Mr. Sancho's

Redsoxfan14

Hi:

I hope you can answer a few questions:

1. Do you know the $$ of the horseback riding and how long/where?

2. Do they do wave runner rentals and what is the $$; is by the hour etc.

3. Is the pool and lockers/showers open again?

It seems that everyone on the board heads for Paradis Beach and we are trying to avoid the crowds and my 17 yo daughter is a horse nut so this place appeals to us. We are a family of 6; 1 almost teen and 3 teens plus Mom and Dad.

Thanks in advance for any information you can share.

We did not do the horseback riding so I can't really comment on the price. I'm pretty sure you ride through the trees/beach area. We saw the horses tied up and they looked well cared for.

They did have wave Runners available but we did not partake as we have a Sea-Doo at home. They were Yamaha Wave Runners and seemed like pretty nice machines from a distance zooming around in the ocean. The water was very calm while we were there so the riding was pretty tame.

They have built a new pool which is a freshwater infinity edge type pool and is right next to the restaurant area. The restrooms and showers are available and a nice addition to the beach visit. There were some lockers outside but I never used them as I felt comfortable leaving my things on my beach lounger.

If you plan to go to Mr. Sanchos I would recommend that you go early and get a good spot with a lounger and a table for your beer and food.

After we spent a few hours at Mr. Sanchos we went into town and enjoyed a round of Mini Golf. It makes for a great day which you can plan without the cruise ship excursion prices and agenda.

Good Luck and have fun!:D

Something else I have wondered about this beach. My parents and other family members went here on our cruise and they loved the beach, but was upset over the prices of food/drinks. I am wondering if the waiter at the beach had ripped them off as they paid in American money and by the price that was given to them, I'm thinking it should have been in pesos.

From others' experience, do you pay for the food in American money or pesos ??? And what was the average price of your food bill ? They had some tacos (i think), chips and guac and two or three beers each.

We went there on our last two visits to Cozumel and found the prices fantastic. What did they end up paying and for how many people?

HELLO FL CRUISE FAN AND ANYONE WHO MIGHT KNOW SOME ANSWERS!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE GREAT INFO ON MR SANCHO'S, FL CRUISE FAN! MY HUSBAND AND I ARE SOON TO BE GOING TO COZUMEL ON CARNIVAL INSPIRATION AND WE ARE BOTH REAL INTERESTED IN MR SANCHOS. WE HAVE READ THEIR WEBSITE AND LOOKS LIKE A REAL NICE BEACH. I THINK THAT WE WILL BE DOCKING AT THE PUERTA MAYA DOCK AND WAS WONDERING HOW MUCH CAB FARE WOULD BE FROM THERE TO THE BEACH? HOW MUCH WERE THE LOCKERS TO RENT AT MR SANCHOS AND IS THERE ANY STORES NEARBY FOR SHOPPING? MASSAGES? CAN YOU MAKE RESERVATIONS AHEAD OF TIME FOR THE HORSEBACK RIDING AND SNORKELING ONLINE? HOW IS THE SNORKELING THERE? DO YOU GO ON A BOAT TO THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN AND SNORKEL THERE OR DO YOU JUST SNORKEL OFFSHORE? TELL ME MORE ABOUT THEIR RESTAURANT, BUFFET STYLE? ALL THE INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED:D . JUST GETTING SOOOOOOO EXCITED ABOUT OUR CRUISE!:D PS IF YOU HAVE ANY PHOTOS OF MR SANCHOS PLEASE PUT THEM ON THIS WEBPAGE:confused:

We did not do the horseback riding so I can't really comment on the price. I'm pretty sure you ride through the trees/beach area. We saw the horses tied up and they looked well cared for.

They did have wave Runners available but we did not partake as we have a Sea-Doo at home. They were Yamaha Wave Runners and seemed like pretty nice machines from a distance zooming around in the ocean. The water was very calm while we were there so the riding was pretty tame.

They have built a new pool which is a freshwater infinity edge type pool and is right next to the restaurant area. The restrooms and showers are available and a nice addition to the beach visit. There were some lockers outside but I never used them as I felt comfortable leaving my things on my beach lounger.

If you plan to go to Mr. Sanchos I would recommend that you go early and get a good spot with a lounger and a table for your beer and food.

After we spent a few hours at Mr. Sanchos we went into town and enjoyed a round of Mini Golf. It makes for a great day which you can plan without the cruise ship excursion prices and agenda.

Good Luck and have fun!:D

Are you on the Grand Princess that week. I was thinking about the same thing. Hope it is easy to get a cab back and forth from the cruise terminal.

jayandrhea

I have a few questions concerning this beach club that I was hoping to get some help on:

1. Horseback rididng - is it along the beach area that Mom and I can see the girls most of the time or is it away? How long and $$.

2. The waverunners - are the rented by the hour where various members can drive for awhile, come into the beach and switch riders/passengers or more like the organized tour in Labadee? Anyone know the $$

3. Anything to see snorkeling?

We are thinking about shoping in the AM then hitting the beach in the afternoon - will it be too crowded by the afternoon. We will be there the 13Th of April.

Any help would be great!:D

you can get a van taxi but i believe the price is $27 or $30 one way most taxis are small and cant hold more then 3 or 4 people. Mr Sanchos is worth the trip it is very nice we have been there 2 times.

Thanks for all the info ParadiseTom, We will be seeing you the 1st week of May. Your responses have made easy decisions for us!!!

May4th a 2 week vacation to visit inlaws in Florida....but Im starting it with a quick 4 day cruise on Carnivals Inspiration stopping in Coz. ....I fiqure this way I can make it thru the rest of the vacation LOL

We did both beaches on 3/7. Mr Sanchos is less crowded, but you do have to walk past a bunch of shops trying to sell you stuff and the picture lady. Once past that and on the beach, life is good, our waiter was the best.

Paradise has many more people, but a bigger beach with plenty of room for everyone. We got our drinks from the bar, and service was great there.

Both are great beaches!

-Ron

:d Hello!

Thanks For The Info On The Beaches In Cozumel. Hubby And I Will Be Going To Cozumel In May Aboard Carnival Inspiration And Still Have Our Hearts Set On Mr. Sanchos. Anyone Know About The Horseback Riding That They Offer And The Snorkeling? Can You Book Online? Are There Lockers Available For A Charge? Any Grocery Stores And Shops Along The Way? Please Get Back To Us! Our Boat Arrives May 25, 2006

Paradise Beach Tom, what about the rocky bottom mentioned in previous note. I have little ones, is it that rocky or just an occassional expected stone. I am from Michigan, we have stones!

Prog

:)

elleusion...Look forward to meeting you, we'll get you prepped for the in-laws! :D

Rochester...Thanx for the compliments!

DebZee...Aren't you afraid of wearing out your "shift" key? :)

prog...when you enter the water you have 2 choices. Enter at the north section of the beach where it's sandy or the south section where it's rocky. I recommend the north section. We're out of bandaids :)

Does anyone have photos of Mr. Sanchos that have been taken recently? Is the water near the beach shallow? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. We're going to be there from 12pm until 10pm and I want to make a good choice, as we are going with first time cruisers and visitors to Cozumel.

Thanks,

Crunch

Archived