Does NCL still offer Bar set ups pre-cruise?

A Sixth?

When we sailed the Sun January 2005, we'd ordered a Bar setup for our room, a litre bottle of Rum and it was waiting for us when we arrived. I think it cost something like $ 30.00, very reasonable I thought.

Do they still do that?

When we sailed the Sun January 2005, we'd ordered a Bar setup for our room, a litre bottle of Rum and it was waiting for us when we arrived. I think it cost something like $ 30.00, very reasonable I thought.

Do they still do that?

As far as I know they still do. I believe it is more like $40.00 plus a $3.00 service charge.

...however, make sure you contact the ships coordinator. Yulexi is the one on the Dawn. Make sure to ask for the ship coordinator when you call the main number. The first time I called, the man I spoke to told me bar setups were not allowed. I had known from reading CC that it was so I pushed a little bit and was able to do it.

It's expensive. I paid $98 for only two bottles of liquor! $55 for a liter of Tangueray!

Hi A Sixth ?, my DH and I were on the Sun the first week of April this year and we had a bar set up in our Suite. 1 bottle gin and 2 bottles of vodka. they were each $40.00 a bottle. Well worth the price.

minimom:) :) :)

The price is $40.00 plus the $3.00 service fee and there is a special number to call. It doesn't make any difference who you speak with: right now I can't locate it, but I am sure Shoreguy will jump in here soon with it. $40.00 is pretty standard for most of the ships. Too some it may seem hight, but compare the number of drinks in a liter to what you pay in the lounge and you will realize how cheap it is. We do spend money at the bars and lounges, but enjoy our in cabin liquid comsumption. NMNita

We ordered our bar set up for our upcoming cruise.

Stoli: $55

Bacardi Superior Rum $50 (I believe)

Higher pricing than the liquor stores, but still better than bringing liquor onboard and having it confisdcated and then having to buy drinks at $5 each not to mention the convenience of having a cocktail on your balcony or in your cabin before dinner.

Don

It doesn't make any difference who you speak with: right now I can't locate it, but I am sure Shoreguy will jump in here soon with it.

It sure mattered who I spoke with - like I said, the first person I talked to told me outright that it was not even a possibility. The same thing happened when a friend of mine called a few weeks later to set up for her cabin.

Shoreguy had posted something a while back about talking to the ship coordinator. That worked like a charm!:D

is this price for a one-time set up or for the whole week with refills? what if you need beer with tomato juice (red beer) for cranky FIL?

If you are referring to the liquor, ithe price is per bottle. I am not sure if they offer refills and if they did, it would be at the same cost or higher.

I believe only soda is available with the bar set up, not juices.

I will be bring small plastic bottles of cranberry juice and cans of tomatoe and grapefruit juice.

I do not believe beer is considered part of the bar set up.

Don

is this price for a one-time set up or for the whole week with refills? what if you need beer with tomato juice (red beer) for cranky FIL?

No re-fills......order 2 bottles if one is not enough. Buy the beer on board and you can get the tomato juice delivered to your cabin or bring it back from breakfast.

OK-I know this one will probably get me laughed off of the boards-but is there any place on the web that I can actually look at a list of what is available?

For instance--when cruising the wife & I like a bit of irish creme in our coffee in the morning, but for us a liter would be overkill-more like a pint would work. Is that available and if so, how much?

BTW-I like the idea of refills!!!! especially if they're free LOL

tia

-Monte

If you are referring to the liquor, ithe price is per bottle. I am not sure if they offer refills and if they did, it would be at the same cost or higher.

I believe only soda is available with the bar set up, not juices.

I will be bring small plastic bottles of cranberry juice and cans of tomatoe and grapefruit juice.

I do not believe beer is considered part of the bar set up.

Don

You can pre-order beer but it is the same price on board and if they have the 2fer you will make out better.

If you order a bottle while you are on board they charge you by the shot:eek: ........and people think $40.00 is expensive:rolleyes:

Never had a problem with getting juices from room service or the buffet.

OK-I know this one will probably get me laughed off of the boards-but is there any place on the web that I can actually look at a list of what is available?

