No Beverages at All?

You can always get bottled water at any bar to drink in your cabin, bring ashore. They usually even sell it cold as you are boarding tenders next to the door.

You are correct!

You can get anything on board you want!

As long as you are willing to over-pay for it!

The rep I spoke with said that she has heard of several people that have had their water held until the end of the cruise...

Sandie:D

I don't think I could hold my water until the end of a cruise...

(sorry bad joke)

RCI's website now says you can't bring beverages of any kind on board the ship. No doubt this is an attempt to crack down on smuggling attempts (i.e. vodka in water bottles, rum in iced tea bottles, etc.). I'm cruising with them in a week and I plan to buy the soda card ($42 isn't a bad deal for the whole week), but I'd like to not have to run up to a bar or cafe every time I want something other than water. Also, I'd like to have some bottled water/gatorade to throw in a backpack when I go ashore. From what I've heard (and what I remember), soda card drinks are served, single serving, in cups.

I guess my question is, how serious are they about this policy? If i throw some water bottles with water in them, gatorade bottles with gatorade in them, or unopened cans of soda in my carry on, will I make it on board with my luggage intact? Any experience with this out there? I'm leaving from Miami. Would it be easier just to pick some stuff up at the first stop and try to bring it back?

I have never bought bottled water or sodas on board. We are not big soda drinkers but have brought a few cans/bottles on board with us and also from several ports along the way. We just finished a cruise last week and brought bottled water with us and took it on and off the ship at every port and never were questioned. My wife had a liter of vanilla extract we picked up in Mexico and they never even looked in the bag that was run through an x-ray machine to see what it was. If it ain't booze, don't worry about it. And if it is booze...don't worry about it, they will store it or let it pass on through. You will get it back if they decide to take it...it just may be on your last cruise night though.

Hi, Someone asked for the "no beverage" policy link. I looked I can't find it - NOW. The policy was there before. Now all I can find is under the frequently asked questions. Can I bring liqour aboard? But I am very certain that I did see on the "no beverage" policy before and now it is gone. So maybe it's a conspiracy or maybe they just can't make up their minds. But the website has been changed.

If you want more info, read the wine policies thread I started and you will see a copy of an email from an RCI employee talking about the no beverage policy. Of course someone could be making that up to, but I don't think sooooo. I think RCI can't decide on what the policy should be or how to enforce it.

Happy Cruzin!

I will be buying the soda and juice cards for everyone however, I am a Dr Pepper person, Mr Pibb doesn't work for me, so I am taking the plastic bottles of Dr. Pepper in my luggage. Plus water, on CC it seemed very expensive.

Dr. Pepper is not on their list of beverages. I guess it's a Texas thing.

We leave in just 3 days!!

why would you want to start out your cruise as a smuggler?

Ah, someone finally asks the ultimate question on these posts. It's either one, or a combination of:

1. Too cheap, even while on vacation;

2. The urgent desire for mis-adventure, and the cunning opportunity to do something to break some rules(that's me right there);

3. Maybe they don't like Coke so they bring Pepsi and Mountain Dew onboard (yep, that's me too);

4. They WANT to get caught and then write a nasty letter to RCL and hope they get some sort of restitution, extra cruise points or even try hiring an attorney to take their case (admit it, there are those out there that actually want to try this);

5. If they can get away with it, sneak onboard an entire case of wine, just to try and avoid the higher prices onboard, or to avoid corkage fees, etc;

6. Blatant stupidity to sneak it onboard in their checked luggage, forgetting that RCL staff toss luggage down stairwells and let them land smack hard on the deck;

7. Sneak liquor in of all things, the baby bottle (I bet it's been done before)!

I will be buying the soda and juice cards for everyone however, I am a Dr Pepper person, Mr Pibb doesn't work for me, so I am taking the plastic bottles of Dr. Pepper in my luggage. Plus water, on CC it seemed very expensive.

Royal Caribbean doesn't even have Mr. Pibb. All I've ever found was Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite (cans only), and ginger ale (cans only).

Just my 2 cents. I work at the pier in Philadelphia as a check in agent. I never saw security confiscate anything. I even asked a couple security guards if they confiscate beverages. They said no they never do, but thats just Philly. They could care less about that stuff. They are not even employed by Royal Caribbean.

I just returned from Radiance out of San Diego. I made note that the folks scanning carry-on luggage worked for the port, not RCI, as I believe I have noted also in Miami and FLL. I see no reason why they would care what sort of bottled or canned drinks you bring on board. We always carry on about 4 bottles of wine, and I carry my water bottle. We also pack a box of wine and a bottle of Windsor Canadian. We have never had the slightest problem with the luggage scanners. This is on over 15 cruises.

Daisy,

I too am a Dr. Pepper guy and longed for one on My AOS Cruise in 2003...I found one at a roadside stand in Antigua - talk about out of the way!! Yes you are right - it's a Texas thing and I recall on both of my Rhapsody cruises out of Galveston they served Dr. Pepper on board! Another reason to keep going back to the Rhapsody!

So if I take a couple of bottles of wine that aren't on the wine list, do I give it to them when I board and let them know that we want it given to us at dinner on a certain night? How does that work if we bring wine on with us? Do we need to carry it on or pack it in our luggage?

Okay, call me a smuggler if you want but I have every intension of taking one bottle of Jack and some soft drinks on board. For goodness sakes, we are spending a ton of money on the cruise, excursions and most of our drinks on board that if we want to start the evening with a freebe, or have a night cap on the balcony before bed, then I guess that makes me a smuggler:eek:

Pl-le-e-se-- for those of you that are so eager to shake a finger at us "smugglers", what difference could it possibly make to you if I bring my bottle on board?

And for those who are so eager to place blame on smuggled liquor for the recent man-overboard incidents, wake up and realize that the people who overindulge will do so whether they smuggled or paid for their beverage of choice on board. Let's put the blame where it belongs; on the individual's inability to control their consumption, not on the orgin of the liquor.

Archived