RCCL lanyards

On the ship, does the stores sell the lanyards to hold the kids sea passes? Do they come with a clip, so we can punch a hole in the pass, or do they come with a clear plastic type pouch to put the pass in? Does anyone have a rough idea of what they go for? Just curious if we should pick some up here and bring them with us.

The cost is abt $3.95 for a clip lanyard. You can purchase them at Walmart for abt $1.99 and when you board the ship go to the pursers office and they will punch the hole for you, or if you are like me:D , got a hole puncher for 50 cents at walmart so as soon as we get our seapass cards I punch a hole in ours;) . I also made a beaded lanyard for myself and get so many compliments about it..Hope this helps you out and have a wonderful cruise...Later, Jill:cool:

The kids that participate in the adventure ocean program get the free lanyards when the sign up on the first day (at least ours did). Also the cards will already have holes punched since this is how RCCL determines if they are allowed to be served beer,wine, and liquor.

I bought two right here from cruisecritic at:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=15

This way, I don't have to waste time looking for one on board and I bought an expensive hole puncher so I'm good to go! "They" say the detachable ones are better for swiping so you don't have to keep taking them off over your head and easier to put into your water safe and/or splash cady.

Have a great trip!

I have 2 we got in the gift shop on Jewel of the Seas. We were just on Adventure and wore them EVERYWHERE. They had a clear plastic pouch that was great, held the cards and our IDs very snugly. Never had a fear they would fall out.

~Jen

I bought one on the Enchantment was a few dollars but no more than $5 at the very most and it did have the clear plastic pouch. I actually use mine for work with my ID badge but you can get them free if doing the adventure ocean and some prizes or you can use ship shape dollars to get them too.

Lexi

DEFINATELY get one that comes apart. You really don't want to keep pulling it over your head to get it swiped; then back over your head. Keep in mind you'll be doing this several times a day.

Do you wear your room key around your neck when you check-in to a hotel? I've just never seen the point of looking like you're at a convention while on vacation!

I might if I never left the grounds of the hotel and everything that I wanted to eat, drink or purchase required the key. A cruise isn't exactly like staying at a hotel...most likely at a hotel we would be leaving the grounds for most activities, and I would be carrying around a purse with money, credit cards, etc.

Because I don't exactly want to look like I am at a convention, though that isn't such a terrible thing, I have purchased a few of the beautiful, handmade, lanyards from this lovely online store, check it out. WomanRare

Also the cards will already have holes punched since this is how RCCL determines if they are allowed to be served beer,wine, and liquor.
- are you saying that if we have a hole in our card they won't serve us drink even though we are obviously over 18!?

Archived