Water Shoes???

pucrew

Not to mention you don't know when some idiot has thrown a bottle in the water which is now broke and sticking up out of the sand.A freind of mine stepped on a bottle,cut open the bottom of his foot and got 12 stiched plus a cast for the entire summer.Not fun.

Land's End (landsend.com) sells sneaker/water shoes they have the support and construction of a sneaker, they are extremely light weight but they are a water shoe. They are called sea and sport shoes, or something close to that. I have had them for a couple cruises and they were invaluable for some of our excursions.

They are a must for Dunn's. There was a young couple at Dunn's that flat out refused to buy/rent a pair no matter how much everyone in our group tried to tell them that they would be sorry with just flip flops or bare foot. We we not even half way up and the girl was in tears, she was having a real hard time climbing with the flip flops on, and her feet were getting sore without, they ended up getting off halfway.

There are a lot of small shells and coral at the water line at Labadee, (at least there was at Hideaway beach) Once you get past that the sand is smooth.

Thank you! We'll get them now as they are probably hard to find in January-February!

Take my advice and buy them while there is a selection. We bought just prior to our January cruise and all my DH could find for my 9 and 11 yo boys were these very tacky Spiderman water shoes. They had no choice but to wear them.

Land's End (landsend.com) sells sneaker/water shoes they have the support and construction of a sneaker, they are extremely light weight but they are a water shoe. They are called sea and sport shoes, or something close to that. I have had them for a couple cruises and they were invaluable for some of our excursions.

I bought those for our whole family this year. Not only were they great for climbing the falls but also terrific for the local amusement park too. You can get really soaked on the water rides and it was great to have a pair of shoes that dry out quickly.

I have the same question for the Southern Caribbean, are water shoes needed? I can't decide if I should buy some or not. Thanks!

I'd recommend them whether you go to the southern,eastern or western routes. As someone mentioned there is always the possibility of broken glass, and even the sandiest beaches sometimes have rocks. Besides under that hot Caribbean sand, the beach sand can become very hot so water shoes will help.

Thank you for your imput. Ran out to GI Joes and got lucky to find the shoes for everyone! Counting down the days till we leave on our wedding cruise!!

Thanks again!:p

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - AUGUST 19TH

Archived