Cab Fare from FLL to Port of Miami

tigermaroon2

a cab will run about $120 from the FLL airport to the port of Miami. the shuttle bus will run around about $20-$24 each way per person.

Did you take a cab or a limo, our cab was 60$ for 4 people.

Also if you take the Carnival shuttle you have to wait,sometimes for a long time for the bus to fill up.

We have done this using a cab several times and never paid what the above poster did! The are plenty of taxis lined up right outside the airport.

We were able to get a town car for $64 right outside of the termnial. The shulttle was quoted as $20 per person, so for 3 people we could take the town car right to the hotel for an extra $4 or wait 30 min or so for the shuttle to fill up and then make it's waythrough the hotels....an easy choice!

Sue, will cruise luggage for 4 (probably 2 suitcases and 1 carry on each) fit in the trunk of a reg. cab or do you think we need a van? Also we are coming in the day before our cruise so will need a cab to the hotel by Bayside Market from FLL. Will it still be $60 or a bit less since we are not going to the port that day?

Also what is considered a decent tip for a cab ride? I live in rural northern Maine so I'm not in the habit of using a cab to get anywhere so don't know about tipping cabbies.

Sue, will cruise luggage for 4 (probably 2 suitcases and 1 carry on each) fit in the trunk of a reg. cab or do you think we need a van? Also we are coming in the day before our cruise so will need a cab to the hotel by Bayside Market from FLL. Will it still be $60 or a bit less since we are not going to the port that day?

Also what is considered a decent tip for a cab ride? I live in rural northern Maine so I'm not in the habit of using a cab to get anywhere so don't know about tipping cabbies.

\

Actually our taxi was a minivan because we did have quite a bit of luggage. We also went to the Holiday Inn by Bayside Marketplace and that was 60$. The next morning there were plenty of van taxis at the hotel and it was 10$ to the pier and about a 5 min ride. I don't remember how much we gave for a tip but I think it was around 5$ or so. Make sure when you get to the port to give the porters who take your luggage a tip, that we give 5$ for 2 big bags.

Sue

We asked a taxi and were quoted $65 for the two of us. We asked a shuttle van driver (not through the cruise line) and he quoted us $40 for the both of us so we took the shuttle. Yes we had to wait for the shuttle to fill but it saved us $25 and we waited less than 10 minutes. Don't waste your money on a taxi!!

Just a suggestion....if you do get a cab talk with the cabbie for a few minutes (before you get in and take off) and make sure you both speak the same language. Not to bore you with the details, but a few years ago dw, ds and I got in to FLL REAL LATE and just hopped into the next available cab. It wasn't until a good way down the road that I realized the driver could not understand me:confused: nor I, him .:eek: It was very interesting. Charades anyone?

Check into cab fare. I know that from the pier in Miami to FLL the fare is $70 (or it was in May , may have gone up due to gas prices). It is usually no more expensive for three people to take a cab and it is certainly faster.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if you were replying to me about renting a car, but we have 5-7 people. I have mini van reserved but it is $100 + gas. The $35 you found for car is probably a compact. The other reason I will probably cancel the car is that there is no drop off at the pier so it is not convenient. We did the rental car thing in Pt Canaveral and it was great, but there were only 3 of us and the drop off was about a mile away.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Archived