How far out....

Toad

do you usually book your cruises? I am just wonderin since we often start planning our next cruise while crusing, however we usually don't book until about six months prior. What about you?

We have booked a number of cruises about a year out. Most are in the range of about 9 months. We want specific cabins and know they sell out so we try to book as early as we can.

Sail: Do you mean a specific catagory or actually a specific cabin?

We always book "S" or "SA"...... depending upon the ship.

We like to choose between about 3 or 4 cabins on the "S" class ships so need to book as early as possible in order to get one of those 3 or 4.

We are doing b-to-b on Maasdam this summer and had to go to a different "S" than usual because it was the only "S" available for b-to-b's for the dates we wanted. I'm sure it will be fine but will feel 'funny' seeing how many times we have been in the other cabins.

Generally, about a year. The longest is 18 months and is coming up in October. Then there was that "emergency" cruise this year that was three weeks from booking to boarding; but that's soooo unusual.

Our 1st cruise was booked on the spur of the moment. Took one about 3 mos. out, being the only one we found with an HC cabin and balcony available. Our next cruise (Nov/06) was booked this March (that's about 8 mos.). I've already been perusing bookings for Apr/May of next year. I need an HC cabin and we virtually insist on a balcony ( a requirement for breakfast..:) ).

I've booked anywhere for 4 months in advance of the cruise out to about 18 months. The Group Cruise to Hawaii was booked about 18 months out. Usually my cruises are booked about a year in advance, though. 8 - 12 months is common.

I usually like to select the cabin I want to book ... I go after certain specific cabins in certain specific categories.

One full year gives me time to save, time to pay, and time to plan.....oh the pleasure..I am currently looking at all the 2007 info, as I work for the school system and have to book cruises around my time off.

Linda

I generally book 9 months to a year ahead of time. That gives me enough time to save the money for the final payment, as well as put in for annual leave at work. My other consideration is I usually book as a single. HAL capacity controls the number of cabins they'll book at a reduced single supplement, so I want to make sure I get on the ship.

Roz

Depending upon how much you may wish to have a certain category cabin, you might find it already sold out. (I hope not.)

The ships are selling out and selling early these days.

If you know what ship you want and what date, it probably is a good idea to make your deposit earlier rather than later so as to not be disappointed.

We book about a year out, sometimes shorter but normally not less than 9 months. The biggest problem is getting good information much more than 18 months out. Sometimes it's available but often not so the earliest we've booked has been 14 months. We book a specific cabin, we're not interested in guarantee cabins/categories. Might add we have a "wish list" of cruises....mostly areas....that we'd like to take. Still on the list are the Med, South America, South Pacific, Europe and Asia. No particular priority to those, we just research and watch for the best deal.

Archived