Playa Uvas

rscima

How do you get to Playa Uvas? How much and how long is the taxi ride? Am I reading it right that you can get in, get 2 drinks and snorkel gear for $15? that seems really cheap. Any pictures of the beach?

thanks,

Tony

Hi Tony, It's a quick taxi ride, 5-10 minutes from the cruise terminal. I believe we paid $10 for the taxi. The folks at Uvas will make sure you get a taxi for your ride back to town or the ship.

The fees at Uvas all depend on what you do. When we have been, it's kind of al carte. I don't snorkel, but my family does. Mom and Dad like the drinks, but our son does not. We all like the beach, and all like to eat :D It's really great to have so many options!

There are a lot of pictures on the web site and facebook-Enjoy!

Hi Tony, It's a quick taxi ride, 5-10 minutes from the cruise terminal. I believe we paid $10 for the taxi. The folks at Uvas will make sure you get a taxi for your ride back to town or the ship.

The fees at Uvas all depend on what you do. When we have been, it's kind of al carte. I don't snorkel, but my family does. Mom and Dad like the drinks, but our son does not. We all like the beach, and all like to eat :D It's really great to have so many options!

There are a lot of pictures on the web site and facebook-Enjoy!

Great info! Visit their website, they have tons of info...and if you use facebook they also give out discounts that you can use as well!!:D

My wife and I were here last week on our carnival cruise.

After hours and hours of research I picked this beach club as our Cozumel Cruise Excursion. I booked directly with Playa Uvas. I was not disappointed.

We got off of our carnival ship, walked out of the shopping area and got a cab. It was 10$ for both of us to ride the few minutes south to Playa Uvas.

We arrived and they had our names written on a whiteboard welcoming us. We were the first ones to arrive that day. We were welcomed by a nice lady who gave us a quick tour and pointed out where everything was.

We plopped our stuff down on two beach chairs and before we could sit down our waiter came over and introduced himself to us. He brought a little wooden table and set it between our chairs and started the drinks coming. Yay open bar! They had dos equis on tap and a full bar for you to choose from. We were never without a drink in our hands... Very good frozen pina colada.

Everyone there spoke very good english.

We saw 2 types of cute little crabs on the beach and some large iguana things on the wall. Very cool.

We did the snorkeling tour with "Jonathan Dicaprio" who was funny. There were about 10 other guests who went snorkeling with us. Uvas provided fins, mask, snorkel, and life jacket to everyone. It was a nice "dive shop" set up on the side of the place.

After some snorkeling instruction from Jonathan we walked north along the beach about 500 yards and then made our way into the water. It was not hard to get into the water like some reviews say... Jonathan helped those who needed it over the few rocks close to shore.

We then started snorkeling. We saw many fish. A handful of interesting coral forms. You could see the two Carnival ships docked in the far far distance north of us. Jonathan led us south through the water as he dove down and shows us interesting things.

After the snorkeling we were offered lunch. The waiter said the beef fajitas were best so we got those. They were very good and plenty of food for my 210 lbs.

We each got a 25 minute massage while there. 1$ per minute is excellent.

We also snorkeled from shore for a while and were amazed at the amount if fish that would swim right up to your feet. They didnt mind that you were there at all. After more time on the beach watching the waves and boats and birds. We decided to leave we packed up and headed out. There were 3 cabs waiting for us.

Overall I highly recommend this as an independent cruise excursion. You cant beat 35$ open bar + a snorkel trip. Yay Facebook discount.

I reserved our excursion to Playa Uvas through their website using a facebook discount. It was easy and we didn't have to pay until we arrived. It was so nice to have my name written on a white board at the welcome desk upon arriving from our quick taxi ride. Everyone was very welcoming and wonderful. They worked with my group of 8 with ease. 6 of us booked the snorkel, open bar, meal package, which the other 2 booked the meal and open bar. Very affordable and we'd all do it again!! Our snorkel tour guide was Jonathan, who did an excellent job of showing up colorful fish and unusual sea life. He brought up a baby starfish and put it on my hand. Very cool. So much fun!!!!!! It lasted about 45 minutes. We had a great chicken meal that was fresh and hit the spot. We cooled off in the pool and we never without a drink in hand!! Wait staff were excellent.

