Bringing my guitar on board

pes949

Is it ok to bring a guitar(acoustic) onboard. We are in a vista suite on the stern and it would be nice to strum a few tunes on the privacy of our balcony as we cruise into the sunset while at sea....

I would think it should not bother anyone since it is not loud and we are facing the stern anyway.

Of course we have a really sturdy case to protect it...

Is it ok to bring a guitar(acoustic) onboard. We are in a vista suite on the stern and it would be nice to strum a few tunes on the privacy of our balcony as we cruise into the sunset while at sea....

I would think it should not bother anyone since it is not loud and we are facing the stern anyway.

Watch out for scouts for Princess Idol :D.

The only problem is it may be a bother to your next door neighbors. Not too sure how I would feel sitting on my balcony listening to someone playing the guitar, especially if it wasn't my kind of music.

That's all well and good to play in a public arena, but...

If I was relaxing on my balcony, enjoying the serenity, I would consider the OP's guitar playing a major disturbance if I was an aft neighbor.

Of course, this has nothing to do with the OP's expertise. It would simply infringe on the quiet enjoyment of my rented space.

pes848...Your balcony is not as "private" as it may seem. ;)

On the Sun last year, a passenger brought his trumpet.....he played, most days, a couple of songs with the pool-side band. Also, he played in the Passenger Talent Contest.

On the Sun last year, a passenger brought his trumpet.....he played, most days, a couple of songs with the pool-side band. Also, he played in the Passenger Talent Contest.

We had our Captain on one of our Dawn trips bring his saxaphone aboard. On the evening of the pool party he joined the band for a few numbers.

818885586_DawnCaptPlayingSax.jpg.7add4d77943a63093216df0181a440f6.jpg

We had our Captain on one of our Dawn trips bring his saxaphone aboard. On the evening of the pool party he joined the band for a few numbers.

The Captain can do whatever he chooses to do! To the OP not everyone enjoys the same type of music.

I did check with Princess and it is not ok to bring your guitar unless you are part of one the bands on the ship.

This can't be true because a friend's husband brought his onboard the Grand a few years ago and played a few sons for us during out CC gathering. My daughter has also met young men who have played during young adult gatherings in the evenings poolside. I say bring it - you can play in the privacy of your own room if you're annoying the neighbors... or they can just get over themselves. You might make friends who would appreciate hearing you play... myself included were I on your ship!

This can't be true because a friend's husband brought his onboard the Grand a few years ago and played a few sons for us during out CC gathering. My daughter has also met young men who have played during young adult gatherings in the evenings poolside. I say bring it - you can play in the privacy of your own room if you're annoying the neighbors... or they can just get over themselves. You might make friends who would appreciate hearing you play... myself included were I on your ship!

Guess what would happen if I came on board and 'Blew My Own Trumpet'?:D :D :D

To those who have said that it would disturb them if their balcony was next door to yours..........

I say: Bring it on. I would rather listen to you playing your acoustic guitar ANY DAY over someone smoking on the next balcony, and that certainly STILL IS PERMITTED.

Apples and oranges.

If someone is playing a guitar in a public space such as a lounge or a pool, you have the option to leave the space if you don't want to listen.

No one here has said a word about appreciation. Who knows, we may all love hearing the OP play on his balcony, but, if we don't..............;)

To those who have said that it would disturb them if their balcony was next door to yours..........

I say: Bring it on. I would rather listen to you playing your acoustic guitar ANY DAY over someone smoking on the next balcony, and that certainly STILL IS PERMITTED.

...he probably does not smoke when he plays, nor plays when he smokes....but I am sure that he is very quiet when he smokes.

My husband took a small travel guitar (I think he calls it a backpacker?) on an Alaska cruise with us. He was learning at the time and I think the only person bothered by it was me. :)

Play softly and if it bothers your neighbors then stop, but who knows, they may love it, or not even take notice.

Oui, shame on you! ;) :D

Here's a win-win situation:

If neighbors like your work, charge 'em!

If they don't appreciate your work, CHARGE 'EM MORE!

Might work...I've been offered small sums for not singing :D

Seriously though, if your performance is "discreet" and scheduled when neighborly spectators are otherwise engaged, you should have a blast!! For me the only thing better than music.....and......cruising, is music&cruising. So go for it...discreetly.

.......loving music and cruising....Oui

Archived