Fort Lauderdale for Oct 28 . . .

debshomespun

Looking for a hotel room for Saturday, Oct. 28, as we are leaving on the Holland America Westerdam on Sunday. Some of the hotels are sold out already, Amerisuites, Holiday Inn express. Is there something special this weekend? I searched the Fort Lauderdale city calender of events, and nothing was listed. Maybe someone here would know about something special going on in town that weekend??

Also, in checking Hotwire, there was nothing available in the downtown area. Any suggestions? Thanks all!

Deb,

I'm having a similar experience but for January 28th 2007! I find it difficult to belive that so many hotels in FLL are full for a Sunday night at this point. I was able to find a reasonable rate at the Ramada near the airport that I grabbed but intend to keep looking. (I just checked and they have rooms available for Oct. 28th.

Good Luck!

Babette

RAMADA INN - AIRPORT/PORT EVERGLADES

2275 STATE ROAD 84

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL, UNITED STATES

Debshomespun - You will be in Ft. Lauderdale during the International Boat Show. If you would be willing to rent a car, you might be able to find something a little more reasonable in the Ft. Lauderdale suburbs - Plantation, Tamarac, Weston, etc. It is easy to get around by car and you would be able to get to restaurants and shopping as well as sightseeing.

Squirrel's Mom - You will be in Florida during the busy winter months. Rates are generally high at this time. Also, the Super Bowl will be in Miami the following weekend so there may be further demand for rooms all along the I-95 corridor.

Deb' date='

I'm having a similar experience but for January 28th 2007! I find it difficult to belive that so many hotels in FLL are full for a Sunday night at this point. I was able to find a reasonable rate at the Ramada near the airport that I grabbed but intend to keep looking. (I just checked and they have rooms available for Oct. 28th.

Good Luck!

Babette

RAMADA INN - AIRPORT/PORT EVERGLADES

2275 STATE ROAD 84

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL, UNITED STATES[/quote']

The Super Bowl is in Miami on 2/7/07. You'll be lucky to find anything in the area a week before or a week after the game. Be that as it may, I'd try to find another hotel then the one you've reserved, it's just plain NASTY :eek: !

Archived