Couldn't say enough good about the place. It was worth every penny. So relaxing, but a great adventure!! We live in South FL and are always at the beach and familiar with snorkeling, but it was wonderful to be away at a quiet secluded beach with our friends being waited on. :)

I'm going back for the gadzillionth time to Uvas next Saturday!! Can't wait to get my feet in the sand and my hand around a cold drink. I'll arrive hungry to best do justice to their great food!

Get ready, my Uvas family!!!

I'm going back for the gadzillionth time to Uvas next Saturday!! Can't wait to get my feet in the sand and my hand around a cold drink. I'll arrive hungry to best do justice to their great food!

Get ready, my Uvas family!!!

You lucky girl!! Are you taking Eduardo some Chipoltle Tabasco? I promised to send some and then promptly FORGOT to do it! Old timer's disease... If you're taking it, I won't worry about it and then I have a friend going in January that can stock him up again. :)

You betcha! Eduardo will have enough to last him until your friend takes him some in January! I'll be going back in late April, so I'll hook him up again then!

We're doing the catamaran snorkeling this time. Can't wait to try that out!!

You betcha! Eduardo will have enough to last him until your friend takes him some in January! I'll be going back in late April, so I'll hook him up again then!

We're doing the catamaran snorkeling this time. Can't wait to try that out!!

Ur so lucky!! I wanna do that someday...Maybe when I can round up enough ppl to do it with us! :D Tell everyone I said Hi!! :)

Can someone please help me.

After MUCH MUCH research, I believe I would like to do this for my dh and my beach day in Cozumel (we are not taking the teens with us).

We have been to Nachi MANY times and want something different.

We do not want to snorkel or do anything else but lay on loungers and be served food and drink and take a dip in the water for an AI price.

I do not have FB but just asked me dd if I can go on her account and get this discount.

How the heck do I do this? I'm 43 but don't have a clue how to get the discount from Playa Uvas. THANKS SO MUCH!

Can someone please help me.

After MUCH MUCH research, I believe I would like to do this for my dh and my beach day in Cozumel (we are not taking the teens with us).

We have been to Nachi MANY times and want something different.

We do not want to snorkel or do anything else but lay on loungers and be served food and drink and take a dip in the water for an AI price.

I do not have FB but just asked me dd if I can go on her account and get this discount.

How the heck do I do this? I'm 43 but don't have a clue how to get the discount from Playa Uvas. THANKS SO MUCH!

I looked on FB and the pictures look like this place gets crowded. Is that the case.

I was very interested in Melia or Ocean Beach club which look a lot less crowded.

Can anyone give me a comparison.

Thanks.

We stopped at this beach in March, needless to say we were disappointed as we expected a beach club to have a beach. Just rocky shore and not safe to go into the water. I understand snorkeling is supposed to be nice there but we really just wanted a nice sandy beach.

We stopped at this beach in March, needless to say we were disappointed as we expected a beach club to have a beach. Just rocky shore and not safe to go into the water. I understand snorkeling is supposed to be nice there but we really just wanted a nice sandy beach.

Thank you VERY much! I am leaning towards Ocean Beach Club or Melia.

We LOVE Nachi but desperately want to try something different.

Playa Uvas to me doesn't get too crowded. They monitor the number of guests they get each day. It has been known on this thread that their beach is not all sandy. It is rocky and they have placed out sand bags to help you get in the water. As others have mentioned to take your water shoes. Their service, staff, snorkeling, and food is awesome. It keeps bringing me back.

• 2 weeks later...

we went to spend a few days in Playa del Carmen, and because my husband is addicted to diving in Cozumel, and with Luis from Playa Uvas, Saturday, we crossed on the ferry, took a taxi to the Hotel Fiesta Americana (which is very close to Uvas), left our suitcase and walked over to Playa Uvas. Carmen welcomed us, as nice as ever, and while my DH was busy diving, I stayed behind to enjoy the day from a beach front lounger. Kiko was not there, but the Margaritas and nachos I had while I read my book "Tell No One", were served by the nice and kind Alex. My husbad was diving all Saturday and Sunday morning (Uvas is not open on Sunday), so while my husband was busy with his sport, I went shopping. I didn't know this, but on Sundays, there are no cruise ships come in, WOW! But shopping on Sunday is wonderful, I enjoyed it so much I even bought me a ring, which was not in my plans, LOL! Late in the afternoon, we left the hotel and went back to Playa del Carmen. I think this was our 5th, or 6th visit to Uvas, and as always, everything went just right! The service we get is like we were family already - Oh, and I'd like to add that we took advantage of their anniversary discount which is on Facebook :D!

