All Things Carnival Spirit

sea_u_onboard

On some Balconies they can remove the partition so you can share with your neighbor..On a recient thread they said on 25% of the balconies per sailing can have the partition opened...

The Capers are a daily or weekly Newsletter that tells you the daily on board activities...

When are you sailing??

Please bare with me these are newbie questions. Haven't cruised in 20 years!

What are the partitions on the balcony that are being talked about?

What are the Capers?

Thank you,

I can answer the Capers question. The Carnival Capers are the daily newsletters each guest receives that tells them about what is happening that day.

On some Balconies they can remove the partition so you can share with your neighbor..On a recient thread they said on 25% of the balconies per sailing can have the partition opened...

The Capers are a daily or weekly Newsletter that tells you the daily on board activities...

When are you sailing??

We are sailing the 2 week of August, haven't purchased the tickets yet...any ideas on where to buy them? I was looking around on line a couple of months ago, got busy with other things and now think I had better get on this. Do you buy on line or through a travel agent?? Thank you,

Something else I noticed....on one of the comments the guarantee was mentioned, it sounded like this was a satisfaction guarantee with the cabin. I can only presume that if you purchased? this guarantee and didn't like your cabin you could change....I'm not sure what it was all about. Any suggestions on what deck to get or cabins? Thank youl

Something else I noticed....on one of the comments the guarantee was mentioned, it sounded like this was a satisfaction guarantee with the cabin. I can only presume that if you purchased? this guarantee and didn't like your cabin you could change....I'm not sure what it was all about. Any suggestions on what deck to get or cabins? Thank youl

StephieJae:

No, it's not a satisfaction guarantee. When you book a guaranty cabin, you let the cruise line assign you a cabin rather than choosing your location. If you book a guaranty, you are guaranteed to have a cabin in that category or above. For example, if you book an inside guarantee, you will get at least inside cabin. You may be upgraded to a higher category inside, an ocean view, a balcony, etc. , but you are guaranteed to have a cabin at a minimum in the category you booked.

Typically a guaranty costs less than a cabin in the same category that you choose. People book a guaranty to either get a lower price or in hopes of an upgrade.

As far as where to choose a cabin--my suggestion is to look at the deck plans and choose one on a deck that has passenger cabins on the decks above and below.

Have a great cruise!

Jayne

:)

What are the Capers?

Thank you,

Since time is of the essence, I would call Carnival Cruise lines directly. They are the experts on their line.

We are on the Spirit to Alaska in category 8I, cabin 8183. Now I'm wondering if this is a good location. Some people seem to be bothered by noise from the Lido. Has anyone had experience with this particular room? Thanks!

We are on the Spirit to Alaska in category 8I, cabin 8183. Now I'm wondering if this is a good location. Some people seem to be bothered by noise from the Lido. Has anyone had experience with this particular room? Thanks!

We haven't been in that particular cabin but were on that deck on our first Alaska cruise. We were under the La Playa Grill and were awakened every morning at about 3:30 (pots banging and such). Where you're located looks like it is under an open deck. You'll probably hear deck chairs being dragged and such. It bothers some people and others hardly notice.

Cheers!

Jayne

:)

We are sailing the 2 week of August, haven't purchased the tickets yet...any ideas on where to buy them? I was looking around on line a couple of months ago, got busy with other things and now think I had better get on this. Do you buy on line or through a travel agent??
Some online agencies can give you extras and give up some of their commission to give a better price (they can't advertise for less than Carnival), same goes for some agencies. The only problem is that if you have problems with your booking you can NOT talk to Carnival directly - you must deal with who you booked through.

I have booked first through an agency - next through an online and since then directly through Carnival. I get military pricing (which is pretty much the best most of the time) so booking through someone online or an agency really doesn't help me. I've never had any issues but there are those who post on here about difficulties dealing with outside agenies (both brick and motar / online) - that would be really easy to handle if they could talk to Carnival directly.

Just wanted to make sure you made an informed decision.

Thank you for all your replies everyone...I'm so nervous about booking this and not picking the room correctly. Not sure if I'm posting this in correct section.... I found out that room 4169 is available on the Spirit...apparently the better pricing are all for obstructed views...with lifeboats from knee height down... it would cost us almost $500 more for an unobstructed view.... is this important on a cruise to Alaska.... will I regret an obstructed view or is it not a big deal? It is a balcony room. Please help me decide. Thank you.

Thank you for all your replies everyone...I'm so nervous about booking this and not picking the room correctly. Not sure if I'm posting this in correct section.... I found out that room 4169 is available on the Spirit...apparently the better pricing are all for obstructed views...with lifeboats from knee height down... it would cost us almost $500 more for an unobstructed view.... is this important on a cruise to Alaska.... will I regret an obstructed view or is it not a big deal? It is a balcony room. Please help me decide. Thank you.
As long as you get the obstucuted past the first 3 boats I don't think you will be disappointed. I had one booked and was very happy with the location (haven't sailed yet). When I booked it saved me $600 to take the obstructed - I figured more money to spend in Alasak. The only reason I changed was because of the price drop. Like I said - just get past those first three (I would go 4) boats and the lifeboats will be at your feet.

If you haven't join my private Spirit group yet you may want to. I have some pictures of the obstructed balcony in there. The link is in my signature.

I spoke with a co-worker who was on the Glacier Bay cruise from May 9- 16. I asked her if Ryan Fitzgerald was the CD and she told me that it was Shawn Bussey.

There have been some posts about whether Shawn was still with Carnival. Those of you who have not sailed on the Spirit yet will like her.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I understand it's the next day. They have something like 24 hours to hold the drill. I can imagine that people are pretty tired - with most flying in and time changes and all. It would be difficult to get people to show up.

What are the Capers?

Thank you,

The privacy dividers between each balcony. If you are next to friends or family and want to "extend" the balcony, you can ask your room steward to have it opened. This gives you more room plus the access instead of using the public hallway to get from one cabin to the other. Hope that helps.

I thought I post for others that the formal nights are the 2nd night and after Skagway. Past guest reception is also after debarking Skagway, boy party after party that night.

The privacy dividers between each balcony. If you are next to friends or family and want to "extend" the balcony, you can ask your room steward to have it opened.
I have read her on cc that the ship limits how many dividers can be opened so if this is something you want you need to go to the pursers office as soon as possible with a person from the other cabin. Some cabin stewards will do it for you but the proper procedure is going to the purser.

Is the muster drill held during the sail away??

We were on the northbound on May 16th. We had muster during sail away.

The southbound may be different since they don't sail until later in the evening.

we booked ours though Carnival....It was easier and they pick up up and take us to the airport..In the long run it was cheaper..I still dont know what time we fly out or what airline..I was told they only use major carriers..We will find out when we get our docs...

We booked the whole thing through Carnival and I found out that we are booked on Alaska Airlines from home to Vancouver and then back from Fairbanks. We connect in Seattle in both directions.

We booked the whole thing through Carnival and I found out that we are booked on Alaska Airlines from home to Vancouver and then back from Fairbanks. We connect in Seattle in both directions.

We too are booked with Alaska Air..We fly from LAX to Anc non stop..Arrive at 12:30 pm .and on the way home we fly non stop from Vancouver to LAX. I called Alaska Air about seating and they were very accomodating.

Archived