Need help about Antigua? I'm your guy

Antigua-Guy

NOTICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if you realize it,but Antigua-guy, the starter of this thread had not posted since October 18th of 2006.

So your questions might get better answered in new threads so people who do have the answers do not have to read the whole thread.

Steve

Hi Antigua-Guy - we will be in Antigua in March - it is our favorite island we where there last year and went to dickenson bay - it was great but we were looking for a little quiter place this year - we have read about a couple of beaches - here they are - what do you think?????

1) long bay beach, 2) darkwood beach and 3) jolly beach

just need a chair and somewhere to get a drink.

thanks any help would be great

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Antigua Guy! We are considering either Eli's Eco tour or Miguel's tour to Prickly Pear Island for the day. We are also doing an all day sailing tour in st thomas (rumbaba charters) and wonder if doing that back to back with Eli might be too similar. What is your thought regarding Eli's tour vs. Miguel's?? Or would you suggest something else altogether?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!;)

Tracie O.

Thanks Steve...I noticed he was gone, but not until after I posted my question. Do you have an aponion regarding Eli's tour vs Prickly Pear Island with Miguel?? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Tracieo,

Sorry I cannot offer any help on either of those tours for you.:(

Steve

Hello Antigua Guy :)

First of all thank you for your offer of help to us all poor lost tourists!!! :p

I was wondering if you could advise me: should I pre-book a tour of the island or is it safe enough to just take it as it comes on the day (only more one week to go!!! :D) and just hire a driver for a tour... Are they reliable and safe?? And cost-wise, which makes more sense? We are 2 people...

Thanks a million!! :)

Hi Antigua Guy,

My husband I are going to be in Antigua on the Crown Princess. We are torn between two of their excursions:

Circle Antigua by Sea (on the Excellence)

Tropical Trails 4WD Safari

We love seeing beautiful views and love looking at the turquoise waters. We are avid picture-takers. Do you know anything about where these two tours go specifically and if you would recommend one over the other?

Any help you can give me is much appreciated!

Many Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

Antigua Guy thanks for the help. I am taking my daughter on a cruise in May and I let her decide what to do. On your island she has picked an excursion called "Mini Boats and Hidden Beach Tour" I have read some not so wonderful reviews. Can you add anything?

As previously stated by Steveaaa on more than one occasion, Antigua Guy is gone!

Three or four months ago when he was active on this board, he arranged for my family to be collected by a taxi driver called Charley and taken to the Stingray Park where he said he'd booked us in.

Two weeks ago I emailed a courtesy message to him to confirm that we'd still be arriving on our due date (13 Feb). My message bounced back to me as 'recipient unknown.' When we arrived in Antigua, we still went to the meeting point as arranged at 10am and waited for 15 minutes but Charley didn't appear - which to be honest, we didn't really expect. We weren't that bothered really as we hadn't paid anything.

We couldn't take a chance to pay another driver to take us across the island to the stingrays as you have to book in advance, and as Antigua Guy had seemed to disappear along with Charley we assumed we wouldn't have a booking. So we got another taxi driver who gave us a great tour of the island followed by a stop at Millers Bay beach. This was a lovely quiet beach but had beds, umbrellas and a beach bar. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...

I arrive in Antigua on Tuesday March 13th and from what I read, I do not want to miss the Montserrat Helicopter tour. I did contact caribbean helicopters and they said that we were the only people to inquire about this tour and that they needed 4 people to do a tour so they can't confirm the tour. Can you tell me if there is any other company that does a Montserrat helicopter tour?? I am going to be SO disappointed to miss this tour!!! Thanks for any info you can provide!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Antigua guy

What is your opinion about Long Bay Beach ? We 'll be 3 adults and 3 kids. What is there to do ? Snorkeling ? Jet Skis ?

Would you recommend a different beach to go in that part of the Island ?

Thank you

i am not trying to be rude, but you should read the few posts before yours. this thread has been dead for ages. also there are pages and pages about long bay aka Pineapple on this board. all your questions will be answered if you have a little read.

Archived