run to College Fjord. Also, leaving most of the ports the Sun will be in the west and provide nice in the afternoon as you leave port and see scenery. The biggest advantage will be College Fjord. The ship sails into the fjord and then goes clockwise around the fjord, and the port side gets a better view for a longer time.

My grandson will be on this cruise. My daughter has heard the State of Alaska requires all children under 4 yrs/40 pounds to be in a car seat, be it on a bus, train, car, and so on.

Does any know if the private motorcoaches the cruise ship hires must follow this law or does anyone know if public transportation refuses you to board without a car seat? This is an very heavy item to lug off the ship and onto tours buses, along with diapers, stroller and so on.

Any help on this is appreciated. Now she doesn't want to do much except get off the ship and walk to town. Ugh!

• 3 weeks later...
On deck 4 the laundry room is all the way to the back of the ship across the hall from 4230. I was in the wrap around 4228 and it was great to have it right there.

Hope to see the SB capers soon.

Hey Ahoy love the avatar where did you find it??

We will be in 4228 and our moms in 4230 in January, if you had any pictures it would be so neat to see them..We understand there is an adjoining inside door that connects these two cabins..we will get the balcony partition opened as well..should give us enough deck to stretch out:cool:

My grandson will be on this cruise. My daughter has heard the State of Alaska requires all children under 4 yrs/40 pounds to be in a car seat, be it on a bus, train, car, and so on.

Does any know if the private motorcoaches the cruise ship hires must follow this law or does anyone know if public transportation refuses you to board without a car seat? This is an very heavy item to lug off the ship and onto tours buses, along with diapers, stroller and so on.

Any help on this is appreciated. Now she doesn't want to do much except get off the ship and walk to town. Ugh!

I can't believe you are more so concerned over the amount of extra weight you would have to lug around than you are in the safety of your child..sorry jmho from a grandpa

No I meant during the solo song there wasn't any dancing. The first night of a song they did dance, and the last night you two gals must have looked cute up there with the waiters. Why not? They don't see their families for such long periods of time, so why not make them feel like you appreciate them ?

Funny that Carnival stopped the Baked Alaska Parade for safety reasons, but Princess still does it .

Princess still does the Baked Alaska but the flame is contained inside a small aluminum casing to prevent spillage..the outside is seared by torch prior to the parade.

Do the waiters/waitresses in the dining room sing and dance every evening? They did on the last Carnival cruise we were on. That gets tiresome after about 3 nights. After dinner I just want my dessert and my coffee and to be able to chat with our tablemates.

I don't mean to sound like a grinch, but I really don't enjoy their little half-hearted attempts at fun and frivolity every evening. One or two nights during a 7-day cruise would be plenty for me.

Helabama

The wait staff did sing several nights on our Jan 2009 Mexico cruise..we thought it was a great chance for them to have a little fun, they work 15+ hours 7 days a week with no vacation between contracts, it was nice to see then enjoying themselves, if only for a few minutes..

I realize its alwasy nice to sit with your tablemates after dinner and chat, but I might suggest if you want to chat to extend after dessert you migjht consider going to an area that is open, a bar or if you prefer a quieter area to chat as long as you like, that way the wait staff doesn't have to wait for you before they can either clear the tables for late seating or if you dine late seating, before most of them have to go to another assignment elsewhere. jmho

I read that it will be wireless internet available throughout the entire ship.

I see you will be on the NB Spirit soon. Is it possible to scan & post the page from the Carnival caper each day that lists the events of the day? I think they put it on page 4. Like a rip-out page to carry around with you. We are curious as to what shows they are having. I recently cruised Russia and almost paid to go to a Russian show, but then the ship brought on Russian folkloric dancers. I am wondering if they will do the same in Sitka. If it isn't a problem, we would love to see the caper upon your return. My email is fayegilbert at hot mail. Thanks so much! Have a wonderful cruise. I see you are also on the Norwegian Pearl in Jan - we were on the 3rd cruise of this ship - it is absolutely beautiful...

Archived