Need help about Antigua? I'm your guy

Antigua-Guy

I'm looking for a beach with white powdery sand, calm clear water, a beach bar, place to rent chairs, maybe some snorkeling too but not too commerical and not too crowded, certainly no large hotels towering over the beach. My friend, originally from Antigua, says to go to Turners Beach and you too also reccommended it. Is there one better than this? Is there any snorkeling to be had at Turners Beach? How far is Turners Beach from the cruise terminal? Thanks in advance for your answers!

it seems as though many of the shops and even now the tour operators are gonna be open since there will be several ships in town that day (public holiday)

We will also be there on Nov 1st. Was planing on going to Turner's Beach.

Can you tell me if the Beach Bar will be open???

Thanks so much for all of your information.

• 4 weeks later...

A-G

First, thanks for all the great info!

One specific Q:

My wife & I will cruise NCL out of Miami on 12/3, visiting both St John's in Antigua and St Thomas in the USVI. We like to walk around the ports-of-call, and we want to try out kayaking. We can do one at each location, so here's the Q: should we kayak in Antigua and walk around Charl-Am, or kayak St Thomas and walk around St Johns?

Hi,

We will be in Antigua on Sunday Dec 3, 2006. We had hoped to find a sail / snorkel trip - but are having trouble locating anyone who both goes out on Sundays, and is not contracted with the cruise lines.

We were there last March and did a great land tour with Lawrence - so this time we wanted to see the island from the water.

Is there someone you could recommend.

Thanks,

seabum - we must be on the same cruise, you must be on Sun Princess as cruisecal.com shows it as the only ship in port on 12/3. I still haven't decided what to do, have you?

Yes - I believe that we are on the same trip - Sun Princess 11/30-12/10

Having recently been to Antigua - and having no luck in finding a water tour that we were intersted in (that isn't contracted by the ship) I'm still not sure what we will be doing that day - we are considering going over to Barbuda for a change of pace. Still researching - the ferry times look really tight - but worst case it's only +/- $130 to fly to St Lucia if we miss the boat.

I. If you've never been to Antigua - Lawrence of Antigua does a great job with his land based tour. We loved it last March.

Seabum

Antigua guy, you recommended the grilled lobster at Turner's Beach. Is there only one place to eat? If not, what is the name of the place you recommend? We will be there in January. Thanks. Marlyne

fireboss, you can only rent little boston whalers from Paradise Boat Sales and it isn't cheap. You also gotta be pretty careful because there are so many unmarked reefs. If there is no ground swell the snorkeling around hawksbill can be nice, but most of the winter we get ground swell generated by big cold fronts which leave the us coast. better snorkeling up in the Norht Sound and on the South of Antigua. To get to these places you usually have to go with a boat.

Most companies that sail on Sundays are booked through the ships. There are several small operators with private sail & snorkel tours that you could try. If you need further info you could give me some info as to what u are looking for and I will direct you. my email address is:hya_9@hotmail.com

Hope this helps

Ok Antigua Guy,

A group of us have booked a March, 2007 cruise and we dock in Antigua on 3/13/2007 from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm. What we like to do is hire a local guide for 5-6 hours which includes a tour of the island, stopping at local places of interest, do a little shopping and then spend the last 1-1/2 hours (or longer) at a beach to swim, relax, have something to eat & drink & snorkle before going back to the ship.

I'd say right now there would be a minimum of 6 people with the possibility of up to 15 people who would be interested (if the price is right) in this type of tour.

Who can I contact to set this up?

headusher

Archived