Upgrade Fairy Is Alive & Well

ladysheri

DH & I and DDs are going on the Diamond tomorrow; 10 minutes before we left out house to catch our flight up to Anchorage, we received a call from Princess Cruises. We had a Minisuite with an Interior across the hall and they wanted to bump us up to the Family Suite. WooHoo!!! We're very psyched! :) :D :) Free Internet and Laundry!!!

On a side note, flying into Anchorage was incredible. Sunny skies today and the scenery is SO spectacular! Snow on the peaks and not too cold....50's.

S

DH & I and DDs are going on the Diamond tomorrow; 10 minutes before we left out house to catch our flight up to Anchorage, we received a call from Princess Cruises. We had a Minisuite with an Interior across the hall and they wanted to bump us up to the Family Suite. WooHoo!!! We're very psyched! :) :D :) Free Internet and Laundry!!!

On a side note, flying into Anchorage was incredible. Sunny skies today and the scenery is SO spectacular! Snow on the peaks and not too cold....50's.

S

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to hear about your trip. We are going the same route on the Diamond in August. Keep us informed.

Debbie

Sorry to burst your bubble and be the party crasher....but the Family suite on Dolphin does NOT come with the Amenities....only full Suite do unless they decide to afford that you if you make a stink about it....the Family Suite is really two mini-suite cabins witha connecting door...nothing more than that!Tony

Sorry to burst your bubble and be the party crasher....but the Family suite on Dolphin does NOT come with the Amenities....only full Suite do unless they decide to afford that you if you make a stink about it....the Family Suite is really two mini-suite cabins witha connecting door...nothing more than that!Tony

Well, I hope we do not need to make a stink. When I asked questions on the phone this morning before agreeing to the upgrade, the Princess rep listed all the amenities that came with the Family Suite, free internet, laundry, etc. That sure sounded like a Full Suite classification. Either way, the additional space and larger balcony will be cool.

S

This is exactly what I was told by 2 different Princess reps just yesterday. Was looking into possibly booking something this summer with our kids and they offered me the family suites. I thought that meant full suite amenities and they both told me that it isn't considered a full suite. They said there would be the upgraded bedding since it had the mini-suite classification.

HOpe it does work out for you. Just push and tell them that's what you were told when they gave you the upgrade otherwise you wouldn't have taken it.

We had the exact same thing happen to us three years ago when we sailed to Alaska on the Star. Booked minisuite with interior across the hall, upgraded (five days before the cruise) to family suite. The family suite was great with the kids. Don't know about suite perks, as that was before they really had a lot of perks, though I remember reading on these boards from someone who was travelling with a large group or women in several cabins and upgraded to the family suite that they got the suite amenities. For the price they charge for the family suite, they should be included. Be forewarned though, the balcony is very windy when at sea, as you will be the very first balcony and there is no windscreen at the front. You get a great view of what is coming though.

I just got done looking at the diagram of the family suite....what a great place to stay, who cares if you get laundry!?!?!?!?! :rolleyes:

It looks fantastic, a real living room type gathering place, big balcony. It should be great!!!

Have a wonderful time :)

:) :) :)

Wanted to update everyone....the Family Suite has been incredible. It comes with ALL the Full Suite priveleges. And we did not have to ask for anything. Our steward has been great with the kids and we have been given all the Extras.....access to the ship DVD library, Spa thermal pass, canapes every night, free Internet (which wasn't working on the Ship at all until tonight!), free laundry (which has been the BEST).

We were warned about the balcony being windy, but it has not been that bad at all--just really windy one night on the way from College Fjord to Glacier Bay. It's so much bigger that we were able to entertain a couple of times out on the deck during Sailaways.

On a side note, the weather up here has been FANTASTIC...just a few sprinkles leaving Skagway yesterday.

Now, to start planning that next one. 'Twill be very hard to go back from here!!!

Sheri

:) :) :)

Wanted to update everyone....the Family Suite has been incredible. It comes with ALL the Full Suite priveleges. And we did not have to ask for anything. Our steward has been great with the kids and we have been given all the Extras.....access to the ship DVD library, Spa thermal pass, canapes every night, free Internet (which wasn't working on the Ship at all until tonight!), free laundry (which has been the BEST).

We were warned about the balcony being windy, but it has not been that bad at all--just really windy one night on the way from College Fjord to Glacier Bay. It's so much bigger that we were able to entertain a couple of times out on the deck during Sailaways.

On a side note, the weather up here has been FANTASTIC...just a few sprinkles leaving Skagway yesterday.

Now, to start planning that next one. 'Twill be very hard to go back from here!!!

Sheri

I'm so glad it worked out for you. Sounds like you're having a great cruise.

This is not my story; it's my mother in law's. They were scheduled to cruise this week to Alaska. The Princess rep called them and told them their cruise was overbooked, and offered them a change from inside to outside cabin and $500.00 onboard credit if they would change to one of two alternate dates. So, they are going on June 19. It sounded like a good deal to me!

Archived