In Room Liquor Set up

SueOverend

Can any current cruisers tell me whether this is still available for purchase. I'll be really disappointed if it has been discontinued as we've just cancelled a cruise with Royal Caribbean because of their alcohol policy and rebooked with HAL (losing our £200 deposit!). We used it in December on the Westerdam, but I can't remember how I booked and paid for the liquor, which was waiting for us in the room. Anybody sailed last week with first hand experience?

I intend on calling them next week for our November sailing. Actually Princess has stopped the policy altogether which is just encouraging cruisers to try and smuggle booze on. RCI/Celebrity have raised their bar set up prices about 50% recently. That's why I want to do this asap, before HAL follows the rest. NMNIta

Wine and champagne can be ordered online. For hard liquor available to you in your cabin during the cruise, you need to call HAL's ship's services at 1-800-541-1576 to order. You can choose from a selection of liqueurs and spirits. I attach HAL's online information regarding purchase of alcoholic beverages. Please go here.

Wine and champagne can be ordered online. For hard liquor available to you in your cabin during the cruise, you need to call HAL's ship's services at 1-800-541-1576 to order. You can choose from a selection of liqueurs and spirits. I attach HAL's online information regarding purchase of alcoholic beverages. Please go here.

You can preorder spirits and wine thru your TA. I did this for our cruise in November. I had a bottle of Vodka, Gin, 3 bottles of champagne and Tonic water in my cabin.

jc

On the HAL website, I see lists and prices for wine and other gifts, but I see no definitive list of the alcohol packages and what they cost. Is there a list for this, or do you have to call? Can someone give an idea of prices. If you are paying $35-40 for a bottle, is it a full liter or a 750 ml or what?

Also, I was on a the Rotterdam for a Panama Canal cruise in December 2003 and we WERE allowed to buy alcohol in the gift shop and take it to our room for consumption. We had to pay more than the duty-free price, but with no taxes, etc. it was still less than we paid at home. I want to say about $12 for a 750 ml of Absolute vodka, while the duty free price was under $10.

Does anyone have recent experience on HAL with their gift shop rules?

Thanks.

The alcohol sold in the gift shop for not for room consumption anymore.

You can either call Ship Services or wait until you get on board the ship to order a liter of whatever yout from room service. Or you can go to any bar and buy a bottle. You will be charged 15% gratuity if you wait to order once you are on the ship. If you are sailing out of a Florida port and don't wait until you are 10 miles out to sea, there will be additional 6% Florida tax.

The alcohol sold in the gift shop for not for room consumption anymore.

You can either call Ship Services or wait until you get on board the ship to order a liter of whatever yout from room service. Or you can go to any bar and buy a bottle. You will be charged 15% gratuity if you wait to order once you are on the ship. If you are sailing out of a Florida port and don't wait until you are 10 miles out to sea, there will be additional 6% Florida tax.

If you call now and order is there tip and tax added? I live in Florida.

I asked that same question last week and got a response. I was told you could call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 and pre-order your bottles of liquor for the cabin. Response also said not to order tonics etc. When you order liquor on board you will pay a 15% gratuity - and ordering by phone - none. Just take along a copy of your credit card statement in case of any problem. I have not yet ordered.... but am going to this weekend.

If when you order, you don't have a room number, remind the person with whom you are talking to about this.

They use your confirmation number to keep track of things. If you don't get your order within a couple of hours of being in your cabin, go to the front desk and inquire about it.

Don't forget to take along your credit card statement.

I have seen the prices go up drastically over the last 2 years since they started doing this. I emailed Ships services 5 days ago for a current list of prices, but haven`t heard back from them. Anyone have the current list?.............jean:cool:

Here's the current list from which we just ordered. We confirmed that the bottles are 1 liter.

ITEM

DESCRIPTION

PRICE

GINS

GIN: BEEFEATER

$26.90

GIN: TANQUERAY

$33.10

GIN: BOMBAY SAPPHIRE

$38.00

LIQUEURS

LIQUEURS: AMARETTO

$39.35

LIQUEURS: BAILEYS IRISH CREAM

$41.40

LIQUEURS: COINTREAU

$53.80

LIQUEURS: DRAMBUIE

$49.70

LIQUEURS: GRAND MARNIER

$74.50

LIQUEURS: SAMBUCA - OPAL NERA

$39.35

LIQUEURS: SOUTHERN COMFORT

$39.35

LIQUEURS: TIA MARIA

$39.35

RUM

RUM: BACARDI GOLD

$26.90

RUM: BACARDI WHITE

$26.90

RUM: BACARDI LIMON

$29.00

RUM: MYERS

$30.00

SCOTCH/WHISKEY/BRANDY

SCOTCH: BALLENTINES

$34.15

SCOTCH: CHIVAS REGAL - 12 Y.O.

$57.95

SCOTCH: DEWAR'S White Label

$39.35

SCOTCH: J & B RARE

$37.25

SCOTCH: J. WALKER BLACK LABEL

$70.40

SCOTCH: J. WALKER RED LABEL

$37.25

BOURBON: JACK DANIELS BLACK

$45.55

BOURBON: JIM BEAM

$24.85

WHISKEY: CANADIAN CLUB

$30.00

WHISKEY: CROWN ROYAL

$39.35

WHISKEY: SEAGRAMS 7

$26.90

WHISKEY: SEAGRAMS V.O.

$26.90

WHISKEY - IRISH: JAMESON

$39.35

COGNAC: HENNESSY VS

$78.65

COGNAC: REMY MARTIN VSOP

$89.00

COGNAC: REMY MARTIN XO

$236.00

SHERRY

SHERRY: HARVEY'S MEDIUM

$60.05

SHERRY: TIO PEPE

$39.35

TEQUILA:

TEQUILA: JOSE QUERVO GOLD

$35.20

TEQUILA: JOSE QUERVO 1800

$43.45

VODKA:

VODKA: ABSOLUT

$29.00

VODKA: ABSOLUT - CITRON

$31.05

VODKA: STOLICH****

$24.85

VODKA: SKYY

$29.00

VODKA: FINLANDIA

$24.85

VODKA: SMIRNOFF

$24.85

VODKA: CHOPiN

$64.15

VODKA: GREY GOOSE

$68.30

VODKA: TANGUERAY STERLING

$31.05

VODKA: BELVEDERE

$64.15

All items have a 15% service charge included. Prices are subject to change.

Archived