You can do it too!

we went to spend a few days in Playa del Carmen, and because my husband is addicted to diving in Cozumel, and with Luis from Playa Uvas, Saturday, we crossed on the ferry, took a taxi to the Hotel Fiesta Americana (which is very close to Uvas), left our suitcase and walked over to Playa Uvas. Carmen welcomed us, as nice as ever, and while my DH was busy diving, I stayed behind to enjoy the day from a beach front lounger. Kiko was not there, but the Margaritas and nachos I had while I read my book "Tell No One", were served by the nice and kind Alex. My husbad was diving all Saturday and Sunday morning (Uvas is not open on Sunday), so while my husband was busy with his sport, I went shopping. I didn't know this, but on Sundays, there are no cruise ships come in, WOW! But shopping on Sunday is wonderful, I enjoyed it so much I even bought me a ring, which was not in my plans, LOL! Late in the afternoon, we left the hotel and went back to Playa del Carmen. I think this was our 5th, or 6th visit to Uvas, and as always, everything went just right! The service we get is like we were family already - Oh, and I'd like to add that we took advantage of their anniversary discount which is on Facebook :D!

You can do it too!

Oh I envy you!!! I just love Playa del Carmen and Playa Uvas!! :D I so wish I was there right now!!! We will be going to Uvas in Dec. and I'm so ready to go snorkeling. Maybe one day I will be brave and do the scuba!

Hi,

I just quot back from playa Uvas. The place is great for snorkeling. Don't expect to see a lot of coral, but you will see plenty of fish. If you are not a first timer, you don't have to take the tour. It's a little bit rocky, but I don't consider it dangerous. If you perfer, you can wear some shoes, but it's not necessary.

My girlfriend took a massage and she said it was great. It is cheaper than the cruise ship. The food was good and the service awesome. Ask Cesar for the special dessert!! :D

We had so much fun in September at Playa Uvas that we are returning in November! Can't wait!!

Great place and great price!!! ..and Carmen, Kiko and Reyes are so pleasant! The underwater cave is a must see on the snorkeling excursion--breath taking! Reyes is so patient and takes his time to show all the underwater life. :cool:

We had a blast on the catamaran!! Then lunch, and a short...too short...massage. The massage is highly recommended!! We stuffed ourselves at lunch on cerviche, beef fajitas, and lots of margaritas!

Stir- I would love to do the Catamaran..maybe one of these days I can convice enough ppl to go with me...

We had so much fun in September at Playa Uvas that we are returning in November! Can't wait!!

Great place and great price!!! ..and Carmen, Kiko and Reyes are so pleasant! The underwater cave is a must see on the snorkeling excursion--breath taking! Reyes is so patient and takes his time to show all the underwater life. :cool:

Glad to hear you are going back!! Carmen, Kiko, and Reyes are always Great!! I just love em!!!:D

I'll be there in Dec.!! Can't wait!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We had an absolutely fantastic time at Playa Uvas on Saturday (11/20/10)! We didn't think they could top our visit in September, but they did:)!

Can't say enough about all the staff and service--exemplary! Carmen once again greeted us with a smile, took us around to introduce us to everyone and show us around. We were blown away by the snorkeling tour once again! Reyes, you are the best! We touched a wild stingray, and even held an arrow crab. Reyes pointed out many things that we didn't see when we were there in September. Saw a moray eel, lobster, pompano fish, trigger fish, some of the coolest coral, etc.

After returning from the snorkeling tour we relaxed in the loungers while soaking up that beautiful Caribbean sun and being served refreshing surprise (at my request ;)) drinks. One was a Bob Marley--really tasty and colorful!

Thanks again, Eduardo, Carmen, Reyes and all the rest of the friendly staff for making our time in Cozumel wonderfully memorable!! See you again soon--hopefully in February! :cool: