**OFF TOPIC*** - Cruise Fashions & Beauty Forum

Where is "The Dress" thread now? I think I remember reading it but now I can't find it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=317553

Sue, I keep checking this board for an update. I know you won't see the doctor until tomorrow. I do hope you'll come back and post for us. We're all thinking about you!

Ladies,

I am truly overwhelmed by your kind words of encouragement and prayers, as his my darling husband.

We are in surprisingly good spirits and I'm hopeful that tomorrow my oncologist will have news that my team has devised a new chemo concoction for me.

As soon as I have news - and it WILL be positive - I'll post again.

Thanks again to each of you - your messages have meant so much to me while I've had to sit at home these past three days - waiting.

Sue

I just read your "dress" thread again. You look so elegant even with the bald head. Hey if men can look great bald, some women can also and I think you are one of them.

Keep up the faith and I will keep checking in to hear about your progress.

I am sorry to hear this! but I am also a firm beleiver in prayer and ALSO the power of your own body wanting to beat the odds! I have a friend, now 41, who was diagnoised at 32 with breast cancer.

She was given a double radicial mastetomy.Still she was told after the surgery it was terminal, as it had spread more and that she had, at the most 2 years.

Well, she is still kicking! she does have health problems such as her right arm is almost useles from all the chemo and radiation she has had but she is here! She beat the odds! You can too!

Hi, I'm so VERY SORRY to hear this news. Please please don't give up hope. Never give up hope. Of course I will pray for you.

I'm sorry I just read this post as I was away for the Victoria Day long weekend with DH or I would have responsed earlier.

Please know you will be in my thoughts and prayers and I hope to hear some positive news after you meet with your doctors today.

Please try to stay focused on the positive, no negative thoughts, I do believe in the power of positive thinking as well as in the power of prayers.

Sue, I've never met you either, but did follow your "THE DRESS" thread. I truly enjoyed hearing your dress story, loved seeing the pictures and hearing about what a great time you had on your cruise. You were so upbeat and positive about the whole wig issue and just looked absolutely radiant with and without the wig! I'm so, SO sorry to hear your latest update.:mad:

I am adding more prayers from IOWA to your list...you WILL wear THE DRESS again in good health!

BTW...I heard of a woman once who was in a similar position and she got a map of the US and Canada and put pins in it where she heard she was getting prayers from...seeing that she was receiving prayers from different spots all over the US and Canada helped her stay positive.

That is in the floataway lounge, I found it by accicent when I was going to leave a note after the "tragedy" recently when notes of condolances were being posted.

It's called "OT, I know this is not the place", it's a very inspirational topic and a great "support group". I think it has something like 63 pages and the ladies are just fantastic. We pray for each other.

I just read the story of the Dress and saw the pics of you in it. You look fantastic, and the dress is beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes.

I too am a BC survivor, six years. You can do it, I know you can. I wish for you many many more healthy and happy cruises that you can wear your beautiful dress.

I too followed your wonderful dress story and am so sorry that things aren't going so well for you at the moment. From what we read over here, however, you couldn't be in a better country for cancer treatment.

Praying that things improve for you,

Mary

That is in the floataway lounge, I found it by accicent when I was going to leave a note after the "tragedy" recently when notes of condolances were being posted.

It's called "OT, I know this is not the place", it's a very inspirational topic and a great "support group". I think it has something like 63 pages and the ladies are just fantastic. We pray for each other.

I just read the story of the Dress and saw the pics of you in it. You look fantastic, and the dress is beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes.

I too am a BC survivor, six years. You can do it, I know you can. I wish for you many many more healthy and happy cruises that you can wear your beautiful dress.

THAT'S where I saw that! I thought that was such a neat idea. I think it really lifted that woman's spirits to see how many people from so many different places were praying for her! Thanks, MrsMoose for the info!

