Pier Coordinator in Bayonne, NJ

Hi All! I've done the pier coordinating thing in Miami, but have not done it in Bayonne. Any help with location, procedure, etc. would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

It so happens that my co-worker was there before, and this is what he told me:

When you get into the port, you follow a long line of cars. The line ends at a building. Whenever the parking spots fill up at the front of the building, cars are told to go around again and again, until it's your turn to pull in. This is where you offload everything, supposedly. Once you offload, you pull out from the front parking spot and park your car at the long term parking for cruisers. Then, you return, go through security, and board the ship. Wayne told me that the entire process took two hours from the time they entered the port facility gates.

Hopefully things have changed - this doesn't sound like a very efficient loading plan to me. If anyone who has been there recently, please let us know if this is still the norm?

Thanks - great thread to start here.

Our flight arrives in Newark at 11am, so how much trouble will it be getting to the port by cab from there? Will it be mayhem at noon?

Thanks.

No - shouldn't take more than 15 minutes tops. Problem times would be early morning and after 4 p.m.

What I wanted to know where is the Pier coordinater located,So I can try to get a upgrade

Eh (ears perked) what does the pier coordinator have to do with upgrades? I thought it was the people inside the terminal that take care of that?

Hi All! I've done the pier coordinating thing in Miami, but have not done it in Bayonne. Any help with location, procedure, etc. would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

There is a large room for general check in and a smaller room to the left for suites/diamon members. The peir coordingator is in the large room, pretty much center check in. Their is no marking or special line to see her/him. You just have to lean over the counter and ask - while all the folks in line for general check in think you are cutting line :)

Archived