getting to know you, getting to know all about you..

jstducky

ok so i started this thread over on the RCI board last week, and seeing as I only frequent the RCI board the HAL board, I thought I'd try it over here as well....

===========================================================

ok so maybe not we don't want to know quite all about you... i think that would be too much information! :o

but lets just start with, where are you from?

i'm from yorba linda, ca (home of richard nixon!), neighboring city to Anaheim and the Happiest Place on Earth (my former employer for 2 years!)

i currently live in west los angeles though after having graduated from UCLA (best school in the world!) 3 years ago!

where is everyone else from?

OK, I'll play.

I live in Chesapeake, VA which you can figure out from my signature. It's in southeastern Virginia, bordering on North Carolina. I'm 44, married for six years last week and we have four kids between us, but only two left at home.

I want to change our two license plates to read "2 down" and "2 2 go".:D

I am from the land of "downunder" where we eat vegemite and have a wonderful life style being one of the safest places (cross our fingers) on earth.

We have two grown children and four grandchildren and lead a very active life.

Jennie

I live in Oklahoma..have for 4 years, however I am a native Californian...Sacramento...lived there 30 years. We left in 1993. My husband was affected by a base closure. From there we went to Kansas for 10 months, Missouri, around 5 years, and now here in Oklahoma. He retired from civil service in November of last year, and now works for a private company here.. I am 41, he is 55, we have been married for 21 years, and he has 2 grown daughters, and we have a 16 year old son.

I am currently a stay at home wife/mother.

Marie

My sig reveals my residence. Love the desert. (I'm currently in New Orleans. Love the city, but I more appreciate the dryness of home with each passing hour! ;) ) My DW is a school teacher and I am a human resources director for a newspaper company. We look forward to retirement some day ... but not quite yet. Like Aussie Gal, we have two grown and four grands. Nothing like it!

• I was born in Dallas, Texas, and lived in Ft. Worth for 1 year.
  • I was raised in Arlington Va for 11 years
  • I was raised in Richardson TX for another 6 years.
  • I attended Southern Methodist University, in Dallas, earning a BA in History, Theology, and Languages.
  • For 7 years I lived in North Carolina, earning the MDiv and PhD degrees at Duke University.
  • Since 1992 I've been living in North Texas, pastoring Churches in Dallas, Trenton, and Wichita Falls. I'm currently living in Seagoville, which is a suburb on the southeast side of Dallas. I've been here 3 years, serving as the Senior Pastor of the First United Methodist Church of Seagoville, and am looking forward to a long stay. Why not? They let me go cruising!!!!!!!

I live in Springfield Township Ohio which is north of Cincinnati. I have 3 children in their early 20's. I am a Certified Professional Project Manager (MIS). I love to cruise. Have been since 1989 when I sailed the inaugral sailing of the SS Atlantic. I have no allegance to one cruiseline and would like to try all the major ones at least one time. One day when I retire many years from now my wish is to sail on a world cruise.

1) Born in Kharkov , Ukraine USSR (it's important as I still think it's one big and nice country, and not just Ukraine)

2) Moved to Massachusetts in 1996 at the age of 24 with my husband who was 23 at that time as jewish refugees.

3) Graduated from Kharkov University with master in Math.Comuter programmer now. (used to be a math teacher in high school in Ukraine)

3) Have 12 years old son Mike who plays re-creational hockey which we take too seriously at times.

4) Cruises were my dream since approximately 9-10 years old!

5) Have 75 years old grand father who is an architect and college professor living in Ukraine and who traveled to every European country except Switzerland which he plans to visit this year... Total of contries he visited is 70 and I think I model my travel hobbies after him.

6) Loved Celebrity and hope HAL won't disappoint. Trying not to pay attention to bad reviews.

7) Looking forward to my first HAL experience on Zuiderdam in August.

