**OFF TOPIC*** - Cruise Fashions & Beauty Forum

Hi Sue,

You sound like a real trooper. Even though it seems very black right now, keep on the journey. Remember other times that you stumbled through and made it out. The light will reappear. I am sending prayers for you and your family.

Natalie

Trust me...after having met her and Rick..that will NEVER happen...let's keep those positive thoughts and ideas coming her way...because, all of us who have met her in person and on these boards know that she and/we will never give up ! LuAnn

Sue, I'm so sorry to hear of this development.

I will certainly be praying for your healing, and for your continued strength to fight this.

Take care and please let us know what your doctors say after you meet with them.

Best wishes,

~e

Thanks again for your kind thoughts and prayers, they mean more than you know.

LuAnn is correct - I am a fighter and don't plan on sitting back and letting this setback get the best of me. I was out this morning gathering pledges for my 12-hour Cancer Relay in mid-June. I'm determined to be there - and also take another cruise (the cruise might be sooner than later though:D ).

Sue

Sue and Rick it was such a pleasure meeting you two on the Radiance cruise. We will be praying for your recovery from

this set-back. We hope to see and cruise with you again. Take care and keep up the good fight!!! John & Priscilla

Sue~ I was on this board a couple of weeks ago and read all the posts about "The Dress". I was moved to tears that day and felt so very happy for you that your cruise was so wonderful. Your pictures were outstanding! We never know what each day will bring us and with the support of family and friends on those "bad" days, isn't it amazing what we can do! Although we have never met, I admire your strength and courage. I have thought of you many times in the past weeks, and I will certainly pray for you and your family. You are an inspiration.....

Hi, Sue,

Sue,

We don't even know each other, but I've been following THE DRESS messages from the very beginning. I cheered when you got the deal of a lifetime on your dress, cheered when you went on the cruise, and was thrilled at your report when you came back. Even though we've never met, I gasped and felt your pain when I read your message today.

All I can say is: Of course I'll add my prayers to all of those already out there. There sure are a lot of them already. I hope there's still room for mine <g>.

And ... from your personality and character that comes through my inanimate computer with every message you post, I feel really good about your will and determination. You just have to be fine!!! Hang in there, and please, please keep us posted. I'm one of many people here who care about you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn from South Florida

I'm shaking as I type this. I am so deeply sorry Sue. I feel horrible for you. It was going so well. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I will bring you up in church tomorrow. My heart breaks for you. I've only read your posts, but I feel like I know you, just as everyone else posting in this forum does. My heart is out to you.

Love,

Nancy

PS. I mentioned you to my husband as I was typing this. I'm crying so he asked why. He looked at me stricken and asked, "Is that the nice lady with "the dress?" You've touched my whole family.

As a fellow brest cancer survivor, I'm praying for an effective treatment for you that eliminates this horrid disease. Know you are being prayed for by many.

Take care.

Oh dear, I didn't want to make anyone cry. And, while I'm not quite as optimistic as I was a week ago, I am still remaining positive. A good friend sent me a story about attitude which really hit home with me - probably because I'm bald too. Here it is:

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head. "Well," she said, "I think I’ll braid my hair today." So she did and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head. "HMM,” she said, "I think I'll part my hair down the middle today." So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head. "Well," she said, "today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail." So she did and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head. "YEAH!" she exclaimed, "I don't have to fix my hair today!"

Attitude is everything. Today I'm still feeling good. The rain stopped and I puttered in the garden. Out-of-town friends popped by for a brief visit. I read all of your beautiful messages. I have much to be thankful for.

Sue

Oh puh-lease. I cry all the time. I wear my emotions right out there for everyone to see Sue. I just do. I am a moron in the corporate world, which is why I write.

Life is a precious gift. I lost my mom at 16. She was hit by a car. All we ever have is this moment, no guarantees, no promises, but the hugs we get right this very second. You are strong and have hope, that says a lot for you. You appreciate the moment.

and remember. Hair's nice, but you'll be cooler this summer. Hugs.

I have other things I want to say, but I can't get them out right now. Isn't that just the dumbest thing. I'm a writer too.

Hi Sue,

My husband Tom and I are good friends of Karen and Bob's.

I, too, am teary eyed reading all that you have gone through and all that you will go though. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you day and night. You are a lovely, vibrate, beautiful lady inside and out. Please never give up hope.

Bless you,

Peggy

Archived