$99 Sale - Take advantage of it and . . .

I don't see this sale too often but maybe you have.

Click below and get $99 off these select sailings.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/featuredCruises/deployment.do?topic=adv&subTopic=NewDeplmnt&requestor=arn

One point - I booked a cruise online and paid for it over the phone.

The reservationist got off the line too fast before I confirmed that my cruise was eligible for the $99 off.

I called again and asked. The reservationist then said yes and then said, "I'll apply the discount to your reservation and send you an email."

I thought it was automatic and evidently it's not.

So it you book a cruise before the middle of June (check the ad for the correct date) please ask and make sure you get the discount! :)

I don't see this sale too often but maybe you have.

Click below and get $99 off these select sailings.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/featuredCruises/deployment.do?topic=adv&subTopic=NewDeplmnt&requestor=arn

One point - I booked a cruise online and paid for it over the phone.

The reservationist got off the line too fast before I confirmed that my cruise was eligible for the $99 off.

I called again and asked. The reservationist then said yes and then said, "I'll apply the discount to your reservation and send you an email."

I thought it was automatic and evidently it's not.

So it you book a cruise before the middle of June (check the ad for the correct date) please ask and make sure you get the discount! :)

Sale started on 4-27-06 for select sailing out of the Northeast. Your $99

off will be applied to your reservation in about 2 weeks.

How about 07 cruises sailing from Miami? Anyone heard of discounts on these? I get RCCL e-mails, do they inform you of any discounts available, is your TA supposed to keep on top of these, or once you book are you out of luck? We always go through a TA and have never been given a discount from RCCL before, did on Princess though and it went through our TA.

Does anyone know if I can still get the credit if I already booked the cruise? I booked a qualifying cruise on board the Monarch, earlier this month, but didn't have my $99 card w/ me at the time. Has anyone tried to apply the credit, after they booked? TIA!!!

Ladylawyer: Yes we got the $99 credit for the Sovereign of the Seas 4/30/07 which I booked while on board beginning of the month. TA called me yesterday and said it would be applied.

Mae: Check the RCI website there are several cruises from Miami that are included in the sale. Good Luck....Later, Jill:cool:

Jilly- I was advised by the Loyalty Ambassador on board the Radiance that the $99 sale applied only to cruises NOT booked on board! I am calling RCI right now to check this out. Thanks for posting.

39august: As long as it is in the timeframe when the dates opened you should get the 99....My TA called RCI and got it no problem...too bad the Enchantment that we also booked for January is not one of the cruises:(

Let us know how you made out;) ...Later, Jill:cool:

OK, I just called the C&A Desk and explained my situation. Sandy told me that "the Revenue Dept. automatically applies the $99 coupon to all bookings that are applicable." She also said that it usually takes 3-4 weeks to see the coupon application. As I mentioned, I booked on board ship (on May 3rd, but the "Option Date" on my booking sheet shows May 10, 2006), so it has not yet been 4 weeks. Sandy suggested confirming with the Revenue Dept but also advised that they are closed today and probably won't be open until Tuesday. I'll try then, to be sure. However, it would be so sweet to get the $99 off a fairly expensive Med cruise. That pays for at least 1 shore excursion, right?

39august, did you hear something different?

Again, this is why I LOVE Cruise Critic!!! Thanks, Jill! ~ Lorna

PS: I took another look at the "fine print" (ya, it's a "lawyer-thing") on the offer and it does say "Royal Caribbean will automatically deduct the $99 per stateroom savings within two weeks of the date reservation is made." So, maybe notsomuch on the "two week" part, but the rest indicates that it's automatic. The only possible "catch" is the part that says, "Offer is not combinable with any other promotion or offer unless expressly stated therein." Thus, I suppose that RCI could say that the "on board credit" we get, for booking on board, constitutes "other promotion or offer." However, I'm hopeful. Either way, I get to go on a wonderful cruise! I'm happy!!! :D

I spoke with a C&A rep who advised that, yes, our cruise does qualify for the $99 sale and that it should be automatically applied by June 1, as our down payment was posted May10. She advised if I do not see the credit by then to call back. Do any of you remember if fall 07 Freedom cruises would qualify? I just booked that on board also.

39august: Go to the RCI website and click on limited specials and you will see all the dates and ships. There are alot to chose from! We are still getting our shipboard credit for booking onboard:D ...

Lorna: You are welcome, hey you never know, I might need your expertise one day:p ...Later, Jill

You cannot apply this discount to an already booked cruise, but you can cancel that cruise and then rebook to get the discount. We actually did this, and our deposit was transferred from one reservation number, which we cancelled, to a new reservation number. I had to speak to four different people at RCCL to make this happen and was on the phone for about 40 minutes, but it was worth it because we did get the discount.

sicsinohio: You can apply it to a cruise that was already booked, but, it has to be in the time frame when the sale opened. We booked on board Sovereign first week of May and were able to get the discount this week;) . I agree that if you booked a cruise say 3 months ago you would have to cancel and then rebook but if you did so on board you would keep your original booking number or else lose your sb credit....Later, Jill

Ladylawyer, I don't think it applies to the Med, maybe Monarch (If they count Baja as Mexico) and it certainly doesn't apply to the Alaska cruises that I booked. You are missing stuff in the fine print, if that is the case. LOL:D

The discount on RCCL says....

Special limited-time offers of $99 off per stateroom on Bermuda, Bahamas, Caribbean and Mexico sailings are now becoming available.* Passports are required.

Holy smokes, Patti! You're right! I see that there is a list of new 2007/2008 itineraries, but only the ones with the Crown & Anchor qualify for the discount. Honestly, it's pretty confusing, because the link on the website clearly lists our cruise, but I went back to the brochure RCI sent and that's where it was more clear. :o Oh well, like I said, I get to go on a wonderful cruise. And, fortunately, I still get the $300 balcony discount for being Diamond, so I'm really not in a position to complain ... much, anyway. :rolleyes:

By the way, the $99 discount apparently does apply to the Monarch cruise, according to the RCI brochure. And, yes, Baja is Mexico ... last time I looked anyway. Well, I was planning another Monarch next year, anyway.

Thanks for setting me straight and pointing out the really fine print. ~ L

It actually made a little more sense when I realized that the discount was really an offer to offset the astronomical price of a passport - which will soon be required for many of the ports that didn't previously need passports. That's in the not-so-fine print. ;) We've always needed passports in Europe. However, I agree with you, nfused2cruze, it doesn't cost to call.

Archived