For instance--when cruising the wife & I like a bit of irish creme in our coffee in the morning, but for us a liter would be overkill-more like a pint would work. Is that available and if so, how much?

BTW-I like the idea of refills!!!! especially if they're free LOL

tia

-Monte

Never drink the stuff Monte:p I don`t believe there is a list. This is what I would suggest........order 2 drinks without ice and put it in your fridge for in the morning:D

Never drink the stuff Monte:p I don`t believe there is a list. This is what I would suggest........order 2 drinks without ice and put it in your fridge for in the morning:D

You might want to give it a try (provided you drink that is) or is it the coffee you never drink ;) . Good idea about the 2 drinks. I really don't want to smuggle it on board, but the pint bottles can be plastic and somewhat flat so they will fit in a baggy pocket ;)

You know, since they require the setup be ordered in advance, they could make it easier by providing a list (but I bet they prefer we just order by the drink)

-Monte

"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel`s sake. The great affair is to move."

Ralph Louis Stevenson Love the saying:)

thanks for the heads-up. guess DH and i will be running around bars/buffets to kept him happy with his red beers. if he doesn't get them i can hear it now "what kind of ship is this" etc, etc. you have heard it all before and then some.(bless his heart)

plan to use room service on glaciers day. YES!!!

You might want to give it a try (provided you drink that is) or is it the coffee you never drink ;) . Good idea about the 2 drinks. I really don't want to smuggle it on board, but the pint bottles can be plastic and somewhat flat so they will fit in a baggy pocket ;)

You know, since they require the setup be ordered in advance, they could make it easier by providing a list (but I bet they prefer we just order by the drink)

-Monte

I drink my coffee black and my hard liquor neat:eek: :D

"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel`s sake. The great affair is to move."

Ralph Louis Stevenson Love the saying:)

thanks for the heads-up. guess DH and i will be running around bars/buffets to kept him happy with his red beers. if he doesn't get them i can hear it now "what kind of ship is this" etc, etc. you have heard it all before and then some.(bless his heart)

plan to use room service on glaciers day. YES!!!

Are you sure you are not talking about MY father;) ......sans beer but about everything else:rolleyes:

It sure mattered who I spoke with - like I said, the first person I talked to told me outright that it was not even a possibility. The same thing happened when a friend of mine called a few weeks later to set up for her cabin.

Shoreguy had posted something a while back about talking to the ship coordinator. That worked like a charm!:D

I should refrase my remarks: sorry, I didn't mean it doesn't matter who you talk to, I meant if you have the correct number it doesn't. They will simply send you a form via email and you can fax it back. I have doen the bar set up maybe 10 times, never have I had a problem as long as the right phone number is used. Again, I am sorry for the comment as I didn't mean it that way. Nita

The set up can only be done prior to sailing so there is no re-fills. You can order beer or juice from the bar or room service. NMNita

I should refrase my remarks: sorry, I didn't mean it doesn't matter who you talk to, I meant if you have the correct number it doesn't. They will simply send you a form via email and you can fax it back. I have doen the bar set up maybe 10 times, never have I had a problem as long as the right phone number is used. Again, I am sorry for the comment as I didn't mean it that way. Nita

Thanks Nita. This clears everything up for me.

-Monte

there are times i try to talk his son into giving him away. :D for such a sweet guy...he can turn grumpy in a flash. this will be his first cruise and since he is in seattle right now, we can't talk to him to see what he expects or would want (for a nicer cruise). getting all my "ducks" in a row for a smoother trip.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24791&stc=1&d=1152312601

The # to call is

1-866-625-1159

I never had a problem with calling this number.

with the bar set-up, since they fax you a form...does it list all the liquor items to choose from? don't really know what to get since i usually drink mudslides or mike's. any suggestions. someone said you can get bottle beer in a bucket, 5 for $10 or something like that....

with the bar set-up, since they fax you a form...does it list all the liquor items to choose from? don't really know what to get since i usually drink mudslides or mike's. any suggestions. someone said you can get bottle beer in a bucket, 5 for $10 or something like that....

yes, they will give you the complete list and prices. I do want to forewarn you, the selection isn't like going to your neighborhood bar and requesting almost anything imaginable. NMNita

Archived