Luggage delivery when driving

I'm driving to the Baltimore port and checking my baggage as we board. When might I expect to see it in my room? Will it be earlier since they have it already? Will they deliver the entire family at the same time?

Thanks for all the answers!:)

I don't think is would make any difference if you drive up in your own car, a limo from the airport or the shuttle bus where they unload it and the porters take it. Don't count on it being there any earlier.

Your luggage will get there when the ship delivers it. It doesn't make one bit of difference to them how you go to the ship. If you get there early, there's a good chance you will get it earlier, but there isn't any guarantee. Also, we have had our luggage delivered at 2 different times and there are only 2 of us in the room. It depends on how much luggage fits on the delivery cart. Most times though, we had both our suitcases delivered at the same time.

My experience is that there is no rule for luggage delivery. I have checked in early and late and I´ve received my luggage as early that it has been waiting in the cabin when the rooms were ready at 01:00pm and as late as after sailaway.

I´ve also received my luggage all together and seperated by several hours, like one bag at 02:00pm and the other at 07:00pm.

Typically checked luggage arrives via a staff elevator to your specific deck. The luggage sits there and one by one it is hand delivered to the rooms. With this in mind, several times I have simply walked to the holding area on my deck, picked up my luggage and taken it to my room. No questions asked. To tell you the truth though, there is no need to sweat it as they are very good about getting the luggage where it needs to be in an expeditious manner.

Thanks for the info. I just thought that since we weren't having bags transferred from an airline that we "might" get them earlier. I'll make sure we have everything we need for the afternoon and evening in a carry-on.

I sailed Grandeur a week ago. We got to the pier about 11:00 and checked bags in the parking lot. 2 of the bags were delivered by 2PM, 1 more by 5:00 and the last one about 7:00. Go figure!

Archived