8) Trying to improve my English by using these boards. ;)

Can Canadians play to please. Thank you. I'm from Hamilton, Ontario. :D Home of the Ti-Cats. I live in Manitoba now. I have two children who are grown and three grand children. :D :D :D

My relatives live in Manitoba.(Russians too like me) Are you a hockey fan? Leafs, Sens, Flames? I like Canada for many reasons and one of them is a true love for hockey. :) Of course there are more reasons to love Canada.

We , Massachusetts inhabitants love to travel to Province of Quebec. We've almost reached Ontario when visited Niagara Falls long time ago but unfortinatelly didn't have even Green Card at that time to cross the boards.

Originally from the suburbs of NYC (Westchester County area). Lived in Plattsburgh, NY for four years (closest American city to Montreal), a short time in Connecticut, and two years in Orlando FL. Now living in upstate New York near Syracuse/Utica, in a small city Rome.

Why did I leave the warm comforts of Orlando to move to the frigid (and I mean frigid) north? A little thing called engagement. At the time it made sense to temporarily move here because of my now husband. We planned on only staying a short time, but local legend prevailed and once you're here, it never lets you go. I got a great job and we had our DD. My MIL takes care of her instead of daycare and that is too good of a deal to pass up. $500/month savings on daycare means more crusing! :D

We're from Beverly, MA. Lived here for 13 years. We'v also lived in Salem and Methuen, MA.

DH is a native of MA. My dad was with US immigration - bringing us to several states during my youth. Born in Kansas, lived in MO, OK, CA, NJ and VT. Dad now retired in VT, but I moved to MA in 1976. We love living in the "north shore" of Boston. I drive by beautiful ocean views every day on the way to work. Can be in NYC in 4 hours, or the mountains in 2 hours. Lots of weekend get-a-way options in this part of the country!

Vacations take us numerous places. We enjoy cruising and find it a very relaxing way to vacation.

We have lived in Wheeling, WV for last 8 years.

Lived in Kent, Ohio for 30 years before that. DH taught chemistry at Kent State, took early retirement, refused to retire and now teaches at Wheeling Jesuit University.

I was a Visiting Nurse for 34 years and retired 3 years ago (thought one of us ought to).:rolleyes:

I grew up in Arlington, VA (what part of town were you in RevNeal?). DH grew up in Washington, DC (Georgetown).

We met on a blind date and have been married 41 years. He is 65 and I am 62.

We have five grown and married children and have 15 "grands".

We cruise as often as we can and have visited 65 countries. DH says we are travel addicted and need to join a 12 step program.:D

I live in Barrington, Illinois which is about 35 miles NW of Chicago in the land beyond O'Hare. One of these days I am going to update my profile as I no longer live In NJ. This most recent move was #30 ( not a typo) for me.

Hi--new to the boards, but wanted to join in!

Live in Reidsville, NC with my hubby of 25 years. We have three children, two in college (UNC-Chapel Hill and NC State University--what a rivalry!), and one who is a senior at our local high school. My husband is a dentist and I am a speech pathologist. We love cruising and as the kids move on in their lives it is a bit easier to get away, if I would just quit adding dogs to our family. It is the best way I know to alleviate the "empty nest syndrome." Happy cruising to all!!!

Hi, Well, Tom and I have been married for 27 years. We have one son, Andy who is 25. Un married and inbetween girlfirends so no grand kids. We are originally from Iowa where we met, he's from NW Iowa me from Cedar Rapids, IA we met at UNI in Cedar Falls. Married in 77 and moved to Las Vegas in 1978 so we have seen a lot of change in the Las Vegas Valley. Tom has been over 18 years at one of the airline catering companys that supply that wonderful food you received on flights out of Vegas. I was in banking for many years till just over 9 years ago when I started at a Toyota Dealership. I am the Director of Special Finance and work 6 days a week 10 hours a day. With those hours my vacation time is precious, so that is why we plan our cruises in advance and have something to look forward to.:D

We have found that cruising especially with HAL is exactly the kind of vacation we love, I guess it just fits our life style and personality.

