I like having my own cabin!(I feel so guilty)

INCHARGE

Ok, I'm feeling so guilty. I love having a cabin to myself. I know that sounds terrible, but it's true. I like having all that room to myself, being able to walk around wth the clothing attire I was born in! :D On my next cruise, I have a friend that wanted to go with me. I got depressed thinking about having to share my cabin space. I was able to get her a 1-A cabin with porthole windows for a 7 day Eastern on my ship at a great sale price. She is happy, and you KNOW I am estatic. :D Has anyone else loved the complete freedom of having your own cabin?

I agree totally, but I've done it 9 times now. Looking for someone to share a cabin while wearing that same attire. :D

I've had a couple of situations cruising with groups of friends where the issue came up. I just explain that I'm not willing to have less freedom in that tiny personal space on vacation than I do in my home.

I agree totally, but I've done it 9 times now. Looking for someone to share a cabin while wearing that same attire. :D

I've had a couple of situations cruising with groups of friends where the issue came up. I just explain that I'm not willing to have less freedom in that tiny personal space on vacation than I do in my home.

Where else can you wear your "attire" with the curtains open and lights on all night?? It is so freeing, with robe for sitting, naturally.The only thing is to remember to close the curtains before going to sleep on port days! :eek: No need in surprises, you know? ;)

Since am in OV cabins on deck 2, I don't want to shock anyone getting off my ship, or on other ships across from me.:D

Where else can you wear your "attire" with the curtains open and lights on all night?? It is so freeing, with robe for sitting, naturally.The only thing is to remember to close the curtains before going to sleep on port days! :eek: No need in surprises, you know? ;)

Since am in OV cabins on deck 2, I don't want to shock anyone getting off my ship, or on other ships across from me.:D

You must have missed my posting on the "funny thing happened" thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=340357

:D

You mean there is another way to having a cabin all by yourself? :) - Last year the cabin had twin beds so depending on my mood I could decide which of the two beds to sleep in, although one ended up strewn with clothes!

This year, not only have I got my own cabin again (less than 2 days time!?) but have heard I've received a free upgrade to one of the bigger cabins on deck 11. A whole 188 square foot to play in ...

After all you are ON holiday!!

:D Hi, no feeling guilty here.....I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having my

own cabin too:)

And for me...well, I have been on my own here for 20 years so

being in that cabin alone is no biggie..and I TOTALLY agree with you...

When I get out of the shower and towel off....yep, I want to be

able to walk around too;) without concerning myself with

someone else.

I did live with someone back in the mid 90s...wow, that was a long

time ago LOL

Prior to that I was married back in the mid 80s:eek:

But no guilt about having my own cabin!:)

Single Cruiser..Have a wonderful cruise! I sure wish I were leaving now, lucky you!

Lois R..I have a live-in, and he does not like to cruise. I think this is why I am so looking forward to a cabin of my own. He's a sweetie, but 270 lbs. takes up a lot of room. It will be wonderful to roll every which way I want. :D

greyblueseas...If I were on a balcony, it would take every ounce of strength not to go out there in my "special clothes." I don't think it would be too cool for me with people on the balconies above and below to see that. :eek:

greyblueseas...If I were on a balcony, it would take every ounce of strength not to go out there in my "special clothes." I don't think it would be too cool for me with people on the balconies above and below to see that. :eek:

Well, in the middle of the ocean, you might get away with it unobserved! lol :D

Has anyone else loved the complete freedom of having your own cabin?

Of course. It is always nicer to have your own digs. But, sometimes ... I will sacrifice the privacy if it means being able to afford a longer, more exotic cruise. Sometimes these longer itineraries can get very, very expensive ... even if the single supplement is reasonable. But, what I won't do is participate in a guaranteed share program sponsored by the cruise line. That is too much of a risk, as far as I'm concerned. You could easily wind up with someone who is totally incompatible ... and that would make for a very miserable existence ... especially on a long cruise. So, I try to hook up with people I've cruised with before, but not as cabinmates, or someone perhaps who I've met and corresponded with on these boards.

When I did my 30-day cruise on the Amsterdam earlier this year, there were several people onboard who had done the "guaranteed share" program of HAL's. To a person, not one of them that I talked to was happy. None of them had "bad" roommates ... they just had incompatible ones ... i.e., one person is a light sleeper and likes to retire early, while the cabinmate is a late night person who comes back to the cabin at 1:00 a.m. and turns on all the lights so that they can prepare for bed. HAL offers no opportunity to meet (at least virtually) your roommate in advance and correspond with them. Thus, you are paired up based solely on gender, and then it's up to you to make it work. In the case of our cruise, the ship was totally sold out, so there was not even an opportunity for someone who was particularly unhappy with their roommate to switch over to their own cabin. Thirty days is a long time to deal with someone you are not getting along with. :(

So certainly I see nothing wrong at all with you loving to have your own cabin. That is very understandable. I'm the same way. But, at least in my case, sometimes compromises are necessary in order to get to do the more expensive itineraries. And, sometimes those compromises work out that you have a far better time sharing the cabin than you would have had being on your own. You just have to be really, really careful in selecting the share mate. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Not only no guilt, but would rather not share anymore. I've even got to Junior Suites currently booked - all for me only! I might be nice and share those, but at this point I'm leaning towards not!

