Mr. Sancho's

Redsoxfan14

I haven't heard that it's open yet....wish I could tell you more....but I hate to see a post go unreplied to....even if it's just a sorry I don't know reply. Hopefully someone will have a better answer for you.

My wife and I just returned from Cozumel Monday morning 3-6-06. We spent the entire day on Saturday at Mr. Sanchos. It was one of the best days we have spent in a long time.

They have snorkeling, ATV's, horseback riding, Beachside Massages (Which were great) Shopping, a small freshwater pool, and some GREAT Mexican Food. They also have showers and nice facilities.

We had many Dos Equis and ate very well. I floated on a inflatable mat in the Ocean and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I would recommend Mr. Sanchos for anyone looking for a relaxing day soaking up the sun and enjoying the water in a clean and safe environment.

-Jamison:)

We were at Mr Sanchos this past Friday 3/3. The place looks great. Clean and new. They said they just reopened 2 weeks ago. I like the low/no pressure sales, clean facilities, swimming "infiniti" pool/small but very clean.

They had a mexican buffet the afternoon we were there. The beer is cold and the margaritas are excellent. Staff is very friendly. This was a great place last year and is even better with the new facility. Although I miss the swings at the bar and the beach was definitely eroded by the hurricane. I would definitely go there again.

My wife and I just returned from Cozumel Monday morning 3-6-06. We spent the entire day on Saturday at Mr. Sanchos. It was one of the best days we have spent in a long time.

They have snorkeling, ATV's, horseback riding, Beachside Massages (Which were great) Shopping, a small freshwater pool, and some GREAT Mexican Food. They also have showers and nice facilities.

We had many Dos Equis and ate very well. I floated on a inflatable mat in the Ocean and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I would recommend Mr. Sanchos for anyone looking for a relaxing day soaking up the sun and enjoying the water in a clean and safe environment.

-Jamison:)

The beach is virtually gone. The restaurant/pool area is right on the shore line. There is maybe 6-8 steps into the water from the tables/chairs where there used to be 40 or 50 feet of beach between the restaurant and the ocean. All the beaches are effected on this side of the island. We did drive to the other side where there was definitely less erosion, but still plenty of damage. Unfortunately, the waves are much higher and there is a sharp rocky coastline on the other side of the island which makes it difficult to swim and impossible to snorkel off the beach.

do they still have the beach trampoline? Do they still have their regular menu for the restuarnat or is it just the buffet? How were the crowds?

We've been there twice prior and just loved the place. I"m glad to hear that it's up and running again. Now I'm torn between here and Paradise Beach in a couple of weeks.

do they still have the beach trampoline? Do they still have their regular menu for the restuarnat or is it just the buffet? How were the crowds?

We've been there twice prior and just loved the place. I"m glad to hear that it's up and running again. Now I'm torn between here and Paradise Beach in a couple of weeks.

They do not have the beach trampoline. They do have a regular menu, not just the buffet. The nachos are awesome. It was not very crowded at all, no one else in the clean new pool but us. I think it may have been because everyone was at Paradise Beach. When we were coming over on the tender there was a rental car company offering steep discounts and passing out the paradise beach brochure to the hundreds of people coming over on tenders. We opted not to go to Paradise for this reason. They did have snorkel tours, gear, waverunners etc. The only negative was the lack of sandy beach because of the erosion but everyone has that problem now. Good luck.

They do not have the beach trampoline. They do have a regular menu, not just the buffet. The nachos are awesome. It was not very crowded at all, no one else in the clean new pool but us. I think it may have been because everyone was at Paradise Beach. When we were coming over on the tender there was a rental car company offering steep discounts and passing out the paradise beach brochure to the hundreds of people coming over on tenders. We opted not to go to Paradise for this reason. They did have snorkel tours, gear, waverunners etc. The only negative was the lack of sandy beach because of the erosion but everyone has that problem now. Good luck.

Thanks. We were going to try Paraidse Beach but I'm worried about the crowds. Our ship does get in early but I really don't want to be at a beach club where it's wall to wall people.

I too, have wondered about Mr. Sancho's which I believe is close to Paradise Beach. With the hurricane and some resorts not fully up and running, PB is the first place many cruisers will go. With 5,6,7 ships in port, that's a lot of people especially when you may not arrive until later. When we sailed the Glory last April, we were one of the first ships in port - around 7ish I think and we were at PB a little after 9. Basically, the first one's there which was fabulous! By 11 or so, the place was packed but around 1ish, tons of people left I assume to go back to the ship to eat lunch. Not us...great time, great food, etc., We didn't want to leave even though we had anticipated a couple of hours at PB would be enough. My husband still talks about our day there!

