All Things Carnival Spirit

sea_u_onboard

:eek: HELP! After we get off the Spirit in Vancouver our flight does not leave until 11:15 at night. Does anyone know if there is a way to check our luggage in to the airport while we sight see? Or is there a place that we can store our luggage until we are ready to go to the airport? :confused:

Does Carnival have a luggage transfer from Whitter to your final destination?:D We are flying Delta and I have heard about this program for other cruiselines. Sounds as though it would be worth the $15.00.
It sounds like you are talking about US Direct - this only applies to ships coming into Vancouver - it's not necessary for ships going into Alaska. Plus Carnival doesn't offered it getting off in Vancouver.

If you are talking about the actual transfer where they take you and your luggage that's around $55 per person (don't know exactly as we are renting a car and doing 4 days pre-cruise.

Then again I could have totally misunderstood your post. Please clarify.

Does anyone have an idea when Carnival will list the 2009 Alaskan cruises? I'm booked for the Splendor in 2008 but want to start planning for 2009 as soon as possible.

Thanks!

About Feb 2008 - they don't booked Alaska as early as most itineraries. This gives you lots of time to research and decide which cabin you want - then you can watch the site and be the first to book the ship like I was. :D

Good luck in your planning.

Anyone know what they have this season in the little bathroom basket?

This is from memory, so forgive me if it's a little off but ... there was a new Bic Soleil (sp?) razor for women and a Bic razor for men. A little body wash, Sample packets of Oil of Olay's regenerist, day and night time (which was GREAT at the end when my nose was so dry!), and some Vitamin C powder packets that you mixed with water. There might have been a little more, but that's what I remember. :)

• 3 weeks later...
My friends who went in May said it was Shawn Bussey.

Hi, djacobson!

We are going on the Spirit July 18th southbound! We live in Louisiana too--right above Hammond!

mtd1:D

:eek: HELP! After we get off the Spirit in Vancouver our flight does not leave until 11:15 at night. Does anyone know if there is a way to check our luggage in to the airport while we sight see? Or is there a place that we can store our luggage until we are ready to go to the airport? :confused:

Hi

I found this luggage storage at the port in Vancouver

Short-term luggage storage is available at Canada Place terminal. CDS Baggage provides storage services. Tel: 604-303-4500. (Hours of operation – 8:00am – 4:00pm on cruise ship days)

I think its about $5 or so a bag... I plan on leaving my luggage there while we visit Vancouver before we leave that night...unfortunately its only until 4pm.

1. Where do you go to get off the Spirit when in port (deck, side)? If needed to get off quickly for a tour, do you need a special pass? (We don't have any excursions/tours thru the ship.)

2. The morning getting off at Vancouver if you carry off everything (all luggage, etc.), which deck and hall do you use to line up to get off?

If the ship docks you can walk right off as soon as they dock..IF its a tender port early excursions get priority...We tendered at Sitka and Ketchikan...It does take awhile but the ship is pretty good at getting people to their excursions...

Kelly, welcome back! I hope you're going to write a review for us!

Were you given a reason for tendering in Ketchikan? I understood the Spirit docks in Ketchikan--was there something different about your sailing that you tendered?

Thanks!

Jayne

We were told because of dock space the Spirit tenders every third time it comes into port.....The tendering there is VERY SLOW!..we did not make it to shore until 2:30 in the afternoon.

What if you have a tour scheduled an hour after arrival and its not scheduled thru Carnival?:eek:

You need to get up early and get one of the first tender stickers..Carnival will try to accomodate you...

They told us that the Spirit tenders every third time in port..the ship tendered on Monday..soo that means she wont tender for the next 2 trips..

:confused: Do you have to wait till each morning to get them or can you get them when you first get on board? Also can I get them for my whole family or does each person have to be personally there to recieve theirs? Do you get them at the pursers desk on the 2nd floor?

Thanks

You can get them for the whole family...and yes its by the pursers office...I cant remember how early they started giving them out but you can ask as soon as you get on the ship..I would also talk to the tour company you are going with..They might wait for you..

Archived