1. grew up in Long Island, NY, South Jersey and Dayton, OH

2. college in Atlanta: Emory U--met Ms Bill S there

3. joined USAF - flew B-52s - got out after 5 years - went to law school in Birmingham on GI Bill - went back in USAF as a JAG-24 great years in USAF as pilot & JAG--stationed in GA;NY; a few months over in Southeast Asia; AL; MA; Ankara, Turkey; CO; NV; Pentagon; & OH along the way.

4. retired from USAF in '93 -- returned to Las Vegas & joined law firm --still practicing law with same firm as a partner.

5. married 37 years in August (celebrating anniversary on a HAL cruise, of course!)-I got the best end of the deal! Two grown sons in Reno with one grandson who is 5 mos old today! Ms. Bill S is a RN/administrator with school district

6. have 2 dogs: female shelties---Holly & Bella (11 weeks old)

7. love cruising on HAL-started in '98!

8. next retirement WILL take!

Whew!

Tatka,

I would say, based upon what I've read here, that your English is EXCELLENT. One of the languages I studied at University was Russian. I had 4 years, and participated in a 1 year exchange program with MGU (Moscow State Univeristy) in 1982.

Menya ochen rad svami paznakomitza.

"Grisha"

Otyets Gregori :D

From Chicago, Illinois.

Went to University of Illinois at Chicago, and then Miami University (Ohio) for my BA degree, followed by John Marshall Law School for my JD (law degree).

Married 27 years, no children.

I am 54. My Wife is 55.

I am a native Californian, graduated from Chico State, and went to work as a legal assistant in prestigious lawfirms preparing multimillion dollar cases for trial. The work had me travelling alot and not home much. In 2000, at age 40, I went into congestive heart failure and after too many false diagnosis and too much hospital time, they replaced my mitral valve 6 months later. At that time I decided it was time for a slower pace of life to spend more time with my kids and husband, so I have become a student in Environmental Horticulture at the local college. Gardening and Cruising are my main passions.

I am blessed with 2 great boys from my 1st marriage, ages 16 and 12, and I have recently married my wonderful husband Bob! We celebrated our honeymoon on the Amsterdam last December! My husband Bob is retired and is in the process of planning/building a huge addition to our home here near Sacramento in between cruises:cool:

Tatka,

I would say, based upon what I've read here, that your English is EXCELLENT. One of the languages I studied at University was Russian. I had 4 years, and participated in a 1 year exchange program with MGU (Moscow State Univeristy) in 1982.

Menya ochen rad svami paznakomitza.

"Grisha"

Otyets Gregori :D

Wow... Spasibo. :) It's really interesting to read!

I can't believe how popular Russian used to be here 20-30 years ago.

I love Moscow! You won't believe how it's changed since then. Beautiful and very expensive. We are planning to visit Moscow and St.Petersbourg next year...Unfortunately now as US citizens we have to go thru all visa trouble. :(

Natasha

I live in Southern Connecticut about 20 minutes from New Haven

I am a fire department dispatcher

I am divorced with a 17 year old daughter

GF( shes a graphic designer) and I have been together 4 years and she has a 6 year old son and we are planning on getting married in the near future (any reason just to take a cruise *LOL*) and hopefully having a child of our own

I know I know the age spacing great *LOL*

TVisitor -I also went to University of Illinois at Chicago - probably around the same time you did, since I am the same age.

Still living in Chicago, southwest side not too far from Midway Airport (Brighton Park). Have been married for 31 years. Have 3 children, no grands as yet.

Husband is an MIS manager and I am a Gal Friday, Tax Preparer, Bookkeeper, Secretary, etc for a small office with an accountant and an attorney. I also dispatch for organ transplants on weekends from my home.

Kris

We are Keith and Rita, in our mid fifties, from Southern Indiana. We married in Jan, 1997 in Las Vegas and took our first cruise in Sept, 97. That hooked us! Our next cruise will be our twelfth. Rita has one grown son and I have three grown daughters. Between us we have nine grand kids.

Rita is a civilian employee of our county's Sheriff Dept. and I am part owner of a family ran metal fabricating business-- http://ourworld.cs.com/CCIMETALFAB/myhomepage/business.html

Archived