Book to read on board

rxmurphy

This has been so helpful. My normal way to choose a book is to scan the shelves at the bookstore until something catches my eye. This is a much better way to pick a book.

I have already picked up three science fictions books for DH, from those suggested. I could not wait until the cruise, so gave them to him early. He was so pleased.

Carol

[quote name='packerAnpatriot']Love Nelson DeMille too but have been disappointed with his last two or three books. Nostalgic for the old days....like Grisham.

Cristin[/QUOTE]

Oh, but UP COUNTRY was so good.

Anne

[quote name='AnneHandel']Oh, but UP COUNTRY was so good.

Anne[/QUOTE]
Anne,
Was it really good??? I have it sitting on my shelf at home but have been afraid to devote the time since the debacle that was Lion's game etc... Maybe I'll bring it along on the cruise and finally give it a go.
Cristin

Honestly, I couldn't put it down, and I've put a lot of books down lately. I'm 65 and I learned so much about Viet Nam besides reading a terrific story. (My next cruise stops in Viet Nam.) I gave the book to my daughter who is 43. Well, she couldn't put it down either. She had so enjoyed The Charm School, too.

I wish I could find a book that would grab me right now.

Has anybody mentioned Loney Bones that's another great book and new stock at Costco.

I'm not going to buy anymore Patterson books. I now have two Alex Crosses that I'm not going to read.

Anne

[quote name='AnneHandel']
I wish I could find a book that would grab me right now.

Has anybody mentioned Loney Bones that's another great book and new stock at Costco.

Anne[/QUOTE]
The Lovely Bones was one of the best books I've ever read! Some authors that have really grabbed me (fast paced action but still gotten me emotionally involved) have been T. Jefferson-Parker and Barry Eisler's John Rain series.

You might like them.
Cristin

Lonely Bones is one of my all time favorites. I actually slowed my reading pace so as not to finish it too quickly. I ended up buying another copy as a gift to my sister. To this date I know she hasn't finished the book and probably never will. Well, her loss.

I'll try those authors. Thanks, Cristen.

Anne

I'm just finishing Skinny Dip and loving it!

Bernie, on a Sailaway from St. Kitts, raved about a book concerning the rum business. Having had too much rum at the time, I've forgotten the name. Anyone know about a rum book?

Archived