I'm starting to panic

mumom95

Ok, I guess I just need some reassurance. I'll give you the readers digest version. We are booked on the Coral Princess to Alaska southboud that leaves July 24th. But, we are doing an independant land tour first and we leave for Alaska on July 18th. I booked this cruise a year ago and it has been paid in full for about 5 months. I have been planning every detail of this trip (thanks to these boards) and have everything in order. We have a specific cabin, A502. Well, we still haven't gotten our final documents. My TA was calling Princess all last week (or at least she said she did) and they said they were printed on the 19th and should be here any day. Other people on my roll call got theres a week and a half ago. Well, she called today again and they finally admitted that they have had printer problems and are working on getting them printed (they don't know if they ever actually went out, but didn't admit that before) but they cannot guarantee we will get them before we leave for our independant land tour. Now, I have never been on a cruise before, so I don't know if this is a big deal. But I've read about final docs and luggage tags and all that kind of stuff. Is it going to be a big problem if I don't have that stuff. I am one of those people that likes to have all my ducks in a row so to speak, so I am starting to panic. And I'm not thrilled with Princess attitude "well, we can't guarantee anything". Is there important info in the final docs that I need to know, like I said I've never been on a cruise before. I haven't ruled out Princess yet for future cruises since I haven't even been on the ship, but I do have to say my first impressions are not good. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent, I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance that there isn't anything important in those final papers and that not having the luggage tags isn't a big deal.

Ok, I guess I just need some reassurance. I'll give you the readers digest version. We are booked on the Coral Princess to Alaska southboud that leaves July 24th. But, we are doing an independant land tour first and we leave for Alaska on July 18th. I booked this cruise a year ago and it has been paid in full for about 5 months. I have been planning every detail of this trip (thanks to these boards) and have everything in order. We have a specific cabin, A502. Well, we still haven't gotten our final documents. My TA was calling Princess all last week (or at least she said she did) and they said they were printed on the 19th and should be here any day. Other people on my roll call got theres a week and a half ago. Well, she called today again and they finally admitted that they have had printer problems and are working on getting them printed (they don't know if they ever actually went out, but didn't admit that before) but they cannot guarantee we will get them before we leave for our independant land tour. Now, I have never been on a cruise before, so I don't know if this is a big deal. But I've read about final docs and luggage tags and all that kind of stuff. Is it going to be a big problem if I don't have that stuff. I am one of those people that likes to have all my ducks in a row so to speak, so I am starting to panic. And I'm not thrilled with Princess attitude "well, we can't guarantee anything". Is there important info in the final docs that I need to know, like I said I've never been on a cruise before. I haven't ruled out Princess yet for future cruises since I haven't even been on the ship, but I do have to say my first impressions are not good. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent, I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance that there isn't anything important in those final papers and that not having the luggage tags isn't a big deal.
Don't worry, be happy! If your cruise docs arrive before you leave, great. If they don't, just check in with your ID and credit card and you're all set. Bring your confirmation with you. Also, print out a copy of your Cruise Personalizer information to be on the safe side. With your luggage, let the dock porter know that you don't have luggage tags. He'll look 'em up and put them on and they'll be delivered to your cabin. You might consider getting the luggage tags from Magellan and write your name and cabin # on the tags. (http://www.magellans.com/store/Luggage___Luggage_Tags___IdentifiersLA767?Args=)

We have cruised without Docs many times. As long as your name is on their manifest you are set to go. The baggage handler will give you luggage tags to fill in and check your name off the list.

As said before, if your docs and tags don't arrive before you leave, be sure to pack a copy of your cruise confirmation from TA or Princess. Make sure your cruise personalizer has been completed online (or via mail if you did it that way). Have a copy of that cruise personalizer with you when you leave for Alaska.

Baggage handlers will help you tag your luggage with needed info; embarkation desk should have all needed info in the computer and will need your ID and credit card (or whatever manner of payment you are using for cruise).

Stop sweating and don't panic. You need to conserve all your energy to get that packing done and get off to the airport!:D

Have a great cruise.

Dianne

Wow, do I feel better. Thanks for all the reassurance. I'm going to stop worrying about it and get back to packing (which is stressful enough on its own :) ) Thanks again!!

Several years ago, we had booked the last 7 day Alaskan cruise for the season. We were scheduled to leave on a Saturday. On the Thursday before we were to leave, our TA phoned and informed me that the cruise was overbooked and Princess offered us a 10 day cruise to Canada and New England with an upgrade to a mini suite plus $600 shipboard

credit. Of course, we jumped at the chance.

We went to our TA to turn in our flight and cruise tickets for the Alaska cruise. She told us that there wasn't time to have new tickets printed for our Canada & New England cruise.

She gave us two letters for airline tickets and cruise tickets. We had no problems with our

cruise. Cruiseline computers are wonderful since your info is available at checkin.

Here's wishing you fair skies and calm seas for your cruise. ;)

Ciao,

Jack

If you contact Princess Cruise Lines they can have something that reminds me of a e-ticket there at boarding for you.

Since you want to ensure that you do not have any complications. You might want to go to the web site located at http://www.princess.com and create a log in. then fill out your cruise information forms. This will speed up the boarding process. Mine only took a few minutes. Once I reached the check in counter all my info. was on the computer so the guy handed me my sail-n-sign card and checked my cruise documents, passport, drivers license then put my credit card number on my account. That's it, I was done and ready to board.

Don't get stressed over this!!! I would recommend printing everything out that you have, including the info from the princess.com site related to your booking. Take that with you, along with your passport/ID and credit card to the check in at the dock. They will be expecting you! I would also take along the name and phone number of your TA in case any confirmation may be needed, but my personal experience of not having tickets at the dock was very, very positive.

As per luggage, I would recommend marking your luggage with tags and then at least also taping or otherwise noting on your luggage the name of the ship and the cabin you have been assigned. You will also tell the porter at the dock you have no luggage tags from the ship, and he will also tag your luggage. GIVE HIM A TIP even though others may say you don't have to. That way you will most likely see your luggage again. Luggage should arrive to your cabin sometime midafternoon to dinner time.

Your worries will go away when you step on the ship. Enjoy yourself!

FYI, the cruise documents are mailed to you by your TA. I am not sure how they get from Princess to the TA, but I suspect it is electronic.

Right now, it is not electronic. They are printed at Princess headquarters.

Don't worry about not having documents. You will be fine.

Archived