Playa Uvas

rscima

Artseeker - be glad to check on the jewelry for you. Will report back. We're onboard the Triumph heading for Uvas as I type. Can't wait for my fajitas!!!

About those drinks...we've been there lots and only one time briefly mentioned I couldn't taste the tequila in my margarita. Wow...did they ever knock me out with the next drink! I was begging for more mix. :)

I'm what my husband calls "high maintenance". If I like it there YOU will too! Its a great place to spend the day! Give Uvas a try!!! (And order the fajitas and nachos).

Artseeker - be glad to check on the jewelry for you. Will report back. We're onboard the Triumph heading for Uvas as I type. Can't wait for my fajitas!!!

About those drinks...we've been there lots and only one time briefly mentioned I couldn't taste the tequila in my margarita. Wow...did they ever knock me out with the next drink! I was begging for more mix. :)

I'm what my husband calls "high maintenance". If I like it there YOU will too! Its a great place to spend the day! Give Uvas a try!!! (And order the fajitas and nachos).

I wish i was heading there too!! :D

I have to agree that their fajitas are the best!!! :)

Hi Alex - we're on way back to Cozumel in a week or so for the 16th time so I can answer some of your questions or at least give my opinion.

1. Sand is going to be about the same because, as pointed out, they're next door to one another. However, there's a long stretch of beach between. I would definately choose Uvas over Chankanab for the food, the people and the relaxation factor. Unless you have small children and then I'd have other suggestions.

3. See you already found that out. You can only book kayaks through the cruise lines.

Uvas is great. One of my favorite places on the island for sure. Eduardo - get my fajita's and nachos ready!!!

We are travelling to Cozumel with two DS's 6 & 9 and I was wondering which beaches you would recommend?

Eldest wants to snorkel, but youngest doesn't. I was thinking that the clear bottom kayak might be a fun way for our youngest to see some of the undersea wildlife without actually putting his face in the water. I was hoping to find an independent tour/beach operator to save $$$. We are also stopping in Belize and Costa Maya.

Any insights from those who have been there would be greatly appreciated. Oh... and we leave next Saturday. Down to the wire for excursion decisions! :) :eek: :D

I'm sooo sorrry I did not answer you before, but my DH and I were in Europe and when I'm on vacation my rule is: NO INTERNET!!! but hope I'm still on time to anwer your doubts, if my memory still wortks, the earrings wer $ 13.00 and the necklaces depend of the size of Glass Stone like $14.00 or $15.00 the ashtrays were $20.00 and I bought like 15 pieces in total, and Keila took off 10% onf my shoppings now let me tell you that we went to Florence and one night some of my husband's italians friends, invited us for dinner and I wore one set of the Sole Sets and all the ladies were asking me about them, and I know that in Venice there is a lot of Glass Fussion and bvery pretty too and when I told them I had bought them in COZUMEL they were schocked:D Now I feel I know better dear artseeker, so anything you want to ask I'll be more than happy to help you. we son't be leave on vacation until august, so i'll be here. MISSYFUS My DH and I have been to Uvas 3 times because, besides the food being very good, they have always treated us really well. Let me tell you, the first time we were there we paid for the Open Bar and the Snorkel Tour, and after we did the tour, we were on the beach and my DH mentioned that his drinks were not strong enough, so I had to mention it to the waiter, and the next drink, and all the rest he had, were good and strong like he likes them. So, each time we're there, Kiko and the other waiter (can't remember his name), already know how my DH likes his drinks. So, if you go back, it's just a matter of telling the waiter, bartender, or even Carmen and your DH, or you, or anybody will get their drinks the way you like them.

LEZLEE:

I don't think Missyfuz came back! LOL. I think I'm going to take you up on the offer, so when you go to Uvas, could you ask Sole, or whoever is taking care of the Glass Fusion jewelry for prices for the earrings, small and medium necklaces, and could they make a discount if I buy 20 pieces, LOL! And if possible, their telephone, please!

Thank you and happy cruising!!

I will be going to Cozumel, on our 1st cruise, in November on Valar. I am really interested in purchasing the all inclusive for Playa Uvas. In the description it says "all water activities take place at Chankanaab." It also states that "marine fees" are paid to Chankanaab. Would like to know what exactly this entitles us to. Thx!! :)

One of the best days ever! Thanks so much to Lezlee again for the recommendation! We were treatly so well and had such a wonderful time. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much with the snorkeling from the beach, as I've heard it's not the best, but I felt like I was in an aquarium! We saw an eel, a stingray and many colorful fish. It was the coolest! Lunch was delicious and the drinks were tasty, flowing and the perfect strength for me. I had mentioned that it was my hubby's birthday and they brought out a cute coconut cake and did the whole blow-the-whistle, wiggle the ears, drink the shot Happy Birthday thing for him....not sure how much HE liked it :p, but it was fun and much appreciated! I wish I could repeat that day over and over again. I really enjoyed myself and found a new activity to love! Thanks Eduardo, Carmen and Kiko!

