**OFF TOPIC*** - Cruise Fashions & Beauty Forum

Many of your know that I was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer in February. This is a nasty aggressive and thankfully rare type of breast cancer. Because of the way IBC presents itself — it isn't found by mammography or ultrasound — is often in an advanced stage by the time it is diagnosed (but I urge all of you ladies to hustle out and get your annual mammogram). The most successful treatment for IBC is chemotherapy to shrink the tumor to an operable size, followed by a mastectomy to reduce the total number of cancer cells and radiation to kill remaining cancer cells.

My chemo treatments have been tough, but happily my tumours shrunk after each treatment and I was even to take my most magnificent cruise through the Panama Canal in late April – wearing "THE DRESS" too. This cruise couldn’t have been better and I felt soooooo good the entire cruise - if I hadn’t seen my little bald head in the mirror, I would have forgotten that I was sick. I had another chemo treatment immediately upon my return and my doctors were pleased with my progress – so much so that they cancelled my final two chemo sessions, which left me only two more rounds before my surgery.

What a difference a week makes – the mass returned overnight (as it had appeared originally). Spent yesterday at the hospital for more tests and the news doesn’t look promising. It appears the chemo has stopped working and the surgeon I met with feels the mass is too large to successfully operate.

It is a long weekend here in Canada, so I won’t be able to meet with my regular surgeon or see my oncologist until Tuesday to see where we go from here. I am not going to give up this easily, but right now my world seems quite black. – even the sun, which has been shining all week, has disappeared this morning.

I’m a firm believer in the power of prayer, so I’m pulling out all stops and asking for yours.

Sue

You have the right spirit to fight, fight, fight. I will keep you in my prayers:) . When the sun shines, rush right out and get in it. The warmth and the feeling you get will give you the best feeling. I call it a ray of hope and sunshine.

Linda

Sue,

I'm so sad your cancer has returned. Hoping you can find a different chemo and / or a clinical trial will help.

I'm glad you got to go to the Panama Canal and that you had fun. I admire the fact that you went between treatments. That took a lot of faith.

You're in my prayers.

Oh Kamloops! I am so sorry to hear of your setback :(

I admire your positive attitude, you are inspiration, please let us know how your doctor's appointment goes and enjoy Victoria Day with your family.

Cass

From one Canadian to another, please know you are, and will continue to be in my prayers . I hope this is just a minor setback that can be overcome with good doctors and prayerful friends. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Hugs to you. )( (squeezes you tightly)

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Please don't give up! My dear friend was diagnosed with a very advanced stage of IBC 9/11/01. They gave her little hope for longevity. She is with us still and refuses to give in. I think she's on her 5th or 6th type of chemo....each time one stops being effective they try another. She had a double mastectomy after the first round of chemo and along with the conventional treatment she is doing other things as well. All of it seems to be working with her courageous, amazing outlook, so please keep fighting. In the 4 1/2 years since her diagnosis she has seen her daughter marry and held her first grandchild, and never, never given up hope. I will hold you in my thoughts as well. Penny

Archived