promenade cabin for the 1st time questions

Hi, I think I am in for a treat. I booked an inside cabin. When I repriced the cabin the rates had fallen and when RCI (thank you!) honored the drop. The guarentee ended up being for the highest level inside but when the cabin was assigned we got a promenade cabin 6587 on Voyager. I have never been on a voyager class ship much less in the promenade cabin...... I can't stand it.....

I think this is going to be quite the treat. It looks like it is only one level above the promenade deck in the center of the ship.

Any thoughts on noise? from the promenade? from above or below?

Lighting?

smoke? smells?

Also if I were to get another upgrade like to a higher promenade or to an outside/no balcony what should I do? I'm not sure I would think these are better on a transatlantic cruise?

Wow, I like having this one to think about. Something new for me a cabin upgrade. I hope it's not too good to be true.

I don't know anything about upgrades but I can answer the question re:noise, lights and smells. Had a mid-ship, deck 7 prom cabin on the Voyager last Oct. The curtains work really well to block out light and at night they dim the lights so it wasnt an issue. I didn't notice any unusual noise or smells. The glass is quite thick and seemed pretty much sound proof to me. However, we spent most of the time out of the cabin. I will say that at night especially on the way back to Bayonne(maybe because we were really moving faster that usual) there was a creaking noise which I couldnt figure out where it was coming from. This may not have anything to to with the room location though.

I had a Promendade on Deck six last year on the Explorer. I loved it, would have one on upcoming cruise if hadnt lucked out with an Aft.

I didnt hear any noise(except during the Parade)but you should be watching that any way and the window in your room is great place to view it.

I think you will be very happy with it, I was.

Love the promenade cabins. DH and I stayed on deck 6 on the Explorer (above the Weekend Warrior) and Navigator. No problems with noise. Only noise was from the parade and while some entertainers were practicing in the promenade while in port.

Remember to keep your curtains closed when changing!!:eek: :D ;) :p

Enjoy your upgrade.:)

We're in 6595 and 6597 on Explorer later this week. We also booked inside guarantee and were thrilled when we got Promenade cabins (T/A had put a request in the reservation, not sure if it made any different but we did get them assigned 2 weeks after making the reservation, before we had even paid in full).

Thanks for the replies.

If the only noise you hear is from the parade that's great. I hate recorded music. I was afraid I might hear that all the time if I was near the window. Regarding lighting and smells in my question - well once in Las Vegas we had a room at Treasure Island that was right over the pirate show, I think the last show was after midnight. Only a problem if you were taking a catnap to go back a hit 'em again. he he.

Now if I am in a guarantee and they upgrade me again, I probably have to take the upgrade I guess. I kinda hate to call and say Well it's ok to upgrade me all the way to a balcony but nothing in between. I mean I'm mid ships with a window on a TA. Might be better than a balcony up higher if the seas get ruff.

Again thanks everyone.

Archived