Playa Uvas

rscima

Hey guys!! we just got back from our cruise and just wanted to let you know that I am terribly exhaused and that I promise that I will post a review with pics this weekend!! I need to sort through all of my photos so that I can post pics. I had an awesome time while i was there and was even able to watch a wedding ceremony that was taking place while i was there...it reminded me of my wedding! (*tear*)

I promise i will post my review this weekend! :D

This was my fifth time going to Cozumel and we decided to visit Playa Uvas again. J Unfortunately the weather wasn’t cooperating with us and it was a rainy day. We rented a jeep from Specialty car rental in Puerto Maya and drove around the island. Around 11am we arrived at Playa Uvas. This was the first time that my cousin and her husband have ever been to Playa Uvas and this was my 5th time going there. I was happy to see that there was a wedding taking place. It reminded me of my wedding day. I took pictures with Carmen and met her daughter. I surprised Carmen by bringing her a variety of chocolates! J I took some quick pictures of Playa Uvas and off we went to go snorkeling. It was a very cloudy day and luckily it quit raining on us! We were on a time crunch! My cousin wanted to go shopping so we decided before hand to stop at Playa Uvas to do some snorkeling! We got our snorkel equipment and off we went. We snorkeled for an hour and we thoroughly enjoyed snorkeling. Surprisingly, the water felt just right! Not too cold and not too hot! I just loved seeing all the colorful fish all around me. This time I remembered to leave my jewelry behind on the ship and I didn’t see any barracudas!! We ordered some drinks and chatted for a few. Before we knew it—it was time for us to leave. We left around 2:30pm to go shopping. Overall, we all enjoyed our time spent at Playa Uvas. My cousin and her husband enjoyed Playa Uvas. They bought a couple of bracelets with their names on it. I enjoyed the view, wishing it was sunny. Even thought there was a wedding taking place to me Playa Uvas was not crowded. There was enough room for us to feel like we were the only ones there. Like always, everyone at Playa Uvas was always smiling and happy to assist their clientele. I had a great time there, and can’t wait to go back! J

We returned this Sunday from a cruise that took us to Cozumel and we spent the day at UVAS. We were extremely disappointed. We chose them because our DD is in a wheelchair and they advertised a pool. They had one, but it was dark green and looked toxic. The bathroom was not clean and the sand or rocks on the beach not cared for. Entry into the water was dangerous because they had no sandy beach only rocks and gravel to try to walk thru. In the water the rocks were large and moss covered making it slippery. I would NOT recommend this to older people or families. Perhaps the snorkeling was good, but forget the pool which is shaded completely by trees. We won't go back because it did not meet our needs. I did research before going but the good reports misled me. We stayed for 2 hours and left.

• 2 weeks later...

We were at Playa Uvas in Feb. 2010, and I hesitated to write a review because Eduardo asked that I make sure to write a good one! What bothered us was that things were not as advertised. No-one would ever set foot in the freezing, dirty pool, there were no gorgeous teak loungers or lounge beds as advertised. The loungers were like very old carnival ones. We weren't allowed to use the clear kayaks although they stayed unused for most of the day. They were friendly, fajitas were wonderful, but it is definitely not a beach club! We won't be going back.

I took a picture of the swimming pool and even went to go look at it when I was there on my last visit. I didn't see anything wrong with the pool. I haven't had a chance to upload the additional pics but will when I get a chance. Currently I'm taking 2 summer classes so I will try to do my best. This is my opinion, I perfer to swim in the ocean and not in the swimming pool (I can do that on the ship or back home) so I cannot tell you if the water was cold or not. I can only tell you that it looked decent enough to swim in. Like I said this is my opinion. I highly recommend this place to people--even my own family.

• 2 weeks later...

We were recently at Playa Uvas on May 15th through Royal Caribbean. There were 9 ladies. We had a terrific time. Kiko took great care of us and we never had an empty drink in our hand. A couple of us did the snorkel package which was fun-we wanted to do it on our own time (not with the official tour) and they had no problem with that. 4 of us also opted to get massages which were nice and relaxing. Place was clean, food was great. Drinks could have been a little stronger but I have read that if you ask for stronger drinks they will make them stronger. Taxi was waiting for us when it was time to leave. This place was a little slice of paradise!

Had a great time and would definitely go back.

May 6th, 2010 was our third time in Cozumel. (DH 32, me 31) decided to do a beach day. We chose to go to Uvas from the recomendations on theses boards. We are very glad that we did. We had an amazing time!!!! We wanted to get away from the crowds, and Uvas definitely was the place for that. We got off the Inspration and had no problems getting a taxi to Uvas. Kiko, was always ready to refill our "Dirty Monkeys" Yum :) We also did the snorkleing tour. Our guide took us to many places that we probably would not have found on our own. We had snorkled the day before in Grand Cayman, and decided the snorkeling was better at Uvas. We also snorkeled on our own later in the afternoon. We did not order any meals, but ordered chips and salsa to much on, and it was great. My husband and I decided that this was the best day on our cruise. Maybe even the best day out of our 4 cruises. We will definitely go back!

