Seattle - One night before trip to Vancouver

Joy2theWorld

I'm looking for a hotel for us for one night before taking the Amtrak up for our cruise from Seattle. I posted a question about Springhill Suites, but the responses went way off topic and I wasn't sure if people were talking about the hotel I asked about or one someone else started talking about. So, I'm looking for any suggestions of someplace safe and nice to stay without spending $300 a night. I usually don't mind if we're going to be there for a few days, but just for one night, I want someplace nice, but not extravagant. Closer to the Pikes Market area would be wonderful or a shuttle to that area would be a plus. We will not have a car, but will be taking a cab from the airport with an early arriving flight.

Thank you!

Funny..we are doing the same thing, but we get in about 11 PM. My cousin lives there and she is going to try to Priceline something for us downtown....

The Springhill Suites, from what I remember her telling me, is nice (I have stayed in a lot of them just not the one in Seattle) but it is not in the center of the action.....it isn't in a bad area though.

She thinks we should be able to get a 3 star like the Crowne Plaza or Renaissance for under 65$$ on PL so I guess we will wait and see......

hth

You might also want to ask this question on TripAdvisor.com in the forum section for Seattle. You're likely to get some good responses there. Next to CruiseCritic (for cruises), I think TripAdvisor forums are the best for travel questions.

Hi:) I stayed at the Renassiance in May. It was very nice

but...but it is at the VERY TOP of a hill.

I would choose the Sheraton or something further down if

I was in Seattle again. I walked back after a day of sightseeing

and maybe I am just really out of shape:eek: but my legs were killing

me and I was out of breath by the time I reached the lobby.

Actually, if I sail from Seattle again, I will stay at the

Edgewater~located AT the pier.....what a location:D

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Downtown Marriott and it was wonderful. It's right on the waterfront across from Pier 66. There is a public elevator right near the hotel that takes you up to the Pike's Market area. There was lots to see and do in the area and if we go to Seattle again we will stay at the Marriott.

We have had good experiences at the Silver Cloud Inn on Union Lake. It is a little outside the area you were thinking of but they are very flexible about shuttling people around.

Also look at the Best Western Executive Inn. It is near the Space Needle. The Quikcoach to Vancouver leaves from their parking lot. The exterior looks a little dated but the hotel was clean and the staff was friendly.

Archived