Carnival Secrets they usually don't tell you about

Cinderellie

Wow - never heard of that before - and I always keep my phone turned off and in the safe!!!! YIKES!:eek:

P.S. Just spoke w/dh who is an RF (radio frequency) design engineer says it is not possible to 'demagnetize' a sim card - nothing magnetic about it!!! May have been caused by a 'static burst' - eg when you placed it into the safe after 'shuffling' along the carpet - or just a poorly manufactured Sim card!)

Cell phone carrier told us it was the safe that did it. Said they had other incidences reported to them just like ours. I only know what they told us....that's not my field. Worked fine right up to putting in the safe and the other cell phone was fine before and after. A fluke ---maybe ----but I won't trust the phones in the safe again. I will find my own "good" hiding spot from now on.

Cell phone carrier told us it was the safe that did it. Said they had other incidences reported to them just like ours. I only know what they told us....that's not my field. Worked fine right up to putting in the safe and the other cell phone was fine before and after. A fluke ---maybe ----but I won't trust the phones in the safe again. I will find my own "good" hiding spot from now on.

:oHow about putting the phones in one of your emptied suitcases? Just turn the phone off so noone can hear it. Did you call your phone services headquarters and told them what had happen? My friend had his phone on the cruise and he had it in the safe and same thing happen to him too. He went to the company and ask nicely what they can do for him and they said that he had insurance and had to pay the difference on a new phone. Which was only 20 dollars.

Okay, I have a tip, but don't flame me for this. I admit it's a little sneaky. And you can blame my husband, it was his idea. He goes to the galley of pictures and finds ours. Then he gets up real close to our picture and takes his own picture of it. That way he doesn't have to pay for our picture. I know. We're bad. Real bad.

:eek:omg - that's hilarious! I don't know if I'll have the nerve to do this tho - and the photo gallery is always so crowded...

Hey, with desserts, can you order something not on the menu? I LOVE Carnival's white chocolate bread pudding ~ oh man, I hope it's on Pride in Oct ~ drool ~ ...on my last cruise, they only had it one night, in the middle of the cruise, and I was lusting for it for the rest of the cruise. Do you know if that order what you want in the dining room applies to desserts:confused::confused:

Really? wow Last time we had to "smuggle it in"...what about Dh cc or southern comfort?

Wine is specifically excluded from the ban. ONLY wine.

From website:

However, guests 21 years of age and older only may bring one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages.

Many people "cork" the wine in their room and bring a glass of wine with them.

Others have commented that they were never charged the corkage fee.

How much are these lanyards? Can't you get them elsewhere (before the cruise) for a lot less than what Carnival charges?

I purchased a bunch on Ebay once, quite cheap... we keep them and bring them on each cruise and have a hole punched in our cards.

I emailed my tour company in Grand Cayman about food for the fish while we snorkel. She said that cereal wasn't good for the ecosystem and recommended bananas. I did a web search and found a site about vacationing on Grand Cayman that said you could bring groceries. So do you think it's okay to bring a banana off the ship? I'd consider it a grocery item. My other thought was to bring a sealed container of tropical fish food from a pet store. Thanks for your thoughts.

Some of the places I have snorkeled they give you dog biscuits so I have taken some on a couple of cruises.....I'm not sure if it's good for the ecosystems either...on our last cruise some people we went with took bagels from the buffet and said they were swarmed with fish......Dennis

We did the same thing on our first cruise... We ordered the extras for the family and such. The second cruise, I forgot to order a copy for the others in our party. After our cruise I called customer service to see if I could order a copy through them. They faxed and emailed the copyright to me!!! I was shocked!!! I didn't think they would do that, but they told me I could go to Wal-Mart or wherever. I took them to Wal-Mart and i had to sign a form and they copied my sheet. No problem!!! $4.95 per page!!!

Isn't there a website where you can print off a release for the Carnival photos that you buy and bring home so you can get copies made? I'm sure I saw something on these boards about it...but didn't write it down. Oops. Someone out there can help, I'm sure.

;)

I just called Carnival service line. They faxed and emailed the copyright waiver to me.

Of course it was the safe, not the cheap piece of crap phone they sold you. :rolleyes:

BTW, nothing, absolutely nothing gets "stored" on the sim card, flash memory maybe but not the sim.

Of course it was the safe, not the cheap piece of crap phone they sold you. :rolleyes:

BTW, nothing, absolutely nothing gets "stored" on the sim card, flash memory maybe but not the sim.

We've always put our phone, ipod & camera in the safe & never had any problems with any of them. But I will admit it's strange that the other person's phone quit working after going into the safe.

The Sensation does not have a deli only the bigger and newer ships do.

The book mentioned- In your cabin will be a hardcover book about your ship.

Carnival now charges for the cakes it brings to your table for your birthday or anniversary. I have not heard that they charge for singing however!

Hi does every ship have this hard cover book or just the Carnival

thanks

UH Wrong.... I have several phones (4 family members plus several "extras") and I can "save" all numbers to a sim card, remove it and put it in another phone and - amazing - the numbers are all available BECAUSE they are stored on the sim card.

BTW, nothing, absolutely nothing gets "stored" on the Sim card, flash memory maybe but not the Sim.

Sorry but, it wasn't a cheap, piece of crap phone, it was a high end, very popular phone and yes, the info does get stored to the Sim card if you so choose to save it to that location. We even have pictures saved to our Sim cards for easy transfer to other phones that use the same type/size Sim. The Sim can even be put into a computer's memory card slot with a size adapter.

Hey, you guys can take the info and benefit from it or toss it as "garbage", up to you. This is what happened and if you don't care to believe it then that is your prerogative. Just trying to help others that may end up having the same problem and wondering "what the heck happened".

Sorry but, it wasn't a cheap, piece of crap phone, it was a high end, very popular phone and yes, the info does get stored to the Sim card if you so choose to save it to that location. We even have pictures saved to our Sim cards for easy transfer to other phones that use the same type/size Sim. The Sim can even be put into a computer's memory card slot with a size adapter.

Hey, you guys can take the info and benefit from it or toss it as "garbage", up to you. This is what happened and if you don't care to believe it then that is your prerogative. Just trying to help others that may end up having the same problem and wondering "what the heck happened".

Thanks for the info... I have never put the cell in the safe - we use them to keep in touch with texting ($.50 each text) while wandering the ship/ports.

Archived