We visited this beach just a few days ago and had a wonderful time. The snorkling tour was excellent, as was the food and drinks. We had been to some of the larger ( think very crowded) beaches but will be back to Playa Uvas on our next visit to Cozumel.

Staff were so friendly!

Marci

One of the best days ever! Thanks so much to Lezlee again for the recommendation! We were treatly so well and had such a wonderful time.

Julie - so glad you guys enjoyed yourselves. What I can't figure out is how those guys with us missed a cake! :p So nice of everyone at Uvas to take care of your husband on his birthday.

We had a really relaxing day at Uvas which was the idea for the whole cruise....RELAX. And what do you know...it worked! What a great trip.

So good to see Carmen, Eduardo and Kiko again! Great day.....great friends.....great drinks.....great food. What's NOT to like?? :)

Julie - so glad you guys enjoyed yourselves. What I can't figure out is how those guys with us missed a cake! :p So nice of everyone at Uvas to take care of your husband on his birthday.

We had a really relaxing day at Uvas which was the idea for the whole cruise....RELAX. And what do you know...it worked! What a great trip.

So good to see Carmen, Eduardo and Kiko again! Great day.....great friends.....great drinks.....great food. What's NOT to like?? :)

Thanks for posting!! I would love to see some pics if you would like to share!!;)

What an amazing day we had at Playa Uvas! I know my husdand got just what the doctor ordered...he finally relaxed and enjoyed vacation! The beach was multi shades of blue water beautiful. Drinks were frequent and refreshing, and the food was so yummy. Love the nachos! I felt like a queen for a day. After a few Pina Colada's that were to die for and the massage... well, there are not enough words! Thank you to Eduardo, Carmen and the rest of the crew that gave us a day of great memories! Hey, I found you on Facebook and we are now your #1 fans! Can't wait to come back with my daughter on her 21st B-day cruise!

We had an amazing day at Playa Uvas! My husband finally did what he is suppose to do on vacation-RELAX! The beach was beautiful and so was gazing out at the water in every shade of blue. I felt like a queen for the day. After having several pina coladas to die for (thanks to Kiko), I had one of the best massages ever! I think I could have spent the rest of the afternoon resting in the cabana if the water had not kept calling my name :) The food was tasty. Loved the nachos-yummy! It was hard to pack up our beach bag and go back to the ship. Carmen and Eduardo made us feel so welcome as did the rest of the staff.

Hey-I found Playa Uvas on Facebook! I am now a fan! Looks like we'll have to book another cruise so we can go back and get some of the new specials! Wait...I am going back :) This time with our daughter on her 21st B-day cruise. Can't wait for a Do-Over!

We had an amazing day at Playa Uvas! My husband finally did what he is suppose to do on vacation-RELAX! The beach was beautiful and so was gazing out at the water in every shade of blue. I felt like a queen for the day. After having several pina coladas to die for (thanks to Kiko), I had one of the best massages ever! I think I could have spent the rest of the afternoon resting in the cabana if the water had not kept calling my name :) The food was tasty. Loved the nachos-yummy! It was hard to pack up our beach bag and go back to the ship. Carmen and Eduardo made us feel so welcome as did the rest of the staff.

Hey-I found Playa Uvas on Facebook! I am now a fan! Looks like we'll have to book another cruise so we can go back and get some of the new specials! Wait...I am going back :) This time with our daughter on her 21st B-day cruise. Can't wait for a Do-Over!

Thanks for posting your review!! I'm so jealous!! I wish I was there NOW! lol

My kids and I went to UVAS in Dec 08 and had a great time. We knew the next time we went to Coz we would go right back. I didn't even check out any other excursions. DD was married on the Ecstasy on 2/6 so when we were talking about what to do at the ports, we knew right where we were going. This time we were a party of 11 with only 3 of us having been there before. 2 in our party had snorkeled at 3 other ports and they mentioned several times how snorkeling at Uvas was they best they had experienced. Our guide was super! Very patient and helpful especially to the 6 who had never snorkeled before. The fish were so close I could have touched them. Just awesome and very beautiful. After snorkeling we showered and then lounged on the beach, played in the water, and had plenty of drinks. I don't drink too often and I thought mine were strong. No one complained that their drinks were too weak or too strong so I think everyone was happy with what they were drinking. The food, once again, was very tasty and plentiful. The chicken fatija's can't be beat. Carmen checked in with me, several times, to make sure we were having a good time and to see if she could do anything for us. Our waiter was so efficient. He was right there, even before our glasses were empty, asking if we wanted another. When it was time to leave, Carmen called 3 taxis for us which was really nice. There are lockers to rent if you need one and towels are available too. To the earlier poster: Yes, there are clear kayaks available, which we did use in Dec 08 but not this time. Thank you, once again, Carmen and Eduardo and the entire staff at UVAS. All of us agree that UVAS was the best thing we did this trip besides DD's wedding. We will be back next time we visit Coz, you guys ROCK!! :D ReNaye and the gang ps-I went online to make our reservations and received a confirmation email within a few hours. Super and easy service.

Were booked on the Carnival Elation for November, just made reservations for Uvas!

For us were just getting massages and going to enjoy the beach a little, then into town to explore some.