There is no cost to get on the beach at Mr Sanchos. Just walk right past the lady with the mexican hats at the entrance who tries to take your picture (and then charge you) and you are all set. You only pay for any food or drinks you buy and the prices are very reasonable. THere were 8 of us, drinking and appetizers all afternoon and I spent $50.00.

Thanks. We were going to try Paraidse Beach but I'm worried about the crowds. Our ship does get in early but I really don't want to be at a beach club where it's wall to wall people.

On our way back from Mr Sanchos we noticed 10-15 cabs all lined up at Paradise Beach. I really think it may be safe to avoid for a little while only because it has been known for awhile as the only beach that was fully open. I'm sure that will changes as other beaches reopen. Good luck.

suntrine...many cabs wait for the original passengers that they brought earlier since that might be their only fare all day. All the beach clubs (except Nachi Cocom which has been closed since last July) have been open for months. Also, not everyone has a problem with sand erosion. Mr. Sancho's is by far the worst, Palancar lost some but still has loads, Playa Mia actually gained sand (probably Mr Sanchos'), we are the same or more since we tore a building down, giving us more beach width, San Fransisco is the same.

The cab ride frm downtown is only $15. So I would expect that to be the case from pretty much anywhere on the island.

When we were there there were 3 or 4 ships in port and the beach at Mr. Sanchos was not crowded at all. We arrived around 10 and we had the entire place to ourselves. By around 1 there might have been 30 people. I really believe it just doesn't get as much publicity so it doesn't get as crowded.

You could snorkel and there were a few doing that although I don't know if there is anything good to see.

The beach has seriously eroded from what it once was but there is still some beach and many beach chairs to lounge in.

Hope this helps

-Jamison

The cab ride frm downtown is only $15.

For how many people?

"there is still some beach and many beach chairs to lounge in."

Are there any beach loungers? (I saw the chairs in the pics, but didn't see any of the loungers)

Something else I have wondered about this beach. My parents and other family members went here on our cruise and they loved the beach, but was upset over the prices of food/drinks. I am wondering if the waiter at the beach had ripped them off as they paid in American money and by the price that was given to them, I'm thinking it should have been in pesos.

From others' experience, do you pay for the food in American money or pesos ??? And what was the average price of your food bill ? They had some tacos (i think), chips and guac and two or three beers each.

Hi All:

I have a few questions concerning this beach club that I was hoping to get some help on:

1. Horseback rididng - is it along the beach area that Mom and I can see the girls most of the time or is it away? How long and $$.

2. The waverunners - are the rented by the hour where various members can drive for awhile, come into the beach and switch riders/passengers or more like the organized tour in Labadee? Anyone know the $$

3. Anything to see snorkeling?

We are thinking about shoping in the AM then hitting the beach in the afternoon - will it be too crowded by the afternoon. We will be there the 13Th of April.

Any help would be great!:D

Hi:

I hope you can answer a few questions:

1. Do you know the $$ of the horseback riding and how long/where?

2. Do they do wave runner rentals and what is the $$; is by the hour etc.

3. Is the pool and lockers/showers open again?

It seems that everyone on the board heads for Paradis Beach and we are trying to avoid the crowds and my 17 yo daughter is a horse nut so this place appeals to us. We are a family of 6; 1 almost teen and 3 teens plus Mom and Dad.

Thanks in advance for any information you can share.

The cab ride frm downtown is only $15.

For how many people?

"there is still some beach and many beach chairs to lounge in."

Are there any beach loungers? (I saw the chairs in the pics, but didn't see any of the loungers)

We had 2 people in the cab so I'm not sure if they charge more for additional people.

There is a little beach and it is fairly steep but if your goal is relaxing in a chair or lounger on the sand byu the water, you can definately do that here.

Hope this helps!

Something else I have wondered about this beach. My parents and other family members went here on our cruise and they loved the beach, but was upset over the prices of food/drinks. I am wondering if the waiter at the beach had ripped them off as they paid in American money and by the price that was given to them, I'm thinking it should have been in pesos.

From others' experience, do you pay for the food in American money or pesos ??? And what was the average price of your food bill ? They had some tacos (i think), chips and guac and two or three beers each.

We had tacos, burritos, nachos and 11 Dos Equis between the two of us and our bill was 630. Pesos. We used our credit card and it was billed as Pesos. 630 Pesos = about $58 US. We did tip our attendant $20 as we thought they did a great job taking care of us while we were there.

Archived