Ft. Lauderdale Pre-cruise

HB Cruiser

We are looking for a hotel close to the port, not the most expensive, not a Motel 6 either, just something clean and nice to lay our head down and get a good night's sleep prior to our cruise on August 5th.

I have done a search but not found much that helps.

Please help, and THANKS in advance.

Tim

Now you can do a search for the Comfort Inn, and assuming that Jim B is talking about the one in 1700 block of Federal, you will find that his words are the first postive ones ever posted about this hotel.

Scroll back to look at the last 2 weeks of threads. Your question is asked and answered about every other day.

But IMHO here is the best thread for you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=276536

I have found Amerisuites for $69 for the night we need (Aug 4). Is that a good rate for this hotel and for Ft. Lauderdale? I do not know the area very well and don't want a bad hotel or a bad price on it.

Howard, thanks for the thread! That is exactly what I was looking for.

Jim B. thanks for your response as well.

Tim

I have found Amerisuites for $69 for the night we need (Aug 4). Is that a good rate for this hotel and for Ft. Lauderdale? Tim

Tim, that's a great rate, go for it!

DUH!!

Boy did I goof.

I should have said we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Convention Center on 17th 12/26/05 in FLL. It was very nice and when we were checking out two semi trucks were unloading brand new box springs and matresses.

really liked the free shuttle to and from the airport.

The Comfort Inn we stayed at was in San Juan PR and I had just read a question about staying somewhere there night before a cruise.

Tim,:) There is a recent review on this board. I believe the cruiser is Maggie and she posted her experiece.

She also posted some photos.

I have stayed at Amerisuites twice and will be staying there again in

Decemeber. I have always found it just fine for a one night pre-cruise

stay.

It is not a 5 star fancy schmancy hotel;) but for the price it is more

than fine. I got it for 79.00 on ValueTrips.

There are many restaurants and shops close by and it is a 5 minute ride

to the ship!

I would not have a problem recommending it to you:)

DUH!!

Boy did I goof.

I should have said we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Convention Center on 17th 12/26/05 in FLL. It was very nice and when we were checking out two semi trucks were unloading brand new box springs and matresses.

really liked the free shuttle to and from the airport.

The Comfort Inn we stayed at was in San Juan PR and I had just read a question about staying somewhere there night before a cruise.

You had me worried there. We had the misfortune of booking the Comfort Suites on Stirling for a pre cruise one night stay. We'd have been better off sleeping at the airport. That particular Comfort Inn ranks high among the worst hotel's I've ever spent the night in and I've stayed in several cheap hotels, including Motel 6.

Tim~Stay away from Amerisuites. Check the Sleep Inn in Dania, FL. Very comfortable and clean for one night. Free transportation to airport/port. See the reviews on these boards under "Sleep Inn-Ft Laurderdale".

Good luck!

How far is Dania Sleep Inn from downtown - say 17th street, where many of the bigger hotels are located?

Thanks in advance for any info.

About 10 minutes away. Great hotel, great location. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived