Is the PG "Stuffy"?

I like nice things and try to appreciate the finer things in life. That being said...Is the PG "stuffy"? My DH doesnt like to get dressed up, drinks beer and his table manners are not perfect(but he's cute). I myself would much rather be in country club casual than formalwear, however, I like the idea of somebody at my beck and call. Is the PS my type of ship or should I save a few bucks and go for the TP? I drink wine with dinner and I hear that's included which is a plus. I think that the two cruises are almost comparable when you add up the extras that are included on PG. So the question is.... If we are the middle class type, will we feel oput of place on PG? Is it too stuffy ??:confused:

We were on the PG 18 months ago. We enjoy luxury but can't tolerate stuffiness. The service on the PG is exemplary but definately not stuffy. The service, food and accommodations on the PG (our first cruise with Regent) got us "hooked" -- we will be on the Baltic cruise in August and the repositioning cruise next April. Give it a try -- it's almost impossible not to love it!!!!!:)

Jackie

tame_jade@yahoo.com

"stuffy"? I think except for the weather (very humide), there is nothing stuffy on PG.

Your husband will love the ship. Country club casual on PG = Hawaii shirt, long linen pants and sandals for my husband. He said every cruise should be like this.:D Oh, starting next year all alcoholic drinks are free all the time. Also, you don't need to seat with any one if you don't wants to... that is why they have open seat dining.

Go for PG, you will never look at cruise the same way after it.

No, not at all! The first time we were on her, in 2000, I was a bit afraid of that, first cruise and all. The maitre'd, Franco, I admit, intimidated me a bit. He's a bit stiff and formal. But the whole ship feels very relaxed, not prententious at all.

The atmosphere on the PG is anything but stuffy. We've enjoyed three cruises on that ship and we'd go back again in a heartbeat. Service is very friendly while very professional. I think anyone would feel very comfortable on the PG. You'll find fellow passengers from every walk of life. Just go and plan to have a great time!

The PG 7 night cruise was our first RSSC cruise, which we took back in early '02. Before that, we had cruised mainly Royal Caribbean, with a few other lines of similar nature. One of the things that "hooked" us on the PG and RSSC was that it was actually "less stuffy" than Royal Caribbean and the like!

Thanks,

Richard

Archived