Hi Sue. I'm so sorry to hear of your latest setback. You WILL beat this beast! My mom was diagnosed in January 2004 with pancreatic cancer and again this past September with breast cancer. She is 75 years old and still going strong. Attitude is everything! Miracles happen and I am praying for one to be sent your way. God Bless you and your family. Wanda

May God bless and keep you and your DH. You are in my prayers and I will add you to the prayer lists of my family and friends. I know you can beat this thing. Its hard to understand why we are given these trials but the good news is trials can bring us closer to God. I know he has a plan for you. A scripture that meant a lot to me during my bout with breast cancer was:

Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I liked the fact that God has a plan for each of us and it includes a future!

I am the lady with the "map" that was mentioned earlier in this thread. When I was diagnosed, I started a thread on cruise critic which was moved to the floataway page and is still going strong. I asked for prayer and support and over the almost two years, I have received both and been able to give both to others who have needed it. Feel free to join us if you want but I'll be glad to mark this thread as a favorite and check in here to see how you are doing. I know that you have a hard road ahead of you but you sound like you are a very positive person and I know that with that attitude, your faith in God, the support of your DH and family, and the prayers of friends -- you will do well no matter what.

Lisa

p.s. I highly recommend getting both a US map and a world map. I got mine at a local teacher's store - cheap paper versions that we posted on dark blue (ocean) foam board and mounted on an easel. I put in red push pins for family members and all the other colors for friends (both personal friends and cruise critic friends). It was very uplifting for me after surgery or chemo to lie on the couch and look at that map. I think it made Steve, my DH, feel good too. We knew we were not alone. We still have it up and every once in a while I get someone new on my thread who is praying for me and I add another push pin! I still need prayers as I go for 3 month follow up appointments, bone scans, x-rays, etc. but I am feeling great and I know that you will be too. If you start a map, I'm sure everyone who has responded so far with prayers would be happy to let you know the state or country they are from. Just a thought.

Lisa,

YOU'RE the one!! I posted on your 'prayer thread' quite some time ago! I meant to go back and check up and couldn't find it again! I hope you are doing well and it is good to hear from you!

I thought the map idea was such a neat thing...I'll bet you just felt overwhelmed looking at your maps and seeing so many little pins!

The power of prayer is awesome!

Take care!!!

Lisa,

YOU'RE the one!! I posted on your 'prayer thread' quite some time ago! I meant to go back and check up and couldn't find it again! I hope you are doing well and it is good to hear from you!

I thought the map idea was such a neat thing...I'll bet you just felt overwhelmed looking at your maps and seeing so many little pins!

The power of prayer is awesome!

Take care!!!

HI.. If you go up to the USER CP and click there it will list all the threads you have participated in! You will never lose someone that way! :)

Sue,

I'm praying for a whole lot of people I know here in my town as well as a whole slew of people online. But I say, hey, what's one more? There was a study done some time ago with 20 AIDS patients. For the first 10 people they asked churchgoers who didn't know them at all and never met them to pray for them. For the second 10 they didn't do anything (poor souls). After 6 months the first group still had all 10 living. With the second group, if memory serves me right, it was 4 that died. So I ask everyone, does prayer help or not???....and these people didn't even know who they were praying for, just the names. Good luck Sue. Yes, I will pray for you.

Has anyone heard anything today? I am hoping it was good news.

Sorry to keep you all in suspense. Spoke with the nurse at the cancer clinic who advised me that my oncologist wouldn't have the results of my latest biopsy and tests which were done on Friday until tomorrow. So, I must wait another day. I'm feeling very calm, not anxious in the least during the day - but sleepless nights prevail. Guess my sub-conscious is working overtime. I'll post a report - good or bad - tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks again to each of you - your messages have buoyed my spirits and I'm quite sure that all of your positive energy is what is keeping me calm and positive.

Sue

Sue, may God bless you in this difficult time. You're in my prayers. My cousin has fought breast cancer twice, in both breasts, and then fought uterine/colon cancer 4 years later. She's in remission now and has been that way for 5 years.

Archived