Baths if in port 2-10 PM?

39august

Would we be able to get a ferry over to VG and back in this time frame? Someone posted a link to Speedy shuttle, but the site is down. I'm considering booking a HAL which goes to both Tortola and Grand Turk. But if we won't be able to get to the Baths, I won't book it.

8 hours is more than enough time, but you will need to confirm how late the ferry runs between Tortola and V.G. Have a great time.

If I recall correctly they have two companies that run Ferry's between the two. You will need to take a taxi at the other in. I do not recall how far it is from the Ferry dock to the Baths, but we did travel by van.

We are in the same boat (pardon the pun)...we are on the Westerdam and in port from 2-10pm. We want to go to the Baths, but at this point it looks like our only choice is to take the HAL excursion (which picks you up at 2:30pm and is 4 hours).

Smiths run daily ferries (you can see the schedule here: http://www.smithsferry.com/65814.html), but it appears that the first ferry you could take there would be at 3:15pm and the last ferry to return is at 6:00pm - not a lot of time, when you consider is a 40 minute trip.

Speedys (if I recall, since their website is not available) had a variable schedule depending on the day of the week. We'll be in Tortola on a Wednesday, and it wasn't possible to use their service - the timing just didn't work.

You can always consider the excursion offered by HAL - I think its $59 per person.

Hope that helps!

Just so you are aware, we are in Tortola in December on HAL Ziuderdam. I have been emailing Julie at Patouche and they are willing to do a snorkle charter for our unique port schedule (2-11). I suggest you email her and request the same. They may have a minimum number of quests bvut if you post on your roll call I bet you can get plenty of interest.

Smooth sailing,

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked with HAL for Virgin Gorda. I think it said 2:15 and was four hours. Definitely worth it. One of the reasons we booked this cruise was to get back to Virgin Gorda and show DD. I only hope that there are shops open when we return from the excursion.

Archived