232323232%7Ffp432%3B3%3Enu%3D3359%3E6%3C9%3E768%3E244%3A6%3C9859235ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp4344%3B%3Enu%3D324%3A%3E3%3C7%3E%3A%3B7%3EWSNRCG%3D3355%3A6835%3B326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp432%3C8%3Enu%3D324%3A%3E3%3C7%3E%3A%3B7%3EWSNRCG%3D3355%3A55474326nu0mrj

My wife and I did the snorkel, lunch, open bar on May 4th. Reyes was our snorkel guide. Neither of us had snorkeled before, and I'm not a great swimmer. It turned out that it was just the two of us and Reyes. He was very patient and helped my wife halfway through the tour. Being nervous about snorkeling and having one on one instruction would of been worth twice the money.

My wife and I did the snorkel, lunch, open bar on May 4th. Reyes was our snorkel guide. Neither of us had snorkeled before, and I'm not a great swimmer. It turned out that it was just the two of us and Reyes. He was very patient and helped my wife halfway through the tour. Being nervous about snorkeling and having one on one instruction would of been worth twice the money.

That is good to know. We booked this package for the end of July for DH, DD12, DD11, DD7 and myself. None of us have ever snorkled, but the girls all want to try. Sounds like this will be a good experience for them. CAN"T WAIT!!:D

• 2 weeks later...
anyone else been to Playa Uvas recently?

We will be there soon!!!

we were there the first week of March... had a great time!!! a large part of my group went on the guided snorkel trip and loved it...

Edited by oldmedic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
May 6th, 2010 was our third time in Cozumel. (DH 32, me 31) decided to do a beach day. We chose to go to Uvas from the recomendations on theses boards. We are very glad that we did. We had an amazing time!!!! We wanted to get away from the crowds, and Uvas definitely was the place for that. We got off the Inspration and had no problems getting a taxi to Uvas. Kiko, was always ready to refill our "Dirty Monkeys" Yum :) We also did the snorkleing tour. Our guide took us to many places that we probably would not have found on our own. We had snorkled the day before in Grand Cayman, and decided the snorkeling was better at Uvas. We also snorkeled on our own later in the afternoon. We did not order any meals, but ordered chips and salsa to much on, and it was great. My husband and I decided that this was the best day on our cruise. Maybe even the best day out of our 4 cruises. We will definitely go back!

232323232%7Ffp432%3B3%3Enu%3D3359%3E6%3C9%3E768%3E244%3A6%3C9859235ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp4344%3B%3Enu%3D324%3A%3E3%3C7%3E%3A%3B7%3EWSNRCG%3D3355%3A6835%3B326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp432%3C8%3Enu%3D324%3A%3E3%3C7%3E%3A%3B7%3EWSNRCG%3D3355%3A55474326nu0mrj

pluto20_2

can I take the tropical fish picture to use as my screen saver? I love it! :D

Edited by Kletina

Wife and I are cruising in September.

I just booked playa uvas oh boy!

After researching many beach clubs on Coz the thing that put Uvas at the front of my list was the snorkel from shore opportunity.

Also if you facebook friend them you get 10% off discount codes and they have 41 albums of photos. 36$ for open bar, lunch, and guided snorkeling tour seems like a deal to me.

I will post a review with video and pictures when I get back!

Wonderful pictures!! I finally am able to be a "normal" critter! lol I have been holed up studying my life away! Now i'm done and exciting to catch up on all my reading!!

-Pluto, I really enjoyed your pictures!! I can't wait to get my pictures developed when I was there in April!

Stir- Hey it was good seeing u on here!! I wish I could join you and your family and get away!!

I was checking out Uvas and it looks like they are giving back to kids!! Good for them. Here's the link to any who are interested!

http://www.playauvas.com/uvas-for-the-children.php

Maybe we can take a little something and donate next time we go up there.

Had a wonderful time! We were there on 7/15 and even though the weather didn't fully cooperate, we still had a good time. Our guided snorkel trip was awesome. Carmen did such a nice job making us feel welcome. My niece really got to celebrate her 16th birthday in style - she said her massage was fantastic. I would definately return and highly recommend Playa Uvas.

I'm having Uvas withdrawals and have no cruises to the Western Caribbean planned for the whole next year and a half!! :( What was I thinking??? Somehow I need to fix that.

Lynn - good to see you on here. Enjoy your cruise in October! For all of you going to Uvas soon, give Eduardo and Carmen my regards.