Miami Hotel ?

lv2cruisgrl

Yes! It's a beautiful hotel... very upscale! Great rooms, great staff and in walking distance to Bayside Marketplace. You will love it! (Unless you want to pay ALOT more, don't ask for a room overlooking the port! I inquired about it, but the cost wasn't worth it--we got a room with a "partial" view of the port area--that was just fine! And, it didn't cost extra!)

Yes great hotel, ask for a harbor view. I did this, even using a discounter, and watched my ship come in at 5am. Nice stroll to Bayside, lovely room, all amenities and the staff was very friendly. Plenty of cabs to take us to the port too.

What did you not like about the Hyatt Regency Downtown? Just curious. :)

It is attached to the Convention center and there was a school graduation the morning we were to get on our RCCL bus to get to the ship. Well the graduation was over and the parking lot was such a mess of people trying to get out, students and parents hanging around that the place was a mess. The staff didnt handle it well and we waited forever before the traffic cleared and we got on the buses. So we dont want to go back there as they have many events in the convention center that fills the hotel with way too many people in the lobby.

I just booked the Intercontinental on hotwire for $95 plus tax. The total cost came to .53 cents more than I was going to pay to stay at the LaQuinta. I am so excited. I was afraid to hit the "book it" button because I didn't know what was going to happen. LOL It all worked out and I am very happy!!!

Wow, those are great prices for November. I bid Priceline back in January and won $132 (which I was happy with!).

Lovrccl, what can you tell me about that area- between Intercontinental and the Hyatt regarding breakfast cafe, restaurant other than a Starbucks type place. I know about lunch & dinner places but love a nice local breakfast spot within walking distance. I Understand, those are very expensive at Intercontinental.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Lovrccl, what can you tell me about that area- between Intercontinental and the Hyatt regarding breakfast cafe, restaurant other than a Starbucks type place. I know about lunch & dinner places but love a nice local breakfast spot within walking distance. I Understand, those are very expensive at Intercontinental.

I have no idea, we always eat breakfast at the hotels we stay at, just for convenience. Sorry I couldnt help.

I am trying to book the Intercontinental In Nov also. I have never bookd w/priceline. Did you use the downtown Miami area and how many stars?

any other priceline tips for a newbie?

Go to biddingfortravel.com and see the hotel list for downtown Miami. It lists the hotels and their ratings. This website also offers advice on bidding. You can also see the $$ bids that others are winning. Here is a direct link:

http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingmiamisoflorida.showMessage?topicID=452.topic

http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingmiamisoflorida

Hi lovrccl:

We're also staying at the Intercontinental before our Freedom cruise in December...(New Years Eve Cruise). Please post a review of the hotel and your Freedom cruise when you return. We're Diamond members with RCL, but I get as excited each time I cruise as if it were my first time.

I only have five months to wait. We've done several New Years Eve cruises and they are the best ever. I know the Freedom is going to be great. We were on the Adventure of the Seas this past March and really loved that ship. We've also been on the Voyager. I love the big new ships and I think the party for New Years Eve on the Freedom is going to be a really fun time.

I was also wondering about the Intercontinental. I will be awaiting your review of both hotel and cruise when you return.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10 (Anita):)

Thank you topazz11!!!! I wanted to book 1 night before our cruise at the intercontinental but there website was over $200.00 for the night. I was so nervous when i hit the continue button. you are a life saver and made my day!!!! i did exactly what you said... went to hotwire, serach downtown miami, and picked the first 4 star hotel and i got the one i wanted! Will you get anything in the mail from them? Thanks again, Ashley

I just booked the Intercontinental on Hotwire for our precruise on the Valor, 4/22/07. I was going crazy trying to get the IC or the Holiday Inn. I was looking for days and the price was just going up. Hotwire offered a three star in downrown for $113.00, but I wasn't sure I would get the HI, so I went with what I was almost positive was th IC. The total cost is $2o9.00 but I feel much better now that I have a good room! This must be a very busy time in Miami because Priceline would not even accept a $150.00 bid for the IC. This is a great load off my shoulders. I never would have thought it would be this hard to get a deal this far in advance. Someone posted something about avery large professional bike race taking place that week in Miami. Can't wait to get on the Valor. All Plans, except side trips are complete.:o

Has anyone ever stayed in Miami at the Intercontinental before a cruise? We are going there in Oct before we board Freedom and wondered how it is?

HI - I live in Miami and every year my husband has an ADA event there and we stay for a night. They are gorgeous rooms with nice big bathrooms and if you get one with a view towadrds Bayside and the Bay you can see the cruise ships nicely! Make sure to get a non smoking room if you do not smoke b/c we got a smoking room by msitake and it wreaked so bad that I had to go change it imediatly. The gym is also very nice and they offer massages as well, which I always get one when we are there.

Its minutes away from the port and Bayside shopping mall where you can shop as well as eat a good restaurants such as Bubba Gump Shrimp, Hooters, Los Ranchos (Great steak).

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask :)

cruiser...I called the hotel directly to confirm a king size bed and asked for a bayview so I could see the ships in port. They said they already had a king size listed andthat he would put my other request in. he said to ask for bayview when we check in. I wasworried that the hotel wouldn;t have the reservation, but he had it five minutes after I booked it online. I don't think y ou get anything in the mail. I am bringing my confirmation from hotwire just to make sure.

I will be staying at the Intercontinental in December. We won't be arriving until around 9pm or so. I know the shops at Bayside close at 10 but do you know about the restaurants? I am assuming they are open later. Also do you know whether there is a Cuban food place there? My oldest daughter really wants to eat Cuban when we get there. Not sure about it myself, I've never had Cuban food before.

Thanks for the help

I will be staying at the Intercontinental in December. We won't be arriving until around 9pm or so. I know the shops at Bayside close at 10 but do you know about the restaurants? I am assuming they are open later. Also do you know whether there is a Cuban food place there? My oldest daughter really wants to eat Cuban when we get there. Not sure about it myself, I've never had Cuban food before.

Thanks for the help

I'm pretty sure the restaurants are open later than the shops as that is the norm for all of the malls that have restaurants. As far as Cuban food you definately try out Bongo's Cafe which is owned by Gloria and Emilio Estefan and it is right next to the entrance of the port and connected to the AA Arena. Here is the website. There is a menu so you can see what kind of food they have...Cuban food is pretty good. Although I am Latin American, I have never been big on any Spanish food....I grew up in Louisiana and like good ole cajun cooking :)

Might I suggest a Cuban Sandwich (Pork, Ham, Swiss Cheese and a pickle) or if you really want to delve in the food...try a Bistec de Palomilla....you won't regret it and don't forget to have the VERY delicious Mojito....my FAVORITE drink!! It has crushed mint leaves, Rum, soda and sugar with a lime.

http://www.bongoscubancafe.com/miami/index_miami.html

Just remember if you want the Intercontinental for Miami that you choice the one that says customer favorite and has laundry facialities. If it doesn't state that then it isn't the IC.

<param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="never" /><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdownD1.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=12&tday1=17&thours1=0&tminutes1=0&event=First Cruise&clr=0xFF0000&tseconds1=0"> <PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=0xFF0000> <EMBED src="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdownD1.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=12&tday1=17&thours1=0&tminutes1=0&event=First Cruise&clr=0xFF0000&tseconds1=0" loop=false menu=false quality=high bgcolor=0 WIDTH="257" HEIGHT="160" NAME="a" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="<A href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED><br><a">http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED><br><a href="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/index.htm" target="_blank">Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com</a>

Archived