Can someone please explain this on cabin choices??

;) Looking at booking RCCL 06/17/2007, Rhapsody of the Seas, inside cabin, catagory N.

Why are only 2 cabins available to choose from? Do they hold cabins back? OR Do I wait and they open up more?

Can they really be sold out at this early of a date??:confused:

I am not happy with the two choices as one of the backs up to the elevators and the other has a big blank white spot behind it?? Have had bad luck with this!:(

any help is much appreciated.

The website never shows all available cabins. You can call rccl and ask what is really available for your sail date.. and you can book by phone, or you can contact a TA as they also hold "reserved" cabins that are allocated for them to sell.. Good luck finding your cabin. :)

I would suggest you look up cabin availability on a few different .com sites to see if they have anything different. If you don't know any, drop me a line and I will give you the names of a few sites. mx55mom@yahoo.com

Okay, took your advice and I have checked about 5 different sites and yes, these are the ONLY two cabins they show. Oh well, I will have to decide if the price is worth taking one of these.

thanks!!

It is odd that an inside is taken so far in advance. Have you tried putting in more people in your booking request. Not that you need to book more people but when you enter 3 or 4 sometimes you pull more cabins then when you just put in two people. If other cabins pop up that might interest you more call Royal and book that cabin number. Just a thought.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I have also looked at this sailing for my family of three. I have been looking at several different categories and nothing was available in cat L,K,I,H,& G!!! I have checked several cruise brokers too. June 3rd sailing is the same way. Nothing was showing available (June 3rd) for the last couple of weeks and then today 1 cabin shows up in cat L and another cabin showed up in Cat I. The prices are really good right now and I just keep thinking people are taking advantage of it. These sailing dates are right after kids and teachers (like myself) get out of school (naturally a good ole' cruise helps us all unwind). The later you sail in the summer on RCI the more $$ it cost. If we do sail on the Rhapsody in the summer of '07 I am leaning toward the July 1st sailing (DH will be having a birthday during the cruise -- what a way to celebrate). :D However, the other sailings are a little cheaper--you never know.

If there are less than 5 cabins showing in a category, then those are the only cabins available. Generally, the cheapest and the most expensive cabins go first. I would keep looking though as more cabins may come available.

I would just make my reservation in the less desirable cabin. Check the reservation site often. As time goes by people cancel, upgrade or change cabins for various reasons so other cabins usually show up. When you see one you want, call RCI immediately and ask them to switch your room. You aren't commited to your cruise until 2 months prior to departure giving you plenty of time to decide if you really want your original choice should nothing else ever come up. I'm always surprised at how often the room selection changes on some cruises.

I agree 100% with Mommabean. We were in the same situation a few months back with a Mariner cruise - prices were good and it looked like almost everything was gone (this was when they had the $149 3rd person special). Later, many cabins opened up, and I actually changed cabins twice, just a quick phone call. I think that various TAs put holds on cabins, and when they can't sell them they return to the pool.

One more thought as to why availability is low is that some large group may have a huge block of cabins reserved. Those things are done at least 18 - 24 months ahead of time.

The easiest thing to do is to call RCL and ask, and if you find what you want book through them and then transfer to your TA.

;) Looking at booking RCCL 06/17/2007, Rhapsody of the Seas, inside cabin, catagory N.

Why are only 2 cabins available to choose from? Do they hold cabins back? OR Do I wait and they open up more?

Can they really be sold out at this early of a date??:confused:

I am not happy with the two choices as one of the backs up to the elevators and the other has a big blank white spot behind it?? Have had bad luck with this!:(

any help is much appreciated.

Reading your other thread...you say you have 4 in your cabin, so it IS very possible that those are the only quad cabins available.

Archived