Arriving at 3:15 in Fort Lauderdale...possible to make ship sailing at 5?

tripman

This is not me, so please don't tell me that I should come earlier in the morning or even a day earlier, it is someone traveling in my group who refuses to listen to reason. We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess next saturday. The ship leaves at 5 (probably all aboard at 4:30). A family is arriving at Fort Lauderdale at 3:15, is it possible to make it? I know the port is very close, but after getting off the plane, walking to get the luggage, waiting for the luggage, getting to the transportation, etc, will they make it?

The ARE flying with cruiseline air, but Princess told them that they do not guarantee they will make it because they chose to switch to a later time.

So, can they make it?

Anyone following this......I guess that "next Saturday" is today, the 15th....:)

Looks like flight 1902 shoved away from the gate just 4 minutes late. Current ETA into FLL is 2 minutes early! And by the way, the 6:00am flight from Salt Lake City arrived MSP 10 minutes early, so they should have made connections fine.

Looks like the outcome of this is going to be down-to-the-wire!

Heading out soon to see the new Meryl Streep movie ... I suspect this story will be wrapped up by the time I get back home!

Note to Juan: I kept getting emails for that QM2 Labor Day cruise a few weeks ago, so, yes, we actually talked about it!! Sure would be fun, but we can't orchestrate our schedules to make it work. Damn! Are you guys going?

This thread has taken on a life of it's own! Clearly, we're all easily amused and have a little too much time on our hands!!! :D It's been quite entertaining for the last week, but I'm now confused---I thought the flight in question was last Saturday, July8, and, since Mr. Tripman didn't check in thru the week, we've been eagerly awaiting his return to let us know if his wayward relatives arrived in time to make the ship.

What flight is everybody waiting for now?? Did I miss something? :rolleyes: Beav, can you help me out here?

Randy

P.S. Beav, Thumbs up or down on the movie??

It is a little confusing. The OP's first post was on July 4th, and mentioned leaving "this" Saturday. By many definitions, that would have been July 8th. But a later post from the OP revealed this:

I didn't think there'd be so much interest, but I guess I'll tell what happened when I get back, but the cruise leaves on 7/15, so I won't be able to until I get back on 7/22.

So, I guess the definition of "next" was a bit open to interpretation. I do believe the drama is playing out today.

The flight in question is indeed today.

BEAV: WE ARE GOING! We booked this past Wednesday. I'm going along with my partner, a good (family) friend of ours, his sister, and a couple friend of the sister. Group of 6 in all. We can't wait! Would be nice to see you on board. Enjoy the movie. We saw it two weeks ago the day it premiered and really enjoyed it.

It is a little confusing. The OP's first post was on July 4th, and mentioned leaving "this" Saturday. By many definitions, that would have been July 8th. But a later post from the OP revealed this:

So, I guess the definition of "next" was a bit open to interpretation. I do believe the drama is playing out today.

Thanks so much! I DID miss something! :rolleyes: So the torture continues..........

Now the real dilemma is to find out if the ship sailed on time. Anyone know of a website that documents this kind of stuff?

Also, as you recall, these people booked their air through Princess, however they wouldn't guarantee they make the ship since the passengers had requested such outrageous flight times. So the question is.....was a Princess representative still at FLL at 3:15pm to oversee the transfer to Port Everglades? Or did Princess require the passenger's to forfeit the transfers due to demanding to be placed on such a late-arriving flight?

To Redhead05,

Thumbs up to Meryl Streep and Ann Hathaway!!!

To Juan,

Envy and jealousy isn't attractive, so I'm not looking my best today!! But if I can't sail QM2, it might as well be you!!! ;)

I had been following this thread before we left on the Caribbean Princess July 8. We got home yesterday. I know N.W. has had a bad reputation in the past, but we have been flying them from our hometown for a couple years now. I guess we've been lucky & had no problems. Our flight yesterday from FLL to Detroit for our connection arrived 25 minutes early. That's the earliest we've ever arrived for a connection. Our flights over the last couple years have left on time & arrived on time or a little early. Of course, we haven't run into mechanical or weather problems.

I was thinking about the couple flying into FLL yesterday, but we had left at 1:07p.m. yesterday on N.W. before they would have arrived. I will be following this & waiting to find out what happened.

Gail

. So the question is.....was a Princess representative still at FLL at 3:15pm to oversee the transfer to Port Everglades? Or did Princess require the passenger's to forfeit the transfers due to demanding to be placed on such a late-arriving flight? ;)

THe plane landed at 3:15. these people needed to get off and to go to get their luggage. (would suck if the bus waited for these people. bet those people that sat on that bus were fuming if that was the case.

I would guess that the last shuttle out would have been 3:00- 3:30

(I know carnivals last shuttle for a 4pm departure is at 2pm)

More then likly these people made it to the ship with plenty of time to spare...and thinking that their friend dont know what they are talking about since they arrived and were ready to go with tons of time. They will probably do it again on a future cruise

ARGH....I just read this whole thread....why didn't someone get Tripman to agree to post from the internet cafe????? I am dying to find out what happened....

I agree...The suspense is killing me...Haven't had a good laugh in a while and this thread was just what the doctor ordered.LOL:p

Well, we have all had a few good chuckles out of this thread by now; unfortunately, at the expense of tripman (no offense intended at all tripman). I suspect that now that this ordeal has come and gone, this thread will pretty much die a quiet death and go into oblivion unless tripman decides to come back and post the outcome upon his return from the cruise.

Therefore, to keep up the momentum and ensure that all of you who have enjoyed this thread continue to get a few chuckles (a couple of good laughs make your life better, right?) there is another thread on the Europe forum about a woman who only drinks one brand of bottled water and advice is being asked. Here's the link to that thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=378174

Naturally, I have already added my two cents.

Enjoy!

Well, we have all had a few good chuckles out of this thread by now; unfortunately, at the expense of tripman (no offense intended at all tripman). I suspect that now that this ordeal has come and gone, this thread will pretty much die a quiet death and go into oblivion unless tripman decides to come back and post the outcome upon his return from the cruise.

Therefore, to keep up the momentum and ensure that all of you who have enjoyed this thread continue to get a few chuckles (a couple of good laughs make your life better, right?) there is another thread on the Europe forum about a woman who only drinks one brand of bottled water and advice is being asked. Here's the link to that thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=378174

Naturally, I have already added my two cents.

Enjoy!

That is hilarious. Man people can be complicated.

Keep smilin',

:) :) :)

Archived