Laundry Rooms on Millennium

whciv

My family is crusing on the Millennium ship for the first European cruise of the season. Can anyone tell me if there are laundry rooms on this ship? The laundry service seems so expensive.:)

Bill Cooper

American living in the UK

18th Cruise

We used the laundry service once mid-cruise and washed out a few things in the sink. Not a problem. Given what we spent on the cruise, the price of the laundry (and the joy of having clean, neatly pressed clothes) was a piece of cake.

Hi, Celebrity does not offer any self-serve laundry on any of their

ships.

No self-service laundries fleetwide, here is a link to the laundry prices on board the Celebrity ships.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000i9cxSO1iY_jMBdo0APAFIjn:1051tg5ge?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&pagename=faq_answers

As already posted no laundry rooms on any Celebrity ship. I take only underwear that can be "rinsed out" in the bathroom sink (there is a laundry hanging line in the shower). For polyester blouses I bring a coat hanger to allow for drip drying. Shirts can also be treated this way.

I "wash" when I get back in the cabin at night, pat excess moisture out in a bath towel, hang the wash up and everything is dry by next morning, when I take it down so the shower cleaning can take place.

You can of course use the ships laundry for blouses and shirts, there is a bag in the cabin, your steward will take it and return the clean clothes in about 24-36 hours. I have no idea of cost as I never use this service.

I do carry a small steamer but seldom have had to use it , since I tend to wear "no wrinkle" type clothes.

It is a good idea to look over your "dinner clothes" some weigh very heavy - beaded tops, jackets etc.-many of my dress up clothes are polyester knits which are very light to carry , easy to pack, and come out of the case uncreased.

Have a wonderful cruise

Jimsgirl - great tips! I've started travelling this way as well, although on our Med cruise last Sept, I did send a few things to the laundry and over the course of 12 days, spent approx. $25 on laundry for the two of us. Having a few things laundered beats carting enough clothes for two weeks. And the lightweight formal wear (for women) sure saves on packing space (my formal wear goes into a large ziploc baggie.)

On the longer cruises, they do have a $25 all-you-can-stuff-into-one-laundry-bag-without-tearing-it special, usually on the fourth or fifth day of the cruise. We roll shirts together, and then roll pants and socks, and then nightclothes and are able to stuff a GREAT deal of clothing into one bag ... well worth $25. Everything comes back neatly pressed and folded or hung. Definitely worth the money! It sure beats hauling two weeks worth of clothing! Not sure if they have this special on week long cruises or shorter.

As for formal wear, I finally found some travel knit formal dresses that were quite glitzy and nice and don't wrinkle at all. In fact, you can wad them up and stuff them in a drawer, and then just shake them out ... they are a REAL boon to travel with!

Cheers~

On our last cruise, one of our fellow pax told us about exofficio. They market lightweight clothing for travellers that can be washed out and hung to dry and ready to go again in a couple of hours. Fast drying fabrics are their specialty. The website address is www exofficio dot com

Cheers~

Nicki

Celebrity laundry services are actually reasonable, & very good. The dry cleaning service is cheaper than we can have it done at home. We wait until we get on the ship to have our cruise wear dry cleaned.

Nicki,

How long does the cruise have to be before they offer the $25/ bag special?

Good question re: length of trip for the $25 deal. Not offered on our 12 night Med. cruise last fall and on other threads, most people indicated it was not offered. Only 14 and 16 day cruises??

On the longer cruises, they do have a $25 all-you-can-stuff-into-one-laundry-bag-without-tearing-it special, usually on the fourth or fifth day of the cruise. We roll shirts together, and then roll pants and socks, and then nightclothes and are able to stuff a GREAT deal of clothing into one bag ... well worth $25. Everything comes back neatly pressed and folded or hung. Definitely worth the money! It sure beats hauling two weeks worth of clothing! Not sure if they have this special on week long cruises or shorter.

Cheers~

Haven't seen that deal on Celebrity and we have done several 14 day cruises.

With the advice of fellow Cruise Critics, we packed our formal wear which had not been dry cleaned at home. When we unpacked, we sent it for dry cleaning on the ship and had it returned before we needed it. The cost was much less than we would have paid to dry clean the items at home before cruising and much better because they were not wrinkled from packing when we were ready to wear them.

We also had some items laundered on a recent cruise and we were very pleased with the service. The prices are not all that bad either, and it certainly beats dragging around extra pounds of luggage. I will probably do more of this next time.

Everytime we are on celebrity, I put on our comment sheet, " Put a couple laundry rooms on the ships". Princess has one on every deck on almost every ship. They also offer $15 a bag every so often. Both charge the same for laundry, and I think a Dollar for a pair of socks is not reasonable. We love Celebrity, but not for long cruises. Some day, maybe Celebrity will wise up and have laundry rooms.

Archived