Lucky, Lucky You! The massages are wonderful!

My kids and I went to UVAS in Dec 08 and had a great time. We knew the next time we went to Coz we would go right back. I didn't even check out any other excursions. DD was married on the Ecstasy on 2/6 so when we were talking about what to do at the ports, we knew right where we were going. This time we were a party of 11 with only 3 of us having been there before. 2 in our party had snorkeled at 3 other ports and they mentioned several times how snorkeling at Uvas was they best they had experienced. Our guide was super! Very patient and helpful especially to the 6 who had never snorkeled before. The fish were so close I could have touched them. Just awesome and very beautiful. After snorkeling we showered and then lounged on the beach, played in the water, and had plenty of drinks. I don't drink too often and I thought mine were strong. No one complained that their drinks were too weak or too strong so I think everyone was happy with what they were drinking. The food, once again, was very tasty and plentiful. The chicken fatija's can't be beat. Carmen checked in with me, several times, to make sure we were having a good time and to see if she could do anything for us. Our waiter was so efficient. He was right there, even before our glasses were empty, asking if we wanted another. When it was time to leave, Carmen called 3 taxis for us which was really nice. There are lockers to rent if you need one and towels are available too. To the earlier poster: Yes, there are clear kayaks available, which we did use in Dec 08 but not this time. Thank you, once again, Carmen and Eduardo and the entire staff at UVAS. All of us agree that UVAS was the best thing we did this trip besides DD's wedding. We will be back next time we visit Coz, you guys ROCK!! :D ReNaye and the gang ps-I went online to make our reservations and received a confirmation email within a few hours. Super and easy service.

Isn't uvas just great?!?

That's one thing that I love about them that if you have never snorkeled before they are patient and they just want to show you more fish!! I love their service. Thanks for posting!! I can't wait to go back!!:D

We just got back from our Cruise and thank goodness we found UVAS. We had such a wonderful day at UVAS. UVAS is a real find. The people are so courteous and helpful and the place is awesome! The food is great and the unlimited beverage package is really unlimited. Thank you UVAS for a wonderful day and we will surely be back. Because of UVAS we have fallen in love with Cozumel.

See you again real soon (we hope)!

Party of 6 from the US and Canada.

Edited by NJpassenger

Just so you know, this Tuesday I received the package via FEDEX with Sole's glass fusion jewelry. To tell you the truth, I was a little nervous because it took me a while to make up my mind about models & colors, and by the time I did, it seemed to me they wouldn't arrive on time, but fortunately I got the package in 2 days. It was perfect, the dinner was Saturday and I was so glad I ordered them; everybody was amazed by them :D, so a thousand thanks to you two!!

• 2 weeks later...

just back from Playa Uvas on last Thursday... all I can say is two words: "simply incredible" once again, treated like family, not customers, and what a great snorkel experience for those that went!!! Eduardo, You hit the ball out of the park again!!! We will be back!!!:D :D

We will be traveling to Cozumel in November and we are trying to decide between the beaches of Playa Mia and Playa Uvas. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

we have never been to playa mia, but the beach at Uvas is a little rocky and is right off of the Chakanaab reef... lots of fish,coral, etc... we just returned from there last thursday and the snorkelers saw lots of fish, a stingray, and a large sea horse...I can highly recommend Playa Uvas... also good food...

We will be traveling to Cozumel in November and we are trying to decide between the beaches of Playa Mia and Playa Uvas. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Sorry, I've never been to Playa Mia, but here are my thoughts on Playa Uvas. Dh and I went there last April. We got there early and were able to pick whatever chairs we wanted. It's pretty small:

2670870620105058984S600x600Q85.jpg

It's so beautiful. The shore is really rocky. It's not easy to get in and out of the water. But the rocky shore leads to some pretty good shore snorkeling.

2850130900105058984S600x600Q85.jpg

We signed up for the package which included a kayak tour and a snorkel tour. The tours were both enjoyable, and I think it was the best shore snorkeling you can get in Coz.

For lunch I remember we had nachos and fajitas, and they were good. Nothing spectacular, but certainly good. As for drinks, they were refilling our drinks all day. At one point, I realized I was completely buzzed and asked my waiter to switch me to water. So, be careful with the drinks!!!

We were very very pleased with Uvas and would recommend it to anyone. We'll be back in Coz in a few weeks, and we're going to try somewhere else this time, but only because we don't think we should do the exact same thing we did last year. It was really hard for us to not just book Uvas again because the experience was really wonderful.

-Murph

I've been to both and although to some degree it depends on what you're looking for, I would never recommend Playa Mia for anything except the cooking classes. Playa Mia is over run with cruise ship groups and when we were there, there were no beach chairs - instead they had these things that sat on the sand and the beach was so crowded we stayed at the pool all day. Their pool was nothing special - just less crowded. The drinks were pretty watered down and we ordered an appetizer but no lunch because it just wasn't good.

On the other hand, Uvas food and drink and accommodations are far superior. It makes for a lot quieter day but yes, the beach is rocky. It just depends on what you're lookin for in a beach club.