http://members.cox.net/wennfred2/index

This is why I'm leaning toward the non-guilty side. This link shows how my cabin looks. Pretty nice, huh? If you make it large, it shows the 2 windows. This is a 1-A on the Valor, and the single suppliment was very inexpensive, with the sales that I kept up with. However, it is in Sept., so we are chancing where we go. At this point, I don't really care, because I have been to all of the Eastern, Western, and Southern ports that I was interested in going to, so It doesn't matter! :D Just get me on a ship. :)

Sorry, I don't know why anyone would feel guilty having their own cabin. The first time I ever cruised, I was assigned a roommate for a 10 day cruise to Greece and Turkey. It was okay...but after that, I vowed, my own cabin from here on in! I live alone...and love, love, love the freedom of it.

So on my second two cruises, Holland America's Amsterdam to Alaska, and Seabourn's Legend to the Caribbean, I had my own cabin and loved every minute of it!

Don't feel guilty, no reason to.

Jane :)

I don't feel guilty. I had my first cabin alone when there was a group of us cruising - and guess what - they decided that I was the odd ball. To tell you the truth it spoiled me - so now whenever we cruise as a group I still make sure I have my own cabin. I just wish I could find some better single supplements. I always pay for 2 people at the pp/rate with one port charge. Maybe I am doing something wrong when I book??:confused: Or is it just Carnival?

Last week on the Triumph I shared with my DD and believe me - now I know I am spoiled. I wanted that cabin to myself. ;)

So don't feel guilty - just enjoy! As for me - I must have the balcony and FYI - you get a robe in all of the balcony cabins - I wonder why:rolleyes:

The reason I was feeling so guilty when I first posted was because I felt bad having my friend pay for a cabin at the single rate, so I told her we could share a cabin. After I found that sale, I felt so much better, since the price was so cheap for her. I found out that she is also looking forward to having her cabin to herself also. :)

I have to admit that I prefer a cabin to myself...and those A1's on Carnival with the portholes are the best way to go. Too bad not all ships have that option.

Have cruised over 10 times now..single, double, triple and quadruple.....and I prefer single......it isn't that the other person isn't nice...but we all have our ways and our expectations. My last cruise was with a woman I've known for 4 years....we met on a cruise and email constantly. She was part of the triple a few years ago. Well...this time....she thought I was going to be her companion and do everything she wanted to do. She lives alone and was looking forward to my company and the chatting, etc. Well...it was too much for me.....I never signed on to be her companion....and so she had a few things to say to me about my lack of companionship. I still like her.....but now will only book as a single.

I think it's great to cruise with someone...but in separate cabins. Just like anything else...it takes a few times to figure out what is 'perfect' LOL

I also like coming out of that tiny bathroom and just towel and air drying....:p without worrying about the other person.

Has anyone else loved the complete freedom of having your own cabin?

Yep ......... I completely agree :) !!!!! You should not feel guilty at all besides we are paying for being in there solo anyway!!!! I always cruise by myself, its the only way to go !!!!

I totally agree with all of you solo cruisers ! In fact other singles are probably envious of us that we can afford to pay the single supplement. I am friendly and social all day but like being able to spend a little "alone" time in the cabin.

i dont think anyone could stand to share a cabin with me :D . i have lived alone for 18yrs and im so set in my ways i am beyond help :o . i shared a cabin once with a friend on a cruise and she about went crazy with my ''cemented habits''. i cant imagine having too share a cabin again.

it is solo for me from now on

signed up for my first solo cruise in December of this year, should be interesting. I am looking forward to it soooo much. I cannot wait, i'll have to reply to this thread after that! :D

signed up for my first solo cruise in December of this year, should be interesting. I am looking forward to it soooo much. I cannot wait, i'll have to reply to this thread after that! :D

dont worry, you will have a great time going solo on the cruise. the other passengers kind of take you in if you want or you can be left alone and do your own thing. i love it and cant see trying to shop in the ports with anyone who is not a ''all out browser like i am ''' :D .

have a great time.

I have traveled as a solo for almost 25 years. And I love it! I especially love cruising alone. Sure, it's expensive, but I'm worth it. I always book a balcony and truly enjoy the pleasure of sitting there and watching the sea, not having to listen to chatter, sunning the bod if I want. I am a social person and have no problem meeting people. I sleep when I want, eat when I want, nap, go ashore or not, read, people-watch.

That being said, once a year I take my grandson (15 this year) on a cruise and we share a cabin. He is a great companion and mostly I never see him anyway. He and I sailed the Miracle in January and are going on the Fascination in August. He has been cruising since he was 8 so is a very good traveler.

There are only a very few people I would even consider traveling with; my son (he is an adventurer), my daughter, my grandson and an old friend who has been a friend for 30 years.

So, go without guilt and enjoy the experience. You will love the freedom.

i too love having cabin to mrself. and as someone who books insides, i don't have to worry about wibdows, i can just sit around al'natural.

sailing (solo of course) on the volendam dec 3.

please excuse typos, i just had hand surgery and am typing with one finger

Archived