Driving to New York... which pier?

daremi

Does anyone know the name of the pier that Carnival Legend leaves from? We're driving in from Ohio and we don't know a thing about New York except chaos................. Where to park, can we even park at the pier,how much it's going to cost, is it better to park at the airport and catch the shuttle, or what? Please any experienced NY cruisers give me a line or two. THANKS!!

Does anyone know the name of the pier that Carnival Legend leaves from? We're driving in from Ohio and we don't know a thing about New York except chaos................. Where to park, can we even park at the pier,how much it's going to cost, is it better to park at the airport and catch the shuttle, or what? Please any experienced NY cruisers give me a line or two. THANKS!!

There is parking right at the pier, which is called the New York City Passenger Ship Terminal. It is at West 12th Street between 54th and 59th Street. It's right off the Henry Hudson Parkway. I believe it is something like $24 per night. It is a locked lot with security.

Here is a link to the website. http://www.nypst.com/

What ship are you cruising from? We have sailed from NY 3 times and getting ready to #4 in September on the Legend.

Parking at the NY pier is really easy. As you head down the west side highway, you'll see a big sign, Passenger Ship Terminal - it will direct you off to the right (this is around 60th St.) Follow the signs up the ramp for parking. Don't worry too much about exactly which pier your ship is at, all the parking is in easy walking.

If you have lots of luggage and enough time, instead of parking first follow the signs for Passenger drop off and drop off your luggage. Tip about $2/bag.

Then as you pull out, you'll have to circle back north on the west side highway and back around again. Since you can see everything you can't get lost.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest YesitDonna

$24 a day for parking? YIKES!!! i could fly there for less LOL

When we did the NY cruise we took the bus from Boston. It cost us $36 round trip and we actually ended up walking from the bus station to the pier. Yeah we don't pack heavy lol

$24 a day for parking? YIKES!!! i could fly there for less LOL

When we did the NY cruise we took the bus from Boston. It cost us $36 round trip and we actually ended up walking from the bus station to the pier. Yeah we don't pack heavy lol

LIke you, we pack light! We take the subway and walk to the pier. Costs $2.00

$24 sounds like a lot,but this is NYC- You canfind the one entrance to the piers then pull over next to you ship. unload checked luggage then travel to roof and lock your own car,take elevator to second level and get into document check lines. You can look at other parking locations at NYC tourist site click parking and save some not much funds. check the poet or cruise calender to find how many ships will be in that day. Relax easy on easy off..Tom:D

Archived