Does NCL still offer Bar set ups pre-cruise?

A Sixth?

OK,

I decided to go ahead and order a bar set-up for our upcoming Pride of America cruise and got this reply from the coordinator:

"Bar set-ups are currently not offered on any NCLA ships."

I then asked if I could purchase bottles in onboard shops and pay an extra in-cabin consumption fee, as we have done on other ships. Here is what they replied:

"The ship has advised that a bottle can be purchased at the bar, but it is sold at per shot rate."

How about them apples??? It seems that NCL America is bound and determined to have to spend big money with them if you want to drink!

That stinks!:eek:

Hey shoreguy, can you comment on this?:(

That stinks!:eek:

Hey shoreguy, can you comment on this?:(

Not Shoreguy;) ....but yes, this is true. Different rules because it is US flagged.......and it may have something to do with the Islands, not sure.........but it is true, sorry:o

Hi There

I have been reading the forum for a couple of weeks now, great info, but this is my first post.

We are on the 09/09 Dawn Canada New England in an balcony stateroom.

I emailed NCL last week to enquire about a bar set up and was replied to within 2 days. After a couple of more emails back and forth we have arranged for a bottle of Absolute to be in our stateroom when we embark - no hassle whatsoever!!!!!!! :) ($43.00 inc set up fee)

The email address was courtesydawn@ncl.com.

I hope this helps......

Also I was wondering about cabin assignment...we booked a guarantee BD and upon registering I noticed that our stateroom number was 10632 a BA, will that be it or is there a possibility that this will change again?

Thanks

We ordered for our Oct 2005 cruise and I still have the list they faxed me (faxed sept '05 so not sure if everything is still available). It lists the drinks by type and the price. I scanned it but cant attach it as the file size is too large (and making it small enough then makes it unreadable).

I'd be happy to email it tho if anyone is interested or if someone has a webshots site and wants to post it and then add the link to this thread. Or if you want me to look for a specific alcohol let me know and I'll check the list and post back.

Fozzy, could you please email to me as well? cruisingruth@aol.com

Thanks so much!

Hi There

I have been reading the forum for a couple of weeks now, great info, but this is my first post.

We are on the 09/09 Dawn Canada New England in an balcony stateroom.

I emailed NCL last week to enquire about a bar set up and was replied to within 2 days. After a couple of more emails back and forth we have arranged for a bottle of Absolute to be in our stateroom when we embark - no hassle whatsoever!!!!!!! :) ($43.00 inc set up fee)

The email address was courtesydawn@ncl.com.

I hope this helps......

Also I was wondering about cabin assignment...we booked a guarantee BD and upon registering I noticed that our stateroom number was 10632 a BA, will that be it or is there a possibility that this will change again?

Thanks

Hi,

i tried the email address you have listed and it came back

undeliverable ? could you hlep please? I was also looking for just a regular email address for ncl and could not find one, any help you could give me I would be very thankful

P:confused:

Hi,

i tried the email address you have listed and it came back

undeliverable ? could you hlep please? I was also looking for just a regular email address for ncl and could not find one, any help you could give me I would be very thankful

P:confused:

The correct email address

passengercourtesydawn@ncl.com

Just change the name of the ship for the others passenger courtesy reps.

Thanks So Much, It Worked, They Emailed Me This Morning And It's All Taken Care Of! So Easy That Way No Waiting On Phone.

Thanks For The Information

How did you work this? Did you say what you wanted in the e-mail and then find out about the cost and have another round of e-mails?

Thanks. Beth

If you are a lattitudes member (sailed before with NCL) try this number...they will confirm your status before helping you. 1-800-343-0098. Then ask for the ship's coordinator.

I called this number this morning, got through in about 10 minutes and was immediately put through to the Dawn coordinator. The whole order process was over in less than 30 minutes from dialing the number to hanging up.

I sent an email to the address above for the Sun about a bar set-up. Got a reply today. After exchanging about 4 emails back and forth about what kind of alcohol we want, ours is all set up for our October cruise.

Thanks for all the info!!!

Robin when I called today the person I spoke with was very helpful in telling me what was available and the cost of each. I told her I wanted gin and bourbon, and she quoted available brands and their prices. She did the same with sodas. As I said in my earlier post the whole process took less than 30 minutes plus $92 for two bottles of liquor and six sodas. Beth

All this being said, all of you are exactly right. I just called, held on for nearly an hour, the lady told me she could not do that. I asked for the "Ship's Coordinator", she told me to hold for the transfer, a different lady came on, took my order and said it would be waiting in my room on Sunday. Thanks for the good advice!

Thanks

Lee, your room assignment won't change unless you request it. BA cabins are usually in a good location compared to BB, etc...

I e-mailed the address for the Star late yesterday afternoon: 'passengercourtesystar@ncl.com'. Jennifer from the Star called me back late this morning. We are all set up for our room. $40 a bottle for Bacardi Silver and Smirnoff. They did not have any regular brandies available for in room. Had I known Absolut was the same price as Smirnoff, I'd have ordered that instead. My fault for not asking. I did not order any pop or set-ups, though. Can we bring our own pop/cranberry juice on board? If not, what's the most cost-efficient way to have set-ups in room?

Thanks!

Chris

Archived